The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

The Last Book

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Last Book - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Book

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

yuuki found that she was panting, and she reached up to push away her bangs, which hung lazily in her face and clung to the little bit of perspiration there.
she looked away, embarrassed.

"you...you weren't mean to see that...I'm sorry...," she wasn't even sure if she meant Ketsuta's death, or Zigg, who was still fairly uncomfortable as he stayed there at the edge of her mind, listening to the conversation. he wasn't happy about being seen, but that hadn't been why he was angry earlier. he'd been angry because yuuki had been in pain...and because he was more at fault then Tony, and DEFINITELY more at fault than yuuki herself.

Yuuki's eyes held a soft tint of purple as she tried to soothe him, but he kept turning away, and pulling back in on himself in sullen silence
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Seeing Yuuki's current state, Tony felt awful to have put her through it all, just to sate his selfish, indulgent desires. There was indeed a reason why curiosity killed the cat, yet he'd somehow thought that it'd be worth the risk. Wouldn't it? The scenes continued to play on his mind like a spinning record, scenes that would surely continue to baffle him for the weeks to come. Wasn't that what he wanted? That sweet, comfortable feeling of perplexity?

It was anything but sweet and comfortable though. What confused him most were those emotions - what were they? And why did they feel so... so...

His attention returned to Yuuki, his smile apologetic. "No, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that. I... I couldn't help myself. I couldn't stop it." How shameful, how could he be possibly expected to hold a position of authority like this?

The pause he took lasted little more than a few seconds. "But... dear girl, whatever happened there?" His gaze was notably worried.
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Height : 114 cm
Weight : 2 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Tony-Sharp-281360919

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Yuuki turned her gaze back to Tony, her hair hanging in front of her face, and for the first time since she'd came to the academy, she looked like she had when she'd been back at the institute. her eyes held a kind of withdrawn look, like she was trying to shield her eyes and her emotions from the world. it was that look that she had, with her hair obscuring her face, that she'd given to basically everyone until she'd come to the school.

she thought she'd wanted him to know. and she had. but she'd also relived it herself--she'd almost forgotten what they'd done to her, and to the dragons, and her family. after a few seconds of silence, she finally asked: "which part?" her voice was perfectly calm.

there was so much that he'd seen that would lead to confusion: the scientists locking the dragons away, ketsuta's death, zigg...she didn't feel like clarifying what he didn't ask for.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:22 pm

His fingers knotting anxiously around theirselves, the plantperson was anxious to speak to Yuuki. She didn't appear to be angry at him, but it was no reason to take his own recklessness lightly. However, the way she seemed to hide from him was unnerving... His mouth twisted wryly in thought. Maybe it was worse than he thought it was.

At her strangely calm question, Tony was moments from pinpointing just everything that he wanted clarification on, but managed to stop himself, shaking his head. "Nevermind..." No more questions. It was, quite frankly, none of his business in the first place, and he didn't want to make anything worse than it already was. It was that scene with Ketsuta fading that had brought about a dose of madness anyway.

Instead, he sought to ask another question that played deeply on his mind. His worried look didn't fade. "Why did you let me do that?" He looked away guiltily. "It was all so very personal... I had not intended..."
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:29 pm

yuuki sat there for a moment again, but now her eyes seemed to scan Tony Sharp's face, as though she were looking for something. he was right about one thing: it had been personal, more so than she'd thought. she already knew how the death effected her, which was why he wasn't supposed to see it, but the rest...

she'd had no idea that it would hit her so strongly, and remind her of her past. those...people, if you could call them that...had done to ketsuta just what they'd done to yuuki. they were more similar than she'd ever thought possible.

finally, she spoke: "you heard what Ketsuta said: don't let my life disappear from history. you're the librarian. i was fufilling her wish." she stood then, her face still blank, and turned as though to leave, considering his questions answered
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

It was the pause that uneased him more than anything - and he desperately hated feeling such unease, especially in front of a student. But he tried not to show it on his face, trying to keep it as calm and as dignified as he usually was. But he couldn't. Not yet.

At her question, he blinked away sadly. Of course, he wouldn't forget. He couldn't forget. Every memory of his was retained as vivid and as lively as when he'd first experienced it. But as she turned to leave, he looked to her in alarm. She couldn't leave now, not yet!

"W-wait! Miss! I have one final thing to request of you!" Sliding down from the stack of books he'd previously made, he hurried closer towards her, bowing one again. "It would be ungracious of me to have you sacrifice so much and receive nothing in return. Is there anything that I could possibly do for you? To return the debt?"
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Yuuki paused and turned back, her wings shifting again against her back. she blinked, a bit surprised by his sudden offer. debt? no one had ever offered to return a debt to her before. Yuuki gave a little shake of her head.

"i only came here for a book--i don't really need anything else." she'd never needed anything else---she'd lived on the run for years. just a simple safe place to sleep and eat, and access to a good library, and to be able to play her violin--that was all she'd ever needed. she shook her head again.

"I've never needed anything else..." she finished, her voice quiet. it was strange to have such an offer, and having no way to fullfill it. she supposed she could tell him that the fact that he knew about ketsuta was enough, but no, that would not make him feel better, and she wasn't even entirely sure if it was all that satisfying to herself either. honestly, it had been more to repay the debt to ketsuta, really. it had done little more for herself than to lift that burden.

you know that's not the full story
yes, it is, she replied firmly, though there'd been truth to his words.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:44 pm

He'd half expected it, but it didn't stop Tony from being hopelessly disappointed when Yuuki refused his offer. What else could he do? He hated that burden of debt. Yuuki didn't realise how much she'd helped him, and he couldn't allow her to leave without at least doing something for her in return. Oh, if only he knew what she desired!

Turning around, he went to pick a random bundle of books in his arms, before carrying it over towards Yuuki, holding it up in offering. "You came for a book? Take as many as you want! There are plenty books here...! I..." He lowered his arms. "I simply insist... I'd feel absolutely terrible if you departed without a chance for me to make it up for you. It would only be... completely fair. Wouldn't it?"

He looked up to her, his yellow eyes wide and pleading.
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Yuuki accepted the bundle of books from the plantperson, carefully shifting their weight to make them easier to carry.

"i have a feeling i will be curled up to read a lot this week--I've been needing to do that," she said, with a rueful smile. her eyes shifted again, to look off to the side for a moment, before finally coming back to refocus on the librarian.

"maybe if i think of something...i'll let you know.." her voice was quiet, and a little unsure again. the idea of accepting something from someone else still sounded so strange. but maybe, just maybe, she could think of something to ask of him. maybe...

she gave a little bob of her head, as though finally deciding to stick with that statement
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 am

He was relieved that she at least took the books, even if some were not what she was looking for. But still, he looked up in anticipation, still eager for her request.

Tilting his head with a small, sympathetic smile, he tried not to be disappointed, focusing on the fact that she maybe would come up with something; just not now. "P-please let me know as soon as possible!" His fingers entwined anxiously. "You might see it trivial but... you have helped me more than you could understand."

With another bow of his head, he gave a glance back at the heap of books he'd left, sighing to himself at the thought of cleaning it all up. Somebody had to do it, after all.
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 pm

yuuki nodded.
"i will, i promise."
she had an odd urge to leap out a window and spread her wings, but she doubted that would work with a stack of books in her arms. with an inward chuckle at the thought, she turned and slipped out of the library to leave Mr. Sharp to his work.

((pfft--short)
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sharp Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Keeping his yellow gaze focused on the girl until the moment she left, he found himself standing stone still for a few moments, his brain still processing the whole scene. Well, this afternoon had certainly turned out more eventful than he'd expected.

He would've been bitter about the lack of books to read, but there was still all this new knowledge playing on his mind. It would occupy him, for now - until he grew bored of it and his mind would start craving more of it.

With a slight sigh, he turned his attention towards the scattered books, and began to gently reorganise them into their according shelves.
Tony Sharp
Tony Sharp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2