The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

No Apologies

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No Apologies Empty No Apologies

Post  Leon Barner Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Leon skulked throught the Lillegards corridors. He hated the school, but he figured as long as he had to stay he should probably get himself used to the bulding, though he planned on spending every moment possible outside of its walls. At least outside he could fly. The castle had nothing for him.

He remembered the fireworks at the cliff, Jami punching him in the face and then him taking it out Ndale. Though he struggled to admit even to himself, he regretted that particular reaction. He didn't need to make enemies; they got annoying. Even so, he knew the deed was done. He wouldn't admit out loud that it shouldn't have happened, and he would never apologize.

Though he did feel like he should probably behave in this place. It'd be trouble if he got kicked out. He could lose his powers and that, to him, was akin to death. He took no responsibilty for the things he did when he was angry though. For all he cared, it was Jami that owed Ndale an apology, not him.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Height : 5'7'' / 170cm
Weight : 132 lbs / 60kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d4hv

Back to top Go down

No Apologies Empty Re: No Apologies

Post  Ace Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Ace walked from the opposite direction. He was only walking out to get out of the castle. He barely stayed in the castle. He was looking for some place quiet and a decent place to train, as usual.
Ace walked past Leon, not taking any notice of him.
Ace
Ace
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Ndale vaulted himself over the sill from the courtyard through the open window, landing in the hall just a little ways in front of Leon, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet with a sort of graceful agility. He was panting lightly, cheeks a little red, obviously having just been running as he was known to go out and do. He was as a human, just having spent sufficient time as a cheetah, and wore a simple pair of long black slacks that looked like they might now have been his, as they seemed a size too big and hung loosely on his slim hips, running straight around his thin legs and pooling around his bare feet. From the smooth and high quality material, there was a possibility the cloth had been lifted from Odqura's room.

Turning, Ndale's eyes widened at seeing people in the hall, not having considered the possibility that there would be students in here when he didn't bother to find a doorway. One of the boys was walking away, but one was walking towards him, one Ndale recognized. Great...he hoped Leon wouldn't be attacking him again...he didn't have Od this time and he certainly wasn't a fighter.

Looking away, the feline ran a hand through his hair out of habit, pushing back the messy strands. His tail flicked idly behind him. What to do, what to do...
He could either keep walking and pretend he didn't see him...
Or, he could try and be civil like nothing was wrong.
Might as well try to be nice.

Ndale hummed lightly and grinned, turning fully to Leon and raising a hand in greeting.

"Yo." He called in a casual friendly manner, standing with his hips tilted, waiting for the other boy to come closer.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Ludolf was wandering the castle, and actually had his eyes closed as he approached the group, hearing some commotion ahead, he opened his blue eyes, which proceeded to dart around to survey the scene. Three people... students I'm guessing. he thought as he approached, he looked over the other shirtless male, and actually couldn't help the slight blush that appeared on his cheeks.

"Hello," Ludolf said in a fairly confident voice, he didn't take the reserved position that his previous used to. He was fairly direct, and he didn't exactly try to hide the fact that he actually took a look over Ndale, but he did try to see what the other two were like, pulling his eyes away from the shirtless one.

He observed one seemed to want to get somewhere, and the other had been doing a lot of thinking, and the way the shirtless one looked, he figured he was trying to get the attention of one of them... well it certainly wasn't him.

He had come the direction opposite of Leon, so he was currently facing him, now at a complete stop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Leon paid the blue-haird boy no mind, letting him pass without incedent. Then another boy jumped in through the window and quick look of frustration crossed his face. 'Speak of the devil.' he thought.

Yo? Though Leon was 50 years old he always tried to change his speech patterns along with the times. "Yo", however, was something he never picked up on. That, and he had no intentions of being cordial with the cheetah.

He put his hands in his hoody pockets and simply acknowledged him as he passed by, "Ndale."

As for the other boy further up ahead, he seemed to be speaking more to Ndale than anyone else, so he simply ignored him. This hallway had suddenly gotten crowded.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Ace didn't turn to see the other two enter the hallway. He had sensed them coming in.
He continued walking. He usually didn't like crowded places and didn't get too much involved in things.
So he just continued walking, minding his own business.
Besides, he was eager to get out of the castle and to somewhere quiet and less crowded. Just a decent place for training.
Ace
Ace
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Ndale turned swiftly as a voice behind him called a greeting. He raised an eyebrow at the way in which the man there looked over him.

"Hello." He called back a little interested in whoever this man was.

Turning again as Ndale heard his name spoken by Leon, the feline ended up going in a full circle as the demon passed by him. Out of the corner of his eye, Ndale noticed a boy leaving down the hall and he made a mental note to find out who that was later.

For now, he followed Leon with his eyes, miffed at the short and rough greeting. He huffed and quickly took a few steps to catch up and stay along side the other boy. Leaning forward, Ndale locked his fingers together behind his back and peered up at Leon's face slyly.

"So cold, Leon~" He purred, feigning a pout. "Do you really dislike me so?" He paused a moment, still studying the demon's face appreciatively. "You know, you really are rather handsome, I would be interested in getting to know you more." He grinned cockily. His cheeks were still flushed and his breath was still heavy from his recent run outside, and his chest moved deeply causing extremely lean muscles to ripple beneath the lightly tanned skin. The cheetah's tail swayed behind him leisurely as his hips rolled in an easy stride as they walked towards the waiting Ludolf.

(( Is Ace leaving? He kind of walked in and out, so I was wondering if that's his final post or if he is going to join. ))
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:20 am

Ludolf came a little closer, hands deep in his pockets, His own tail was not visible, and he had no real markings to show what he was. He had bare feet and an arm cuff, as well as one around each ankle and wrist. He looked over Leon again, he could hear what Ndale said to the boy.

"I'm Ludolf," he said looking over the two boys.

He figured he'd join them as they began to pass him, there was no reason to really get any further if they were walking his direction anyway. He was looking a little closer at Leon who didn't seem very pleased to be around people, and he actually wondered if it would be better if he kept going, but the site of Ndale had him a bit interested and he didn't know what he should really do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Leon kept his pace the same. He really had nothing against Ndale at this point and, all things considered, it may not have been wise to act as if he did. Ndale seemed the type to get quite annoying quite easily. Leon would have preferred to keep the situation from getting ugly, but knew himself too well to think he'd be able to keep himself under control if he got angry. After all, that had been the problem in their first encounter.

"Not really," he answered to Ndale's question of dislike. He had nothing to say to Ndale. His eyebrows furrowed at second statement, and he remembered to the day at the cliffs. Ndale and Owen. He kept himself from letting out an exhasperated sigh and said simply, "No you wouldn't." Even if anybody was interested in "getting to know" him, Leon wasn't the type to talk about himself anyway.

Leon got a bit angry when it seemed the other man was going to continue walking with them. Two was company but three made a crowd, and he didn't even like company. "Leon," It sounded more like he was just stating the name rather than introducing himself as it.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Ndale looked up and grinned at Ludolf, nodding politely.

"Hey, I'm Africa." He said cheerily, head tilting to the side slightly.

His smile dropped and he raised an eyebrow at Leon. He nodded gravely and made a small noise of disappointment in the back of his throat.

"Well, I do. But you're not gay are you?" He sighed and placed a hand on his cheek in damsel dismay. "The really hot ones never are. But you know, dating guys is better, you should try it. I'll tell you what, I'll even let you kiss me." The feline chuckled and leaned in towards Leon, tapping his own lips lightly with a finger as he smirked cockily. "You should take the chance at such an honor you know." He purred lightly and glanced between Leon and Ludolf, simply expecting the other man to agree as well, so confident was he.

(( Hey, Ace, just jump in if you want to. I'm not sure if you had your character leave or not. ))
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Leon kept a calm face. He was beginning to get angry, but felt that if he could keep it from showing on his features he'd be able to contain it. He took his hand out of his pocket and put it directly in the cheetah's face. If Ndale didn't move away, he'd push him away.

"Evidently, you weren't there when I attacked you on the cliff during the fireworks." Leon decided to go for a different approach. Maybe if he insulted him, he'd get huffy and walk off. He still didn't much about Ndale yet though. "It can't be that much of an honor coming from someone who'd rather hide behind someone else than fight his own battles." Speaking of Odqura, he'd never actually attended the detention that the professor had given him... oh well.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Ndale pulled back just a bit to not be hit in the face by Leon's palm. His eyes narrowed and he bared his teeth, he should bite that hand... He was not accustomed to people being so hostile and unacceptable of him. To him, this was unnecessary behavior and it really pissed him off. He smirked, his irritation fueling something more useful: persistence and attitude. Darting forward, he tried and land a quick kiss on the pad of Leon's hand just where the pointer and middle finger met the palm before he danced back quite a few steps, fearing retaliation.

"Evidently..." He spoke dryly then scoffed, placing his hands on his hips . "Why would I fight you? That's almost as stupid as it was for you to attack me. I had no quarrel with you, and I'm not about to jump into something I can't win, I'm not a fighter and I'm not ashamed to say that. I know my strengths and weaknesses." His tail flicked behind him and he smirked, sharp amber eyes piercing. "Od just happens to be a strength of mine; social networking." He quirked his eyebrow up as if to say 'duh.'.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Leon replaced his hand in his pocket. He didn't care about the kiss. The action had served its purpose which was to get some space. At the very least, Ndale knew not to remain too close to him for too long. A sinister smirk began to play at his lips as Ndale explained his strengths and weaknesses, and he didn't stop it. He didn't know why exactly, but something about cheetah's words amused him.

"You can't fight for yourself, so you have others defend you instead," He surmised, then in a voice with just a hint of threat in it, continued, "Well what about now?" He guestered to the now empty hallway, "There's nobody else here. What would you do right now if things went south?"
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Ndale's eyebrow lowered as Leon spoke and his shoulders loosened as he lifted his chin in apparent defiance.

"Do not make a mistake. Just because one does not fight does not mean that can not fight. I've hunted my entire life. Brash brawling like you do just isn't my style." He casually glanced down the empty hall both ways as if for the first time realizing they were alone before looking back to Leon, lips splitting in to a wide grin that showed off his sharp canines. He opened his arms, palms up, as if gesturing to the boy to go ahead and take a shot.

"What would I do? Well, I hadn't exactly taken you for being that idiotic, but now that I think of it, I wouldn't be that surprised if you were. If you want my death on your head, go for it." He chuckled darkly as if he knew something Leon did not. "Do me one last favor though, aim for the lungs and the heart, they've been giving me a hell of a time." The cheetah's eyes flashed and he stared down Leon, wondering if he'd really go to attack him. His grin never faltered.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Leon's smirk loosened a bit to appear less sinister, pleased with the response he'd gotten from Ndale. He'd expected him to simply back down though, as he was quickly learning, he didn't seem the type to ever do that. Good. Though, now that he thought about it, a fight in these small corridoors was something he should definitly avoid. If Ndale went cheetah on him here, there wouldn't be much he could do about it.

Leon released his wings and directed them upwards in an apparent stretch. As they moved up they extended the two twin holes that had already been burned into the back of his hoody. He doubted Ndale would actually attack, but was prepared for it now nonetheless.

"Good. At least now I know you're not a complete coward."
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Ndale feigned a disappointed look as Leon failed to attack him, not batting an eyelash to the large wings that stretched high above them. He was used to wings.

"No? Ah well, it's okay, I think Shae wanted to kill me anyway, I'll get him to do it later." He flipped one hand and pouted slightly, looking away, other arm falling to his side. His eyes shifted back to Leon and a smirk pulled back the corner of his mouth. "Thanks? I don't know why you thought I was a coward in the first place, but whatever." He shrugged and strolled towards the other boy, coming to a few feet in front of him.

"Since neither of us really know the other's power, and because I don't really care to fight you to find out, lets just agree to not be hostile, hm? I'll bug you, you'll bug me, but it'll all be in good fun." He smiled disarmingly and stuck out his arm in offer to shake hands on it. "I'll even try to refrain from hitting on you even though you're really cute." His smile donned some qualities of a cocky grin. "Though, no promises."
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Leon moved his wings straight back, then pulled them back in close again, now apparently satisfied with how they felt after being stretched. He knew what Ndale was proposing now was a peace offering of sorts. What bothered him was the 'I'll bug you, you'll bug me bit'. He wasn't really good with being bugged, even if he knew it was in good fun. He just hoped Ndale wouldn't ever take too far, otherwise he'd be able to control himself.

Leon looked from Ndale's face to his outstretched then back to his face. He simply shrugged dismissively and said, "Fine." He didn't accept the handshake... because he knew it would bug Ndale. He emphasized the point with a crooked smile.

He'd rather be on good terms with Ndale. Actually, though he wouldn't admit to anyone not even himself, Leon was a bit glad that this had happened. He did regret their first encounter at the cliffs, and this seemed a good way to make up for that without actually admitting that he had been wrong.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Ndale rolled his eyes, huffing airily and dropping his hand, shooting Leon an accusatory, though playful, glare.

"Jerk." Though, he had to admit, he did like the crooked smile Leon gave him and he found himself studying it, looking over the boy's facial features. He smiled in dramatic dismay again and pouted, smile still trying to break through as he took a step forward. His eyebrows creased in sorrowful feigned hope. "You sure you're not at least bi?" He crossed his left arm across his chest, hand cupping his right elbow as the arm came up to place his cheek in his palm, tilting his head and gaze at the other boy. He tail swung contentedly behind him as he shifted his weight to his right, tilting his hips and bending his left knee in a rather feminine fashion, accented by his particularly lean and lithe frame.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 am

The smile fell from his lips. All he thought was that Ndale already had one very easy way to bug him whereas he himself didn't have much in that regard. Just don't give him what he wants, no matter if it was a handshake or a kiss. That seemed the best way he had to bug him.

"You know, I have had 53 years to think that question over," he answered in a flat, sarcastic tone, "I'm pretty sure." Leon was a bit curious to see how the cheetah would react to learning his actual age.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 am

Ndale paused and blinked, staring at Leon a moment, looking the boy up and down. Looking back to his face, Ndale's brows creased and he rolled his eyes dramatically, letting his arms drop.

"Oh come on. Does no one look their age around here? The last guy I kissed, I found out was like 100 and something." He glared and pointed at Leon in a 'you-know-what?!' fashion, as if he was the source of the problem. He sighed, leaning back, looking put out. "At least I'm old. Age doesn't matter so much when you're really old." He trailed off, looking to the side, arms crossed, seeming to realize he was getting off track. There was a pause, then the feline smirked and glanced back devilishly to Leon. "But you were in fact thinking it over..."
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:10 am

Leon shrugged, as if Ndale should have been used to people in this school appearing younger than they actually were. Though he was right about being older as oppesed to just being old. To a human 53 years was a long time, but to a demon, Leon was still young.

"This is supposed to be a school for magic people right? Youth is the first thing everyone wants," he stated it as if it should have been obvious. "As for being old, the only good thing about being old is having more say. Who wants to walk around like a friggin' cripple for the short amount of life he has left?" The only "old" Leon was looking for was the old that came with more power and not age.

He purposely ignored Ndale's last question, not allowing him to turn the topic back to what they'd originally been talking about. In fact, he allowed himself to completely forget what they'd orginally been talking about.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

Ndale actually flinched back at Leon's words, letting our a low warning hiss that the boy was making the feline angry. A hand unconsciously rose and clenched over his chest above his heart, clawed nails digging in to his skin. His tail, which had been waving carelessly behind him, fell limp and still. He forced a chuckle, but it was humorless, and his glare leveled at Leon.

"Yeah, youth. Everyone wants, not all can have." He narrowed his eyes. "Not everyone has to be a cripple at the end, though." He seemed strangely adamant about this.

Ndale had no fear of dying. He knew he was old and sick, and he knew he would pass on, he was okay with that. What he wasn't okay with was the lack of energy, the tiredness, the soreness. He didn't want to be a cripple in his old age. He would not be a cripple, he'd make sure of that. Even if he had to go a bit sooner than planned, he would not live a life where he could not run and party.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:06 am

Leon raised a curious eyebrow at Ndale. It seemed he had struck a chord. He felt as though he had an understanding of this. He himself was the same way. Neither of them wanted to get old and crippled. They wanted to be as active as possible for the duration of their lives no matter how long or short that time period may be for either of them.

Leon knew his fear of aging far too well. He wanted to be young forever, and he never wanted to die. He could never imagine himself like his father, who'd had his powers taken away from him and now actually appeared to be about 70. What Leon feared more than anything, was dying a crippled old man, like his father was now destined to do.

Leon ran Ndale's words through his mind. 'Not everyone has to be cripple at the end'. It made him think. If he had only two choices, would he choose to die young or old. He'd always known that he had those two distinct fears, but which did he fear more: death or age?

"If I lost my powers," he was muttering to himself now, almost inaudibly, though he didn't doubt the the cheetah's keen hearing could pick up what he was saying, "I'd have to live without being to fly." He let out a chuckle and said in a louder voice, "I'd already be crippled."
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 am

Ndale looked away, glare softening, as he heard Leon's quiet words, feeling like the boy had just shared something rather significant with him.

"You're flying is like my running." He sighed and his shoulders bowed. "I don't want to loose it." and he expected that Leon didn't want to either. It seemed that Leon understood, maybe..."Leon, if I wanted, and asked, you to kill me in a few months or a year, would you?"

Ndale didn't look up at the boy and kept his expression neutral except for the slight furrow of his eyebrows. He didn't think Shae would actually kill him, and he didn't want to ask Odqura...
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Leon took a long moment to think over the question, already knowing in advance what the answer was. It didn't matter that he knew where Ndale was coming from in asking it. It didn't matter that he understood the purpose perhaps more than he understood anything about any other person. And it wasn't a matter of being squemish to kill. He'd done that before in a way that he knew was much worse than simply killing a person. That particular nightmare was one he'd rather not have again.

He wouldn't kill Ndale though. For the same reason Ndale wanted Leon to kill him, Leon would not do it. He'd already gotten into some trouble at the school. Killing another student, especially one with the strength of "social networking" as Ndale, wouldn't blow over well, even if he did want it. If he got expelled from the school, it would ultimately result in him losing his powers and becoming his father. This was death in the worst way for him.

So to answer the cheetah's question he said simply and in his toneless voice, "No."
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: