The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

!! Try to Understand

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

!! Try to Understand Empty !! Try to Understand

Post  Kale Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

(( After http://www.lillegardisland.com/t670-la-mort-d-everly#14208 ))

It was eerily silent today, as if the world had witnessed and held a baited breath. Time was ticking, she thought, it must. And the hallway was lit with a new light as she walked. It was less hostile. It was eager.

Lips curled upwards in a smirk. Everly was gone, and her spirit was lifted. It was the final victory she held over the other woman's head, a perfect win. It was these thoughts that had been easing the smart of her cuts. She had wasted only the time to properly clean and bandage her upper left and and the wrist of her corresponding wing, what had taken the most damage from the shattered window that had been to that side. Her feathers and wraps were already starting to stain red, but she would not let it bother her. A pouch hanging off an added belt at her hips held more bandages and antibiotic ointment should she need, but more importantly her bargaining chip nestled safely in between. She had examined the rock thing obtained from the robot carefully to no satisfactory ends but it mattered little at this point.

Everly was done. Od was gone. Her sweet Valentin, sent away. ...Richard, departed. Everything was falling directly in to place. And now...for the one piece on her chessboard that had never wanted to cooperate.

Kale stood before Rendaz's door. Giving it a once over, she stepped up and knocked solidly so as to be heard. He wondered if he would open up, because it didn't seem all that likely.

"Rendaz, how long do you plan to hide away? Whatever you're doing, trust me, you want to talk to me right now." Her tone was a mix of superiority and exasperation. She then hesitated before adopting a more serious tone, as if all things inspiring her air for the previous speech were set aside for a moment. "It's important, or you know I would not come."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

!! Try to Understand Empty Re: !! Try to Understand

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 pm

It had been a long time since any desperate soul had attempted to knock on his door. If they had, he'd ignored it, or he'd barely noticed it at all. There was certainly no matter of great importance to attend to, and nothing that his little obedient machine couldn't deal with. 3 months passed. They skimmed by, it seemed.

As knuckles rapped against the metallic door, he raised his head, glaring towards where the sweet, familiar voice came from.
Her.
With some snivelling, scrawny student, he could easily dismiss them as null. But with this particular witch, it was entirely different. Certain matters were... unresolved.

He did not answer her call.
Instead, he stood from the stool, strolling slowly towards the door, before sliding open a small peephole, scowling down at the lady with a red, disgruntled gaze that could be seen from the other side. His eye skimmed over her, entirely mistrustful of any sort of apparent innocence in her intent. Such vague words, surely she did not think that he'd be swayed so easily?
He said nothing, he simply stared expectantly, awaiting elaboration.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 pm

She waited. Honestly, she didn't know what to expect from this, and that was often the problem. She didn't know what to expect from Rendaz. Her gaze had wandered down the hall, just to check to see if anyone was about that maybe even she wouldn't hear, and she had just long enough to determine that the corridor was empty when the sudden slid of the peephole had her turning her head back. When all she was greeted with were the piercing red eyes, she frowned almost in pout.

"Well...Hello there to you too, Mr. Sunshine." The woman hesitated as if to see if he would return a greeting, but quickly figured that he probably wouldn't. She raised a hand to put in his view her hand holding up one finger. "Everly, Od, your stupid robot, and a proposition." She raised another finger to join with each new subject she would cover. The harpy then raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, for she would not speak unless she was given a proper audience. "Now, are you going to let me in or are we to be uncivil and speak through a door? You want to hear this, trust me."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 am

The little 'joke' of hers didn't sprout a single smirk, all he did was listen as she gave the very brief explanation. Although each subject did interest him slightly, with the mention of the 'stupid robot' causing him to squint, it was ultimately the last one that snagged it completely. A proposition. And what could she possibly offer...?

He blinked, staring for but a moment more before clearing his throat. "But... of course." His voice was rough and dry, the sort of noise of someone who had not spoken for a long time.
The peephole was shut with a small 'clink', before the noise of straining, shifting mechanisms resonated from within the door. With a groan, it cracked open, revealing the sneering face of Rendaz himself.

Those old, blue, rugged shorts were the only clothing on him, coupled with a leather belt of various working tools. Evidently, he had changed since the last time they'd met. For a start, he'd grown thin - perhaps not to a scrawny degree, but the difference was noticeable. The lines of bones could be seen protruding from beneath his skin. In some small patches, his scales had lost some of their orangeish hue, turning grey and cracked. However, despite his weary visage, his gaze was apt and focused on the harpy girl, his head inclined in an almost polite manner.

He pulled the door open wider to its full extent, sliding out of the way to allow her entrance into the dark room. His appearance was not the only thing to have changed either, it seemed.
The stench of smoke mingled with coffee was as powerful as ever, with wisps escaping out near the ceiling of the opened door. The ruckarl's room had always been a mess of scrap material, unfinished projects, dangerous pointy objects, but the room as now as crowded as ever. Metallic boxes lined the walls and the floor, piling up as high as the ceiling, a crooked and unsorted mess. Some were lined with sharp, jagged objects, sellotaped with knives, some were adjusted with appliances, and some had thin appendages that resembled spider's legs. Some of the metallic chambers were wide open, revealing a mass of wires and mechanical implements. The room itself seemed to be a mass grave to house all of these unfortunate Frankensteinian creations.
There was but one route through it - a single, thin path that cut through the centre of the room, the only single bit that was clear of all the clutter. At the end, near the boarded up windows windows sat a stool - short enough so that one would have to squat to sit on it - and some unfinished project on the floor.

He smiled.
"Please, take a seat."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am

Her eye had narrowed slightly at the sound of his voice, a suspicion that wasn't so uncommon around the ruckarl settling once again in her chest. When he was visible completely to her, the woman's attention immediately noticed his body. As a biologist, keen in anatomy and physiology, his state of being was...worrisome considering what he had been before. Her eye was a little critical, and she wanted to ask when the last time he ate was, but she wasn't really here to care for him. Not yet.

And so, her attention had drifted to the room into which she was entering, and nearly wished she wasn't now. The smell was...well, he had obviously been in here a long time, and had apparently no desire to do anything but work. Sleep didn't seem an option, for there was no where to even do so should it be wanted. A glance was cast over the wall of uncompleted mechanics. The boxes and spider legs reminded her vaguely of the robot that she had ripped apart, and perhaps these were its predecessors, the failures before the success. In any case, none seemed in pristine working condition, to say the least. Hesitantly, Kale stepped in to the room.

Her wings were folded in as closely as they could, she did not wish to snag them on any of the mechanics especially with her left already slightly worse for wear, and she started to cautiously venture further in. Turning her head, she kept Rendaz in sight. He was being a little too nice for comfort.

"Please, I do not wish to displace you. The last I want is to be an inconvenience just yet." Reluctantly, she pulled her gaze away to more obviously look around. "It seems you've been busy." Taking a few more steps, she looked at the pieces a bit more closely, hands clasped behind her back as a show of distinctly not touching anything. "Would you mind me asking what you have been working on in here so secretively?" She cast him a quick glance again, and did seem genuinely curious. She had learned little from Valentin, and he had not been the best at explaining, but the subject of mechanics was within her fascination. "Or, would you prefer me to just get straight to business?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:13 am

Rendaz kept his head bowed, watching the harpy warily as she stepped within the room. Certainly, it had been a while since anyone ever did... As soon as she was inside, he heaved the door close, tightening the hatch. With a few twists and clicks, it was effectively locked.

He glanced backwards over his shoulder at the harpy, wondering if she'd settled herself within the room. Heh. No. There wasn't a whole lot that he could do to welcome his guest; on the contrary, there was little that he would've wanted to do anyway. She was bringing news. He wanted to hear it, not dither around with meaningless pleasantries.

"Ah, this?" With a chuckle, he reached to tap upon a nearby box, the thud of which echoed within the hollow chamber. "Surely..." His chuckle died down to be replaced with a vaguely grim look. "Surely, you're already familiar with it."
His gaze turned into a light, curious one. "I'd rather that we just went ahead with whatever is so pressing for you to be here." He leant back against the cold door, folding his arms against his chest, claws tapping against his elbows.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 am

The clicks of the locks was unsettling, and Kale did her best to not seem unnerved. She did not particularly like being so firmly trapped within so tight a space with the other. Watching the hand tap the box, the shadow of an amused, nearly ironically fond smile quirked just the corner of her lips.

"Am I?" It was said noncommittally, and she seemed to leave the topic at that. Straightening her posture, Kale turned her complete attention on the other with a nod. "Well, where to start, then..." She hummed and thought but a brief moment before starting again. "I guess I shall ask to get everything out of the way without interruption first...then, I'll answer questions. Bear with me, there's quite a bit to cover..."

"The clock tower fell into the library. The floor of my room gave way and the entirety of the insides came down." Kale began, tilting her head conversationally. "Od declared that at the time, Everly seemed to be in something of a rather restless sleep. Luckily I wasn't in my quarters at the time, but I sincerely question why it happened..." The harpy wondered if the other would come to the same conclusion she had about her being targeted by the late headmistress. "You can probably understand my anger at the entire situation, and already know my less-than-friendly terms with Mme Lillegard. However...Od. See, he came to me a bit ago with news and a deal."

Kale shifted her weight.

"Od has left the island, has long since made the coast and has had at least a day or two headway of travel. And Everly...sadly," The word was said a bit offhand, and she turned a palm through the air in gesture. "passed away about...oh, an hour ago. I was the only witness...but I can regrettably assure you that she is no longer with us." A sharp smirked had passed over her lips, but it was gone just as quickly as if it had never happened. "To add to it all...Richard Wallace has also taken leave of the school." Ironically, she thought perhaps she had a hand in that as well. The harpy paused a beat.

"I have not been idle. And now, it's just you and me." Kale smiled pleasantly. "Questions?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 am

Rendaz listened, his expression of vague interest, staring attentively as the harpy explained on. He didn't show much of a reaction, other than the occasional smirk, inclining his head slightly.

So. It was just them. A harsh, quiet chuckle escaped him, and he shook his head. How quickly the numbers had declined! And yet, he found it hard to blame those who fled by choice. There was little reason for wanting to stay here - it was simply a mere necessity for most. Od - the fool - how he'd ever came to trust him at some point, he simply did not know. "Well," he breathed, twirling the smoke in the air with his index finger. "A lot happens when ones back is turned, ey?" He frowned - a half-hearted attempt to look even the slightest part remorseful. "How sad."

"I do wonder, however..."
He took a step forwards, his claws clicking against the floor. "If you intend to become the next witness to my own unfortunate demise. To become sadly overburdened by the weight of responsibility, to be forced to take control and save this place from ruin." He tutted lightly. "A tragedy..."

Stopping, he craned his neck forwards, peering curiously at the other dean. "My question is, what are you here for?"

Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Idly, the smoke was observed as it twirled upwards, mirrored by the curls of the woman's lips.

"Yes. Sad." Her agreement did not even try to have any emotion behind it. Ebony gaze turned back on Rendaz as the man moved closer, a delicate eyebrow raising in question. She did not back away or down, merely lifted her chin in amusement. With a little secretive note to her smile, she stepped towards him as a little challenge.

"Mais non, Monsieur, I could not intend that." She tsked back, as if upset that he would think so ill of her. "For you see, Od made a deal with me that when I set my plans into motion, he would not hinder me in any way should I spare but two people. Well, he is gone to hold his end of the bargain and I am left bound by honor to leave you living unless in self-defense." Her head tilted slightly, some amusement gone, and looked over him a bit more seriously.

"It has given me the time, though, to realize that I don't want to get rid of you. Can I not simply be here because I missed you?" And her amusement was back as she opened her arms in a mostly playful show of offering or requesting a hug. "I prefer even you to that robot. Did you know that you programmed it to have the audacity to call me a bitch? On repeat? Ha. The nerve."

She wanted to appeal to Rendaz. Hopefully, letting him know that she had no intentions against his life and joking about something she suspected he would find funny would be a good start. That...and she had to bring up the robot somehow...
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 pm

As Kale spoke of Od's deal, a snort erupted from his nostrils. Had that ridiculous raptor thought him incapable of saving his own skin? Once before, he'd managed to incapacitate him - an event that he'd sworn would never happen again. The whole thing was both oddly endearing and inordinately offensive.

Holding his ground as she approached him slightly, he couldn't help but give a light scoff as she opened her arms. The disgruntled face he made effectively served as a flat refusal for such an intimate gesture. "Missed me? I was here the whole time, sweetheart. You could've came to see me." He smirked slightly, throwing her a mock-pitiful look. "I was dyin'."

There was no such desire to be friendly at all with the woman, but if it was what she gave him, he would very well do the same in return. Well, to a degree. "Oh really?" he said, looking quite genuinely curious. "I only programmed it to follow completely infallible logic."

Truth to be told, her close proximity was still unsettling, considering what had happened the other time that he was within distance of her. But he knew without a doubt that taking him down would not be as easy as the other time. This was his territory. "And what of that robot, anyway? MOXI, was it?" He squinted at her. "Has she entertained you?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Well, she hadn't really expected the embrace to be accepted. In fact, now she thought about it, the situation had it been preformed would have been entirely awkward probably for both parties. And not in a good way. She dropped her arms and shrugged.

"I didn't think you wanted me to visit. I'll make a point of it now, though, whenever I get particularly lonely and need someone to talk to who actually uses the brain in their head." Kale chuckled and then, upon the statement made by Rendaz on the robot's programming, she stopped and stared a bit blankly. "Oh." Huh. Was she a bitch then? Ebony glanced the side a moment in thought before she huffed and flipped her hand to toss some hair from her face, shifting her weight and angling one hip out. "Well...okay fine, then. Granted." She kept her gaze from him for a moment as if embarrassed by this, but it wasn't really something all that new to her. She had just figured Rendaz had programmed it in himself. Well, but...the robot did actually have reason to deduce that fact, she figured. Especially being that its torn-open body now stood in her office.

A little reluctantly, her gaze moved back to the other Dean's eyes.

"Ah...yes. I regret to say I didn't get to learn its name, but...she?...was wonderful entertainment, yes." Her tone was hesitant, though light. "About her, though, actually. She may have...caught me at a bad time." Her smile was already somewhat apologetic, though too amused to be truly so. The harpy didn't regret it. "That being said-"

Kale flipped her hand in the air and turned to take a few steps away from Rendaz down the path towards the seat.

"I would like to move on to my proposal. Before I do so, though, I would like to prove my sincere intentions if you'd let me." She turned sharply again to give the other a serious look. "Will you hear me?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:53 pm

As the woman lowered her arms, Rendaz's expression did not shift from his vaguely intrigued squint. His eyes lightly rolled at her remark - as if simply not wanting someone to visit would be enough to stop them from doing so. But he digressed, and continued to listen as she rattled on, mildly surprised as she seemed to accept his delicately laced insult.

"Ah, so I have a choice in this matter?" His dry smirk lasted little more than a second before he continued. "I've heard you out so far, I've no reason to stop you now. But..." He trailed off, tapping his claws against his chin as he pretended to think.

"But you also must tell me what you meant by... 'catching you at a bad time.'" He couldn't help but notice that she'd skirted around the issue. His brow quirked curiously, and his expression was kept forcibly neutral. "Whatever happened? Where is she now?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Her face remained unchanged. A little too much so to be natural, perhaps. There was no good way to tell him.

"You'll have three choices actually. As for the robot, she brought me tea while I was picking up the remains of my room. I was angry, understandably, and we had a small conversation. It ended badly. She's in my office, now." One pale shoulder bobbed in a shrug. "Most of her. She's slightly damaged, but I was very careful to pick up all the pieces asides a few scraps or wires I may have missed. I figured you would want her back." Her tone was more carefully constructed, posture to the full of her petite height in unapologetic self-assurance, just soft enough to be gently regretful at the situation even if not at her actions. "Whenever you want to pick her up, however the outcome of this meeting, I will not object in any manner. I will not insult either of us by saying I didn't intend to injure her, but I will honestly say that I don't intend to use her to make the rift between us any larger than it already is. On the contrary, she has peaked my interest in you..."

As she had said that last part, her hand has slipped into the pouch at her side and she took a few more steps away from Rendaz. Searching between the extra bandages and antibiotic ointment, her fingers brushed against the strange stone she had pulled from M.O.X.I. When she withdrew it, it was wrapped loosely in a white cloth that dimmed its green glow only slightly. Kale held it up with one hand, wrist bent so it rested on the palm of her hand, fingers cradling it gently.

"Which is really why I'm here."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm

It ended badly... Considering what he knew of Kale, it didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened, which was then confirmed by her latter words. In fact, it was one of the revelations that he had been anticipating, and now that he knew.... Well, it was all just making too much sense now.

He remained silent, a smirk twitching at the edge of his lips as she set about removing something from her pouch. Only that when his eyes met the green glow from beneath the cloth, his expression dropped entirely, to be replaced by a vaguely grim and morose face.

Yes. It was all quite clear.

"So... It seems you've found it fit to tear apart one of the castle staff..." He was no longer looking at Kale, his eyes were firmly locked on the glowing object in her hand. "Why have you brought this to me?" A look of uncertainty crossed his eyes. "Do you even know what it is?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Critical ebony observed the visual reactions.

"I did. Apparently." Delicately, her other hand came up to gently and carefully unwrap the stone, revealing it unobstructed, as if to prove it's entirety and uninjured state. "I do not know what it is. I have an idea, but I cannot be certain." Kale hummed and lightly traced a finger over the rock's surface delicately, as if a caress. Turning it to cup in both hands, she brought it a bit closer to her chest to hold more securely like she might an egg.

"I know it powered your robot, I know...it...feared. Or, I did, or...some strange feeling was associated with it, or because of it. I figure it's not something that's common, meaning it's rarity would increase it's value. And I know that you choose it to put it in your replacement as you hid away in here. I can only assume that it has great import." She paused and looked at Rendaz for a long moment decidedly and serious.

"And so, I have brought this to return it to you." Her hands extended out a bit in offering, but not far enough that Rendaz wouldn't have to come closer himself to retrieve it. "Unless you want me to keep it. It's yours. Your decision."

"But, I want you to work with me, in any case. Join me."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 am

As a finger passed over the stone, Rendaz could feel a shiver crawl up his spine. He tensed up, his fingers twitching as they curled. The worst part was that he could do nothing about it, as he gazed rigidly at the glowing rock in her clutch. There were things she knew about that stone that were meant to secret. He figured that such an event would come to pass anyway. But simply knowing its existence was too much knowledge already.

His eyes narrowed onto the stone as it was offered. Was this genuine? His eyes flicked briefly towards the windows. Boarded. A hand felt against the door behind him. Locked. Without removing his gaze, his fingers slowly started to slide towards his leather belt. The movement was disguised as nothing more than a casual repositioning of his hand onto his hip. Fingers sifted through the tools on his belt. Screwdriver… Nah. Nails… Well, it certainly could revive some nostalgic memories, but it didn’t suit the purpose. Eventually, his claws curled around a spanner. He twisted his side towards the harpy, intending to hide his chosen tool partly behind his back.

“Join you?” he echoed, his smirk reappearing. “Your proposition is certainly flattering, but whyever would you need my help?”
His free hand extended towards the harpy’s.
“Give it here.”

Though on the outside, he seemed entirely pleasant, Kale would be able to sense another emotion rising from the stone. It was not fear this time. It was fierce, unmitigated loathing.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Perfectly still, she stayed, paranoid enough herself to get something of an understanding of what Rendaz might be feeling. If this thing were truly as precious as she thought it had the potential to be, then he would certain be on edge, though he seemed still perfectly fine...

The harpy took a step forward before her arms started to prickle. Faltering slightly in stride, her eye widened and looked down sharply to the stone as her wings bristled, feathers unsettled slightly. Such a strong feeling from such a little thing. It...it was a little startling. But, the feeling wasn't at all foreign like the last it had shown her. No, this was something she was familiar with and it made her smile.

Lips pulled back, near fondly at first, before fully forming a genuinely happy grin accompanied by a small little giggle at her own private joke with the glowing green rock. It settled back down, but the upward curve of the corners would not be defeated. Her continued walk forward was more confident, more purposeful.

"Have you ever played chess, Rendaz?" Reaching her own cupped hands, she gently lowered them to touch Rendaz's palm before opening them out to let the stone slip to his skin. "Everyone is a piece. You're the king, or at least, I intend you to be if you'll allow that. I don't want to be as soft as Everly or as passive as Od. I have big plans, extreme changes, and I think our minds are just similar enough to work a fair bit better together than with the others before. What do you say, Rendaz? Can you tolerate me enough to let me make you as rich and powerful as quickly as I can?" A smirk played on her face as an eyebrow raised. "Given my determination and the extent of my plans I am now fully willing to share with you in their entirety?
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 pm

His squinted eyes skimmed over her as he carefully observed her every movement, her every reaction to the stone in her palm. And what was it she saw so amusing anyway? He didn't question it, and gave nothing more than an obligatory nod as he accepted the stone from her. An add warmth radiated from it as he clenched it in his hand, which would tighten in a blatant refusal of ever letting it see light again.

"I'm familiar with it," he said, before quieting to hear the rest of what she had to say, stroking the hidden spanner in his other hand gently with his thumb.

"You speak of high promises..." He lingered on the thought for a moment more. "Pray tell me, what makes you think that I am as gullible as them? You've done naught but destroy my robot, and now you preach to me with some far-fetched proposition." His arm tensed and the spanner shook slightly in his grasp. "I will make no agreement until I hear exactly what this 'plan' is, and exactly what you're expecting me to do."

His scowl was firm and expectant.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Not a single change happened upon her expression as she stared at him.

"If I thought you as dull as the others, I would not even be here in the first place to make such an offer." Her head tilted down the slightest and eyebrow rose. "Even if you may not see it as such, it's a compliment in a way that I want you, isn't it?"

A small smirk curled the corner of her lips and she turned to face inwards down the path to the stool. It was with more outward ease than inward that she let him see her back, but the key was to be confident and start...trusting him. Or at least appearing it to some degree, though she knew she wouldn't fool him. They were both on guard, and neither would expect anything else.

"Come sit with me then, Rendaz. We’ll have an enlightening conversation for both of us and you may ask all the questions you feel the least inclined towards.” And she would continue in towards the stool if he let her, to seat herself in as small a manner as she could on the floor near it, leaving the wood furniture open for him. She’d let him have the higher seat this time. She’d have her time.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 pm

A compliment? The ruckarl's sneer grew openly loathsome. He didn't know what was more repulsive - the compliment itself, or the notion that Kale thought it would sway his decision.

But he stayed silent, and merely watched carefully as her back was turned. The glowing stone was slipped into his pocket to free up a hand. His gaze was completely focused and alert, absorbing every word that left her lips. Slowly, but surely, a small grin started to pull at his lips, and he shook his head. "I have a better idea, sweetie."

Before she could continue towards the stool, he lunged forwards to latch onto her shoulder with one claw. His spanner was thrust forwards, aiming to hook around her neck and yank her towards him in a chokehold. His voice was harsh and breathy as he hissed into her ear.

"Let's play by my rules, Kale. I'll do the talking, and if you feed me one more lie, so help me I'll snap your neck in an instant." He sneered coldly. "Got it?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Despite having considered such a dastardly and hostile act, and having chosen to turn her back, a surprised screech still tipped from her throat as her shoulder was caught. In reaction to the pull, wings had snapped out, only to hit either side of the small isle. The jolt sent shots of pain back to her second set of shoulders, the punctures in her wing smarting, the air from her lungs turning into a sharper hiss. Her back bumped into his chest, light weight easily being yanked towards him.

Instinctively, she might have tried to twist away, but the spanner around her neck had tilted her direction of flight, chin lifted and hand coming up to grasp Rendaz's around the tool. As if that would ward off his attempts to press it any threateningly closer.

Kale sneered a scoff. Darned enclosed, limited spaces. Stupid, untrusting, untrustworthy lizard. She knew that she could do some damage, especially at such a close distance to his vitals, but she wondered if it would be enough to outright kill him before he snapped her neck. Which, she really didn't doubt he could. Or would. Giving an irritated, frustrated tsk, she uncomfortably settled back against the ruckarl's chest. And, spitefully, she hoped it would piss him off.

"I'm flattered you're so eager to hold me close for this entire conversation, Handsome. Though be careful, sometimes being so forceful is an unintentional turnoff." Her tone was dry, and she was trying to think of what could be done if everything went south for her from here. She grit her teeth a bit, body still understandably rigid. "Talk, then."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 pm

The attempt was successful. Kale was exactly where he wanted her: right under his thumb. Needless to say, however, the even closer contact between them didn't fail to make his lips curl with displeasure, but he added nothing more to the intimate gesture nor her rather grating remark.

"There are things you don't understand, Kale. Things beyond your control. Things beyond this... idea you seem to have." The details of this plan escaped him, but he was self-assured in the knowledge that he did not need them. Or, that they would invariably be some sort of elaborate lie anyway.

"I'll confess - have shown me something of great value. Without you, I'd never have had the pleasure of knowing how it felt to die." He chuckled humourlessly. "Or, better yet, the elation of having you rip out my guts before me. I surely couldn't allow my debt to remain unpaid, could I?"
He continued without pause. "You offer me power. But look at us now. I could kill you if I wanted. I could take over this useless castle, I could burn it down and leave everyone to rot. Who has the power now?" His smirk grew. "What could you possibly offer me that would bring me greater satisfaction than pure justice?"

The spanner remained firmly pressed against her neck.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

With an exasperated roll of her eyes and a huff, her posture sagged a little bit as if drained from the stupidity in his statement, neck still extended and height maintained by the spanner holding her place.

"I'm no fool, I know that. And, there are things you do not understand, Rendaz. Things beyond your control. Such is always the case for everyone. And while I am glad to have given you such knowledge, I would give you more still as apparently you're lacking in it." She would think over how he had gained such knowledge from her run-in with MOXI later. What could do such a thing, though the only thing particularly suspicious – or returned – to the professor had been the stone? For now, her head turned to catch his face as well as she could in her peripheral vision. "You're assuming that I could not kill you here if I wanted from this very position. All you have done is put us in an experimental situation where the victor is near impossible to determine because it is based upon too many unpredictable variables, unless we actually act it out. Now, I'm not particularly keen on the idea, because I'm still here for a reason for which I need both of us alive."

The woman huffed a bit impatiently. Honestly, she would simply bet that the winner of such a draw would be the one who acted first before the other had a chance. Unfortunately, acting first would ruin her plan.

"You're not seeing the potential this island has. I can use this place to our greatest benefit. Immediately, I can give you the power to enforce your justice here, give actual consequences. And for the long run, with the very aid from you that I am here to make a deal on, I could in the least guarantee you a comfortable life, with money and any materials you may need, a home set up however you like." The harpy shifted slightly, hand loosening from the one on his to trail fingertips lightly up his arm. If he simply bared it, she would let it trail all the way to his shoulder, turning as much as he would allow to see him better. They were in conversation, after all. "At most, if all ends how I intend it to and you wanted it...I could give you a throne."

Kale hesitated, and there was no trace of amusement or anything asides from blunt honesty in her features.

"And you know I will, because I also plan to get all of the above for myself. With, or without your help. I am merely offering that you join me in the spoils of war. Where...if you kill me now, all you will have is a rotting existence like you currently do. Are you happy in that life, Rendaz? Or is it that you really hate me so much as to deny yourself at chance at everything?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

The ruckarl, likewise, also seemed to grow increasingly irritated by the second. Both seemed to think the other was a complete fool, but Rendaz was confident in his own assertion. And, perhaps she could kill him. The thought didn't scare him at all - it's what he expected of the harpy anyway. Glowering as she slowly twisted into view, his expression was simply cold and unsympathetic.

"You think that you can smooth-talk your way into victory?" he sneered. "You think you can capture hearts with that flowery prose there? I'm sure it's worked mighty well for you in the past, but I ain't swayed. I've heard the stories of pretty women like you luring men to their demise. You're just the same."

His voice was rough and low as he hissed into her ear. "Do you know what I'm lacking, Kale? Evidence." He scowled. "So you tell me you can do all this stuff. You think that I can trust you. So? So where's the proof? Do you expect me to fall head over heels at the calling of this plan? I haven't seen you achieve anything more than becoming some headmistress to a bunch of misbehaving punks. I bet that's a real title of honour."

His hold softened slightly, the hand on her shoulder slowly sliding upwards to brush alongside her cheek. "I'm flattered you think my lifestyle is rotting, Kale. But I've already achieved."

A snide smirk developed on his spiteful sneer. For a moment, there was almost a glimpse of green in his eyes.

"I have an army. And what do you have?"

Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Quietly, she bared all the insults he gave both verbally and in air. Such a thing was hardly uncommon, and receiving such loathing from Rendaz was little different from anyone else. Uninterrupting, the harpy listened to all the ruckarl had to say. Her gaze had dropped somewhat as if just in thought, but as his hand brushed at her cheek, head tilted just the slightest with it, accepting. Ebony eye returned to his gaze.

An army?

She was still a moment quiet more.

"Knowledge, and a purpose." Her voice was set in low tones, challenging in its nonchalance. "I think an army rather pointless and lost without those." Kale hummed lightly. "There is much I could enlighten you to. And you've given yourself some evidence already. I can speak well and lure men to doom. You may not be swayed but it wont be you I'm targeting, is it? Unless your counting the average man as more intelligent that yourself and out of the reach of my persuasion... You've already partly admitted it. Even if it only increases your poor opinion of me, you know perfectly well I am capable of twisting minds."

Wings lowered slightly, falling to reset and support themselves against the built-up walls of the narrow pathway and floor.

"...You've made an army...you've made a robot army? ...How many?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down