The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Midnight Tea Frog

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Midnight Tea Frog - Page 2 Empty Re: Midnight Tea Frog

Post  Spyridon Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 am

"An association that I work for." He berated himself mentally for even mentioning it. The HA liked to keep a lid on what outsiders knew about them. But he slipped at times. He was just so used to being around Jinn that knew what the HA was that when he was in the company of people that didn't know, he would still talk about it.

But cover-ups and evasiveness came into play then.

He blinked at the question and actually took the time to think back over the years. He could remember times when he feigned happiness in front of his family to stop them from worrying.

But finally his thoughts fell on a time when he truly was happy. Back when Jo and Raye were still with the pack. "Back when I was twenty. A hundred and forty...three years ago? Maybe forty two." He really hadn't been truly joyous since Jo had died. And all attempts at even trying to feel the emotion again faded when Raye left the pack. Left him with Nathaniel and their parents. His sisters were his everything and when they were gone, he just couldnt feel happy again.
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Association... of course, what else. He nodded as if considering that answer satisfactory. There was no rush - sooner or later, he would find out what he wanted to know. Patience was one of his best weapons.

And if this failed, maybe Mihai would be a better source of information...

He watched Spyridon attentively as the Jinn pondered. He absolutely loved asking people questions that made them think. Their shifting expressions as the train of their thought rushed along... Fascinating. It was one of the things that made him happy. Somewhat pathetic, in a way - but he had learned to be easily pleased. It got him along.

Spyridon's words almost made him spit up his drink in surprise. That was a while... Quite a while of being, at best, 'content'. He cleared his throat.
"I see." He looked at Spyridon for a moment in silence, considering his next question. "And... What would you say was the thing that made you happy back then? I don't mean the particular circumstances, rather... How did you feel then, other than happy? Secure? Loved, maybe? In tune with yourself?"
He tried to sound interested, but not persistent. He didn't mean to step on any sensitive spots.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Height : 183 cm
Weight : 87 kg

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Richard-Wallace-278528217

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyridon Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 pm

His lips twitched into a frown. "I don't much appreciate the inquisition."

He rarely divulged personal information. He was surprised at himself for even revealing this much to the vampire. He wasn't much into sharing what he thought or felt. He didn't even share with Mihai unless he was in great emotional turmoil.

"I was last happy when I had a family that loved and cared for me. And then in the span of a year, one of my sisters died and the other left. My mother and father didn't much care for me and my brother cared more about what he was going to shove down my throat to torture me than my feelings."

The Jinn slumped in his chair. "Enough personal questions."

He ran his hand over his face, eyes squinting shut. He pushed his hair back with a heavy sigh. "They're making me remember."
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Too far? Too far.

"I'm sorry." he said simply.

He gave Spyridon a moment, looking away respectfully and letting his gaze slide around the kitchen. It was spacious, and he pictured it as it should be - warm, with three or four busy, ruddy-faced cooks, rushing around, smells of various meals being prepared filling the room. Full of life. As it was, it was a rather empty and depressing place to be. Sighing quietly, Richard lifted the cup and peered into it, then put it to his lips and finished off the drink.

He could only imagine how deeply Spyridon had been wounded to still be in pain after a hundred and forty years. Or perhaps the issues simply never have been resolved and ended up being preserved somewhere deep down. He didn't know.

"Would you care for a refill?" he asked as he glanced to the man again.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyridon Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 pm

He gave a quiet grunt to the apology, eyes sliding shut.

The Jinn concentrated on pushing his current thoughts and memories to the back of his mind. All the times Nate had tortured him after Raye left; all the times his mother and father turned a blind eye.

With a heavy sigh he pulled the tie out his his hair, brushed it out with his fingers and began braiding it again into a much more difficult style than the previous braid his hair was in. He could understand why Mihai loved styling peoples hair. It was calming and let him concentrate on something other than whatever was buzzing around in his head.

"Please."

His fingers worked deftly through the grey strands until he came to the end of his hair and once agan tied it off with the leather thong.
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Richard nodded, getting up from his seat with a slight smile. It seemed like Spyridon's hair wasn't only a nuisance. He took the man's and his own cup and turned to the counter to prepare another round. The teapot was a good one and held warmth well, and while the tea was a bit colder, luckily it would still do.

"So," he said as he filled the cups. "How do you feel about the school so far? Learn anything useful?"

Perhaps a change of subject to a less personal one would help. And he was genuinely curious - what would somebody with quite a bit of experience behind their belt think of the Academy? The teacher body... was dubious at best in the vampire's eyes, but he had no way to find out about the quality of the teaching other than through asking the students. Also, he found it a bit odd that some of the students were older than the teachers... but species matured at different rates, he supposed. And some people never grow up... He sighed and plucked another two mint leaves to drop them into the cups, then returned to the table and put the hot-but-not-steaming drink in front of the Jinn.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyridon Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

"It's different to anything I've experienced before," he responded. The village had a great number of different species inhabiting it but it just couldn't compare to the sheer amount of weird and wonderful people here.

But was it all that different from other schools? He couldn't answer that.

This was his first time in formal education. Being in a school and rooming with students like this was something he had never done before. It was an odd experience but he was coping so far.

"I've learned that when Cheetah's offer you information you're better to ignore the offer and find the information yourself; even if it does take a longer time." That was definitely a mistake he wasn't going to make again.
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 pm

He sat down again and wrapped his hands around his cup as he nodded thoughtfully. "Different. But is it good or bad?"
It could be either, or neither. Taking into consideration how passionless the Jinn was, Richard wouldn't be surprised if he didn't feel strongly about the subject.

It was sad, really. Spyridon acted much older than he looked - and not in a good way.

Richard trained his gaze on the other for a moment as he tried to figure out if what he had just said was serious. Spyridon didn't seem the type to joke around in that way, and the counselor did seem to recall there being some cheetah student around... Still, the rather absurdly-sounding sentence made him grunt in amusement over the rim of his cup as he took a sip.

"That tidbit of wisdom has tons of real-life applications for sure."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyridon Tue May 08, 2012 5:28 am

"I have mixed feelings." Yes, being in a school was a new experience and he liked new experiences. They taught him things; mostly good things.

But he didn't like sharing rooms. What he did in the privacy of his room wasn't something he would like others looking in on. With someone else sharing his room, he would get that problem a lot. Or he'd just banish himself from his own room and find somewhere more private.

"You may laugh but with one word you would understand why that sentence is probably one of the most useful things I have learned." His lips pulled into a half-smile to show no foul. As surprising as it was for some, Spyridon could take a laugh and joke at his expense. He wasn't a stone cold statue that would crack at the first sign of mirth. He actually had a sense of humour; it was just a little dryer than most.
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm

The Jinn was pleasant company; he might not have been the liveliest, but his stoicism was refreshing after all the intense emotions the counselor had witnessed in others at the school. But his sparse answers fueled Richard's curiosity, and he found himself wanting to dig deeper - but at the same time worried about pushing too far like moments before. He didn't want to pester his new acquaintance too much.

So in the end, he classified the subject of 'mixed feelings' as too risky and decided to move on.
Besides... the mysterious cheetah seemed more intriguing.

"One word, you say?" he said in a serious tone, though his eyes betrayed his amusement. "Care to share? Perhaps someday I would benefit from that knowledge as well." He glanced pointedly to Spyridon's cup. "I'd say you owe me that much for the drink, at least."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyridon Tue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

"Ndale." That was all the explanation he needed to give.

Ndale was a boy that would attempt to manipulate anyone if he was bored enough. He had a dangerous personality that Spyridon didn't like. It was far too similar to his brothers. But he knew how to subdue his brother. He wasn't going to even attempt with the Cheetah. He wanted to keep as far away from him as possible.

He lifted his cup to his lips and leaned back against the chair and letting his eyes slide shut.
Spyridon
Spyridon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

Half-expecting Spyridon to elaborate, Richard watched him while finishing off the drink. The second round ended up being smaller than the first - sadly, he wasn't initially planning on serving for two.

Still, he was glad, even if there was less for himself in the end.

Apparently, when the Jinn said 'one word', he really meant it. Richard smiled lopsidedly as he put down the cup on the table. Ndale... was definitely the name of the cheetah student. How was that supposed to explain everything, though, he wasn't sure.
"I will keep your warning in mind." he said, inclining his head. "Thank you. And thank you for keeping me company. Now, however, I feel I should be getting back to my office... for all that I know, there could be somebody clawing at my door in between sobs."
He spoke as seriously as if it were a real possibility; too seriously to not be joking. Although... with what he had already witnessed at this place, he wouldn't be very surprised if it happened. With a light chuckle, Richard stood up and walked to the counter to put away the remaining ingredients and place the dishes in the sink. He wouldn't stoop as low as washing them, of course - that was somebody else's job.

"It was a pleasure to meet you." he said as he turned around to face Spyridon again. "I hope you do manage to catch some sleep, as unlikely as that might be."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2