The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Normally stealing is bad...

2 posters

Go down

Normally stealing is bad... Empty Normally stealing is bad...

Post  Zin Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Helloooo sexy, Zin thought to himself with a crooked smile.

It was not the grandest collection of books he had ever come across. Compared to the Grand Citadel Library, which was about as big as this island itself, the meager collection before him was an ant to a skyscraper. It was a little disappointing, but Zin paid little attention to the vague feeling of regret. Knowledge was knowledge. The where or how did not matter- a pilgrimage was a pilgrimage.

In fact, he paid little attention to anything in his immediate surroundings besides the bound paper and squiggly symbols. For the size and density of the library did not make it any less beautiful or enthralling. As a first date, despite her modesty, Zin was rather smitten with the place.

Zin's face hurt from smiling. He almost felt like laughing and whooping, except that it was a library, and people were supposed to be quiet in libraries. Normally Zin cared little for rules, but he did care to have access to the books here. Getting kicked out was not an option. So he settled for grinning manically at the encyclopedia in his hands.

“Well aren't you a beauty,” he crooned to the book, almost a little possessively. He inspected the covers and leafed through the worn pages. It only took looking a little skimming for the hook to settle even lower in his heart.

Normally, he wasn't one for kleptomaniac impulses. But books- well, they were books. And one book...the academy would never miss it. Gold, money, food...those could not have tempted him. But books? Now they were the sirens to his ship, the arrow to his cupid...the drug to his addiction.

He NEEDED this book. There was no way he was leaving without it. Zin looked around as nonchalantly as he could, trying to see if there was anyone about to witness his act of thievery. It was the first time since he had entered the library that he had actually looked around to see if anyone else was there.
Zin
Zin

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://philoscaelum.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Zin-358859546

Back to top Go down

Normally stealing is bad... Empty Re: Normally stealing is bad...

Post  Lunasola Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:56 am

The last few weeks had been eventful. More than eventful, he decreed. So eventful that he really just wanted nothing more than to bundle it up and shove it away, and pretend nothing happened. However, no amount of pretense would be able hide the truth.

For now, he tried to focus on other things. Something better. Something impressive. It was on this day that Lunasola had decided to venture to the library

He hadn’t visited this place often. As fascinating as reading could be, more often than not, it was a struggle to decipher all the weird, small symbols. Today, he was willing to put up with that struggle. He sat crouched in front of a low shelf, head crooked at an awkward angle as he read the titles, finger tracing across the spines of all the books til it finally landed on the ones he seeked. An Apprentice’s Handbook: How to Cast Spells. He added it to the small pile next to him – A History of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a particularly colourful book titled Make Your Own Magic, and somewhere sandwiched beneath them, Black Magic: Truth or Fiction? He needed everything he could get. Perhaps one day, he too could command a ball of flame to dance around his fingers, or create a snowy owl in the palm of his hands, or even, for once in his life, fly. There was an icy look of determination in his eyes as he stood again, hugging the books close to his chest.

He was about to head home to his dorm to study, except that there was an unfamiliar figure on the way there, who seemed to be looking at a book of his own. Lunasola could’ve chosen to go a different route… or he could choose to just stand here and stare at him. It was eventually the latter that he opted for, as he stood at the very edge of the bookcase, an ear and an eye peeping around the corner at him.

His hiding was anything but flawless, but he was too curious to notice.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Height : 127 cm
Weight : 20 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Lunie-at-AALC-257909643

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Beautiful beautiful beautiful...Zin flipped through the pages again, almost mesmerized. He almost wanted to sit down and read it from cover to cover, right here and now. There were diagrams of planes and boats from the many different human cultures, a gorgeous illustration of a reconstruction of a dinosaur skeleton...

Oh no. That particular entry had planted another seed of desire in his head. It had reminded him that there was one other book he needed. For a moment, he was unpleasantly surprised at himself. Surely stealing one book would be good...as a start. But it stood to reason that a Bestiary would be important to have in his possession as well. Afterall, he'd glimpsed so MANY strange creatures already within the castle... he'd feel helpless without learning more about them.

Zin brushed off the unease with a firm smile. He didn't have to STEAL the Bestiary as well. He'd simply check it out. He could decide if he liked it or not, and steal it later. And if he did it this way,
it would leave the librarians less likely to suspect him of stealing the TRUE treasure.

Gods he hoped this wasn't about to be the start of an illustrious book-thieving career. But...how could he say no? They were so beautiful...and under-appreciated. It was only right that he took it with him.

As he was about to slip the International Hemer's Encyclopedia, Fourth Edition, into his coat...he paused, taking one last look around just in case. And it was this last glance that made him pause. He had an audience.

Zin froze, eyes wide in panic, expression almost comical. It took him half a moment to snap out of it- he wasn't caught yet- and to work a friendly smile on his face. Hesitantly, the godfairy gave a small wave in form of greeting, his grip on the Encyclopedia tightening protectively.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

What was he doing anyway? It looked like he was just taking books from the shelves, not that there was anything wrong with it, but he seemed, almost... cautious. Lunasola smiled slightly. He must be new.

As the other boy's gaze met his, he immediately tensed, partly out of alarm, partly out of not knowing how he'd been discovered at all. The two stared at each other in some awkward showdown, until the other boy finally broke the stillness and waved towards him. He hesitated, before slowly removing his hand from his own books and waving in return.

He glanced to the door indecisively, before back at the stranger, and towards the door again. To flee or not to flee? His face screwed in contemplation, but, as usual, it was his curiosity that won over. He stepped forwards, cautiously at first, before picking up his picking up his pace to squint closely at the book he was moments from stashing away. "Inter... Interna...t..." He trailed off, unable to make out the rest of the words.
He peered up at the other, blinking curiously. He gestured towards the book with his eyes. "What's that for?"
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Relax, he ordered himself, forcibly letting his shoulders drop. The command was easier to follow when he realized the other student seemed as anxious as Zin felt. This struck Zin as odd. Afterall, this was Zin's first time stealing. What was the other's excuse? Curiosity made him focus harder on the strange creature's expression, who almost looked like he was planning to run when he glanced at the door.

A terrible moment followed that thought, encouraged by the adrenaline from his little thieving game. An instinct much older than Zin's modest 110 years told him that if this odd creature ran, it was his job to lunge after him. His heart skipped a beat, his calf muscles tensing. In the same heartbeat, Zin dismissed the instinct, pulling back. It had been a long time since godfairies actively hunted other creatures, but old habits died hard among an ancient race.

When the other student walked closer, the need to chase further died with each confident step. Now hints of embarrassment for his mental lapse remained. It wasn't as if Zin would have hurt the other, but he doubted tackling people to the ground without reason would earn him many friends. From what he'd read in books, human society wasn't terribly forgiving of things like that.

“International Hemer's Encyclopedia, Fourth Edition,” he clarified, expression softening with affection for the title. “Beautiful, isn't it? I'm going to read it cover to cover.” He hugged the encyclopedia to his chest, glancing down at the armload of books the other student gripped. Zin arched his eyebrows high, cocking his head as he scanned the titles. “Magic user, eh?” He grinned widely, teeth flashing white as he rambled on, nervous. “Maybe you could teach me a thing or two sometime. I'm not incredibly gifted with it myself.”
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:06 pm

The feluis was blissfully unaware of the other's mental dilemma, and simply gazed towards him with that clueless sort of stare. He nodded slowly as the title was read aloud, only vaguely grasping the whole 'Encyclopaedia' shebang. At the very least, he knew that it was a large book with lots of information - he'd once flicked through to view the pictures instead of actually reading it. His apparent attachment to the book was heart-warming, and Lunasola couldn't hide the tiny, amused smile that crept on his face.

However, his expression eventually dropped with shock at the latter question. His rational side immediately insisted that he should correct him - he didn't know any magic. At all. 'Teaching' him... well, it was completely outside the realm of possibility. Yet, it was his other side that grabbed his attention - the side that desperately longed to be respected and admired. This was it. The boy wanted to learn from him. He saw him as a higher-up. A teacher. He simply had to take that opportunity.

A large, proud, boastful smile eventually took over his face. He straightened his pose, puffing out his chest. "Yes! Yes, I do good magic!" His tail swung eagerly behind him. "I create fire out of thin air and I make things fly! I can teach you!"

It felt weird and wrong to lie.
But it felt so good.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 am

All of his misgivings towards the smaller creature lifted. Seduced by the promise of new knowledge, Zin broke out into a genuine smile, and almost jumped in the air, unable to contain himself. “That's fantastic!” he cried loudly, delighted. He even threw up one of his hands. Only one, though, the other busy clutching the Encyclopedia to his chest, his newborn baby.

Despite his excitement, a wave of uneasiness crawled up his spine. He'd never been particularly good at switching gears. Not completing a project (namely stealing the Encyclopedia) before starting another one (finding a teacher)...it almost felt like he was cheating on a spouse. But how could he resist this opportunity? Did a gold thief pass over a chance to snatch a rare blue diamond? And it wasn't as if he could waltz off now, in the middle of a conversation, without being suspicious.

No, a good thief would keep a conversation going. Reassured that he wasn't quitting in the middle of a plot, he moved a little closer to his new found mentor. “My name's Zin,” he said, not sure if the other creature would want to shake hands or not. “What kind of magic do you do? Do I get homework? What should I call you? Can we start right away? How often can you teach me? Are there books I need to read?” It was hard not to sound incredibly hopeful.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sat May 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Enthusiasm was a contagious thing indeed - at Zin's joy, a huge grin spread across his own face, momentarily forgetting that such happiness was by all means completely unwarranted and nothing more than a temporarily relief.

"Lunasola," he energetically returned the greeting. However, at the influx of questions, the feluis found himself at a sudden loss of words. "Uhh..." Blinking, and slightly overwhelmed, he stood staring in dumb silence before trying to scrape up some sort of response. But really, he'd lost track of the list already, and definitely couldn't recall most of the questions.

After glancing around the room had failed to reap him any sort of useful answer, or even an appropiate escape to get him out of this situation, he gulped, before suddenly shoving all of his books towards Zin, adding to the ones he already had. "Take these! Good learning books! I get them for you, yes, you will learn everything from them." His eyes were wide and slightly desperate. "Everything."

And he hadn't even gotten to read them himself. Sigh.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Normally, if the godfairy had been paying more attention beyond his own joy, he might have picked up on Lunasola's doubt. But Zin, thrilled at the idea of having a teacher already, refused to pay attention to anything that might kill his buzz. So he chose to focus on Lunasola's wide eyes and jerky movements as excitement; kin to his own excitement. If the encylopedias were his bible, than mentors were the saints of his world. Any red flags would be swept aside and stomped on: if he kept teachers happy, they would give him what he desired beyond all else in the world. Knowledge.

“Excellent! I will read them all!” he vowed, gathering up the large piles of books and clutching them to his chest, like a mother dog with too many new puppies. “When do you want me to read them by?” The godfairy rocked back on his heels, almost bouncing with energy. “Do I get homework? Should I just call you Lunasola- cool name, by the way- or do...uh...whatever-your-spiecies is, have a special title requirement?” He babbled, deeply satisfied with how the day was turning out.

Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sun May 12, 2013 3:30 pm

The boy had so much faith in him. Not only that, but he thought his name was cool - he didn't get that kind of bargain every day. His enthusiasm was hopelessly infectious, and even though the feluis was aware of the fact he couldn't do magic, he couldn't help but find himself slightly convinced. He hadn't thought it would be so easy, yet here he was, standing in front of someone who believed him to be great... a teacher. There was much power to be felt, and Lunasola gleefully sponged it up with a massive, smug grin. If there would be consequences, he wasn't thinking about them right now.

"You... call me Professor Lunasola." The title was purred with an unhealthy amount of satisfaction, coupled with a chortle that bubbled up thereafter. "Read all of them as soon as you can! Very important! And... and..." What else did he say? If only he'd slow down with the questions and let him answer them---

Ah. Homework.

"Your homework isss..." His lips pursed with thought as his eyes trailed over Zin. "I want you to do a magic thing. Right now!" His tail swung eagerly behind him.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 am

((Sorry for the delay.))

As far as the godfairy was concerned, any mentor had the right to be as arrogant as he or she liked. “Professor Lunasola.” Zin said the title carefully, testing the sound out on his tongue. His smile stretched, almost as deeply satisfied as Lunasola was. Finally! A teacher! He'd certainly been at school long enough to get a teacher!

Lunasola's command was close enough to a wish, “want” and “wish” being pretty much interchangeable, so the godfairy didn't have to ask the feline creature to rephrase his wording. A shiver of either excitement or nerves rolled up his spine pleasantly; rarely was he given such broad guidelines to work his magic in. One of the most useful aspects of his magic- and he had to face it, wish power normally had more draw backs then strengths- was it's great diversity in application, as boundless as a fairies creativity, tampered only by the limits a wisher thought to impose on the magic. Clearly, this was meant to be a test of creativity as well as skill.

Zin glanced at the books around him, considering. He rubbed his hands together, suddenly sweaty. Why was it when he needed his most creative ideas that his brain went as dry as a well? After scrambling for some inventive magic trick, he ended up going basic. The godfairy snapped his fingers, prayed, and waited.

Suddenly, an alarming number of books started tumbling from the shelves. The books levitated through the air until they reached the duo, and began stacking themselves four neat walls around the feline and godfairy. Alarmingly, with each volume added, the stack grew taller and more unstable, possibly going to block the two of them in.

The godfairy surveyed his handiwork, a small frown appearing on his face. “Not quite what I had in mind. I wanted them to develop voices so the books could talk to us, even for a little bit... where they got the idea 'form a giant box around me and Professor Lunasola' I'm not entire sure...” He glanced apologetically at his professor, a little sheepish as the shelves continued to empty and surround them. “Things don't always happen like I want them too.”
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:17 pm

The feluis swelled with entirely unreasonable pride at the title. Yes, a professor was he.  A title to be respected, admired-- worshipped, even. But he was even more eager to see the result of his command. He looked on attentively at the snap of fingers.

The movement of books suddenly caught his attention, and his eyes widened with both awe and terror as they crowded around them, almost caging them. He twisted around, looking to each wall in turn as they began to stack, frozen to the spot.  "Uh...?!"

Yet, despite how terrifying and strange it was... it was magic. That ever-elusive magic, after all this time.  He was staring with simple silence until Zin spoke, to which he turned to address him again. But instead of being boastful about his spell, he was... disappointed?  Why was he disappointed?  He had just cast the most spectacular spell, far beyond what he knew any ordinary folk were capable of. Even as he finished talking, the feluis could only stare in disbelief.

And that was when Lunasola noticed it.  A void of emotion.  He knew that he'd normally be ecstatic, raving and impressed with such a display. He knew that he'd be at the godfairy's knees, begging to know more.  He knew that he'd be simply overwhelmed with adoration and elation. But he didn't feel any of that.  There was quite simply nothing.  Sheer dismay started to creep into his expression. 

What sort of professor was he?  He was not.  This student needed no lesson.

The grief in his face started to turn into anger.  His tail lashed from side to side. His teeth were bore, and his hackles raised.  With a furious hiss, the feluis suddenly launched himself at the fairy with both claws outstretched. He was going to claw him to ribbons.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Zin worriedly watched the books tumble from the shelves, almost nervous they wouldn't stop. What would he do then? But that worry could not compete with the growing anxiety he had towards Lunasola's reaction. Once more, he'd failed in even basic fairy craft. He risked a peek at his new Professors face, heart thumping painfully in his chess.

When Professor Lunasola bared his teeth, tail lashing, Zin couldn't help but shrink back a little, utterly crushed with himself. He had failed miserably in impressing his first teacher outside of the godfairy citedal. Not only had he failed, but he had ENRAGED his teacher with his inability to perform such a simple task.

The feluis launched himself at Zin, and after half a second's hesitation, the godfairy made no move to defend himself. He allowed himself to go crashing to the ground, with effort restraining the strong impulse to raise a hand and guard his face and vital areas from those claws. Every instinct told him to bare his teeth back and pin Lunasola to the ground- but Zin prided himself in being a good student. The most he allowed himself was a small flinch, a tiny grimace. Other than that, he seemed resigned to his fate. Professor Lunasola had chosen a disciplinary response, and it was a student's job to accept whatever the punishment was, not argue.

Meanwhile, the books continued to pile around them, the background music to his misery the sound of ruffling pages and soft thumps of hardcovers slapping against each other.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm

As he successfully managed to tackle the impudent kid to the floor, barely a thought rushed through his mind. No, just a burning fury and an excessive, overwhelming need to tear him to shreds.  There was absolutely no mistaking the feluis' anger, especially not from the harsh, inhumane hiss that he hacked up from the back of his throat.

Once he was on the ground, Lunasola didn't end there. He sat on his knees, a leg to either side of him, and leaned over him. Claws automatically slid out the tips of his fingers as he thrust both hands at the boy's chest. Whatever clothing he wore would be unlucky victim to his relentless claws as he slashed and scraped over him. His claws were very well potent enough to not only rip through fabric, but to reach the flesh on the other side. Though occasionally they might be snagged on the studier bits, he would make his best attempt to release them and resume.

There seemed to be no intent or slowing down. He didn't look anywhere remotely near Zin's face, as if he didn't care what his reaction would be. He simply seemed locked in his own world, unaware of the continuously stacking books, and doing exactly what he intended to do. At this point, he just didn't care about the reason why.
Though Lunasola had planned to pin him down, his weight was remarkably unimpressive. If Zin desired to move, it would not be difficult.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Zin's heart plummeted upon seeing Lunasola's expression.  He had failed.  Worse, he had failed to impress his new Professor so badly, that Lunasola was livid with him.  Utterly crushed, the godfairy miserably allowed himself to be tackled to the ground, resisting the temptation to dodge the attack or give into the craving to snarl back and give as good as he got.  He didn't even snarl back.  

If Professor Lunasola had chosen a method of punishment, it was not his place to speak out or argue.  A professor decided discipline, not the student.  And in agreeing to learn from Professor Lunasola, Zin had entered a contract.  A lose one, most assuredly, but one that godfairy ethics were frighteningly strict about.  He'd take his punishment without a sound.

However, an unbidden thought slipped into his mind, a silent harbinger of chaos.  So gentle was the realization, at first the true significance of the idea was lost on him.  There was a moment that lasted long enough for the Feluis to carve a few deep grooves into his flesh- and then Zin's eyes widened in blind, consuming panic.  And without warning, suddenly trembling hands snapped up and seized his new professor's wrists, attempting to restrain him of further slashing.  

Stop.” The word came half choked; not by pain, but by panic.  His face however, was unnervingly absent of the fear.  Without warning, his angular features softened, his shoulders relaxing.  He needed to stall for time before he decided on his next course of action.  "Let me try again."  His vice like grip did not loosen, fingers painfully tight- not until he was sure the Professor wasn't going to go back to ripping into him again.  

With every slap of hardcover against hardcover, their cage was build higher.  Running wasn't an option unless he wanted to risk harming the beautiful books, although it might be his best option.  If he ran, Lunasola might not want to teach him any more.  The same was true if he fought back.  Or worse, considering Zin was already wounded, the unthinkable might happen right here and now if he lost too much blood.  The blood loss wouldn't be too terrible all on its own, but if Zin's glamour started to fail because of it- if his appearance past just the normal human guise he normally preferred started to slip through...

That was far more terrifying than any physical pain Lunasola could ever dream of inflicting.  Far more permanent, too.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:47 pm

It was satisfying, oh so satisfying, to dig his claws into that flesh. It was like a relief that he hadn't been able to obtain until now. Even when his claws were dripping with red, he showed no signs of stopping or slowing. There was no such thing as 'enough'. There never was.

All good things come to an end- his hands were snagged, and Lunasola was forced to stop and listen to the offending boy. Not that he wanted to, of course. As soon as the fingers curled around his wrists, he reeled backwards, trying to yank his hands away from their grip. But it was too tight to free himself, and the feluis could do little other than writhe.

Again? Why again? So he could spite him more, that's why. "I don't want to," he snapped into his face, not even taking two moments to consider the proposal.

There was little that he hated more than that trapped feeling, and Zin's hold incited just that. He yanked harder, but it was plain to see that he just couldn't escape. With a spitting hiss, he twisted his head to try and bite down as hard as he could on the constricting hand.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Zin's eyes narrowed- if persuasion by words wasn't working, there were other methods he would have to resort to. A small, persistent voice nagged in the back of his head. If Lunasola pushed this to the extreme- to the point his glamour truly shattered- then Zin would have to kill him. Wouldn't he? After all, then someone would know... Oh god. If he had to kill his professor... Looking up into the face of Lunasola's fury, something broke. Even if he had to break all of his moral codes, there was really no choice. He could not go through this.

Not again. Not ever again.

The blood felt heavy on his chest, which was strange. Shouldn't he feel lighter if he was losing fluid? The thought came a little giddy, one of two warnings. The other warning that told Zin he was in trouble was that he wasn't feeling any pain. Instead, he felt a subtle shift in his magic as his body resorted to directing more energy towards the gouges in his chest. Uh oh. If this ran out, that's when his glamour would fail.

Godfairies were of the dark fairy sort- the carnivore, predator bloodline in the fae races. Unworldly and dangerous, their appearances normally scared humans away, which is why all the fae children were taught at a young age to adapt a more soft appearance...to lure the prey in. And now, for the sake of preserving magic, he let the human facade drop. Black eyes turned searing red in color, the pupils contracting into cat-like slits. His features sharpened dramatically. His teeth became little daggers as his mouth widened to fit the extra teeth, molars nonexistent. The nails on his fingers sharpened into long triangular points, striped patterns appearing. A series of tattoos that almost glowed, iridescent in color depending on the light source, spiraled up his arms, and, although Lunasola couldn't see it, up his back.

Zin yelped when Lunasola bit his hand, but his grip only tightened, bones creaking with how hard he clutched at his professor. If Lunasola wanted to bite, than Zin would break his wrists if necessary. “You may harm me, but you may not spill my blood. Professor.” The title was added on almost meekly- he was committing a pretty big sin in challenging Lunasola. He was not without shame in his decision to fight back.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm

When trying to dig his teeth into the offending hand only made his grip tighter, Lunasola couldn't stop his pained shriek. That hurt. There really was no escape. The trapped feeling was overpowering. He could feel his heart hammering inside him and his breath quickening.

Then he saw it. Green eyes briefly locked with red ones. No... Zin hadn't looked like that moments ago. Who was this guy? He couldn't tear his eyes away as they traced over every frightening new change - the eyes, the nails, the markings, the teeth... A monster. A frightened whine escaped him. He continued to try yanking himself free, even though the hope of that had long evaporated.

His line of thought just wouldn't cooperate with him - there was no thinking. There was no reasoning. There were only instincts to rely on. That 'fight or flight' notion. But he couldn't flee, and he couldn't fight either, and it felt outright sickening.

His prior fierce demeanour had fizzled away into sheer terror. His fur was spiked up, and his pupils had dilated to their full size. "Let go of me!" His voice was shrill. Teeth were still bared - a threat that he would bite again if the student didn't let go.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 pm

When the anger vanished in the place of fear on his professor's face, Zin felt a deep sense of relief. There was some shame, and distant echos of loneliness, but mostly overwhelming relief. Now he had the hope that maybe his appearance alone would be enough to scare Lunasola off. Zin's heart clenched- he would lose this teacher, of that he had no illusions- but he bared his sharp teeth all the same in response.

The godfairy released his death grip on the feluis and forcefully shoved Lunasola away. The second they were parted, he attempted to scramble backwards at the same time, only to hit a wall of books. There was the faintest sensation of protest from his chest, and for a moment the world spun around him as quickly as the books flying overhead did. No, no, no. He could not afford to black out. He gritted his teeth against the sensation, snarling his frustration.

A cornered animal, he pressed his back up to a few of the stacks, deciding that he'd rather have Lunasola attack him from the front than behind, if that were the case. He couldn't stand; the middle of his body wasn't listening to his mental commands like his hands and feet were. Too badly injured, perhaps. It wasn't as if he was worried about permanent damage; but still, his magic level was a concern as it continued to drop. It didn't matter if he couldn't stand. Limbs were good blocking tools; all he had to do was protect his face, throat, and middle. The other places wouldn't bleed as badly.

“Don't come near me. I don't want to hurt you, but I will.” With the true curse, there was no such thing as a false threat in the godfairy world. He pressed a hand against the area where the blood was seeping out, wincing. His fingers were slick with red and black liquid.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 pm

As he was forced backwards, he too, met with a great wall of books. He bumped against it, causing the stacked books to give way, as well as those that were being supported by them. However, they did not succumb to gravity, rather, they just floated in the air, drifting away from the impact. Lunaosla rolled on the floor before landing a short distance away. With a groan, he pushed himself up to lean on his elbows.  His wrists hurt, thanks to Zin's rather ruthless grip.

He glanced up, suddenly aware of not only the floating books, but Zin standing there. Just like that, his terror restarted. He scrambled to his feet, stepping away until he back was up against a bookcase. His eyes were wide as he stared the other male down, his poise rigid and tense. That monster. Why did he do that?

Of course, he was magical, if it weren't already evident by the floating books. He was magical, and Lunasola was not. That was how it worked here.

He drew his lips back into a snarl and his tail lashed. And he stayed exactly where he was, not even bothering to work up a wordly response. He couldn't focus on English right now. Not when Zin was standing there, staring at him. He could do little other than await his next move. Though every inch of him indicated aggression, truthfully, he was merely scared. Threatened.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Red, slitted eyes watched the waving tail wearily.  The feluis had his tail to wag in aggression; Zin had his sharp teeth to bare, a silent warning in return.  Part of him, the giddy part, noted with interest that the books just floated away to rebuild the stacks rather than tumble over.  His concentration was slipping; another bad sign.

Since Lunasola hadn't attacked him yet, Zin decided to ignore him for the moment.  His attention dropped back to the troublesome wounds.  Lunasola must have really gotten him; the gouges would have to be deep in order for his body to respond in such a way. The wounds were hardly life threatening- it would take a lot more to kill him than a few deep scratches.  The real danger was what would happen when the magic ran out.  He grimaced; dying suddenly seemed like a better option.  Maybe that's what he'd do if his glamour broke- keel over and die.  

He gave himself no warning, no time to prepare for his next action.  Zin knew this was when the pain would strike, but he was ready for it.  In a quick, jerky motion, he managed to rid himself of his outer shirt, dragging the article of clothing over his head. “¡TETAS DE PUTA!” Zin hollered loudly.  “¡ESO DUELE! ¡CAGARE EN TUS MUERTOS POR ESTO, CABRÓN!*”   Lights and colors exploded in his vision, and he sucked in a sharp breath as he continued to spill out curses.  That stung.  

Hissing Spanish to himself, he started ripping his outer shirt to shreds in order to make bandages.  

(*Translation: “Bitch tits! That hurt!  I shit on your dead relatives for this, bastard!”

Disclaimer: Cabrón= In some Spanish countries, this would be a “fighting word” and one connotation means someone who's partner isn't faithful.  It's a pretty significant insult and somewhat dangerous to use lightly.  Please don't use in real life.  Zinny and I are not responsible for what happens if you do. XD)
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:05 am

He shrank backwards at the sight of the teeth again. The monster was going to attack him, he swore. Yet, although every inch of him wanted to make a run for it, he found himself frozen to the spot, his legs trembling. What if running would just provoke him? What if he'd chase him down and...

But the eye contact was split as Zin turned his attention elsewhere. He took a tentative step away, as if he intended to sneak while he was distracted, but the sudden explosion of words stopped him in his tracks.

He swore he almost jumped out of his skin at eruption. He flattened himself against the bookcase, every one of his words like a verbal assault. Though truly, he couldn't understand what Zin was saying... and that, somehow, was even more terrifying. It was alien. It was vicious. It was like he was young again, peering meekly at a human raging in English, back when the language was new and bizarre. It was the exact same.

He watched the display, entirely still, careful not to breathe on the chance that even that might grab his attention. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes, but he didn't want to allow them to fall. Slowly, he began to defrost, inching slowly along the length of the bookcase.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 am

Not all of his wrath was completely Lunasola's fault. His almost-professor had had the misfortunate of waking old memories with his aggression, pinning Zin to the floor. Zin's mistake, really. The panic of losing his magic combined with the waves of pain had flamed his temper. But now it waned, the intensity of his emotional state never lasting long, the only saving grace of his species high strung temperaments.

The tears that hadn't fallen were duly noted in his almost-professor's eyes. “Just go,” he muttered, noticing the feluis attempting to escape. Heclosed his eyes, trying to hold back the regret, not that he thought Lunasola would notice or care at the present moment. Self-preservation would overrule observations like that. In a rather dramatic fashion he rested his forearm over his frightening eyes, trying to block out the world, if only for a second. The only assurance he had was that the depths of soulless misery would end just as quickly as his anger and fear, especially given a few days rest. He felt things, and he felt them hard, but they left quickly in order for him to embrace other emotions. The regret would linger, but it wouldn't be so crushing in a few days time.

The fear had ebbed away too, although the pain stayed. He was not in mortal peril now. He'd stopped further attack, so he should be able to recover without having to resort to dropping his glamour or visiting the infirmary. All had had to do was drag himself back to his room, curl under the shelter of a blanket fort, and wait for the magic to do its trick over the next few days. Without a room mate, no one would notice if his glamour slipped once or twice. He had no classes, no close friends... it would be fine. Holing up would allow him lick his wounds before venturing out into the castle again. Reflect over where exactly he had messed up so badly in this exchange. How he had lost the first person outside of his culture willing to teach him anything.

Zin felt sick on the inside, and, for a moment, he was glad of the pain of reopened scars. This was his punishment for defying Lunasola; better than the professor could have ever concocted. What Zin wanted most in the world was for him to be his teacher; and now he had successfully denied himself that wish. Suddenly apathetic, he spread out, watching the books fly above listlessly. It didn't matter that he was still bleeding; the bandages would tide him over for a bit. Or maybe the impulse to stay and wallow in the library was just another direction his self destructive impulse had taken.

(Zin can be a bit of an emotional basket case. XD My apologies for his angst...)
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 pm

He eyes trailed carefully over the other. He didn't seem to be moments from attacking him any more, but at the same time, it was difficult to be certain. Danger was still present, and uneasiness still clutched to his heart.

At the two words, he WASN'T going to take any chances.

It was an unsure movement at first, but he soon burst straight into a sprint towards the door, fear spurring him faster. He didn't dare look back, not until he was certain that he was safe. When two legs simply wasn't fast enough, he leaped into four, using both hands and feet to dash across the floor. The blood on his fingers had dried by now, they left no print on the floor.

When he reached it, he practically threw himself at the door, but ended up only colliding into it. With a whine, he rattled at the handle like it were suddenly a foreign impediment, before finally finding a way to throw it open and escape through it.

He didn't even look back as he ran through the corridors. He didn't want to remember what had happened there, but seeing Zin's face so close up while both of his hands were trapped was the sort of memory that wouldn't fade quickly. Right now, he just wanted to find someone else he could take comfort in, someone he could curl up next to and blubber all his worries to, and they'd say the sort of things that would make him feel better. He doubted his chances of even that.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 pm

He tried to ignore the sounds of Lunasola fleeing. When the door slammed shut, for the first time, he felt home sick. What was he even doing here? He'd thought maybe going to an academy with lots of magical misfits and different species would be fun, and easy to blend in with. It was...a heavy disappointment that even a student here found him so terrifying. A relief, as it had stopped the fight, but a bitter one nonetheless.

Out of spite, with the last of his magic, he turned to the flying books. Magic never did what he wanted it to, but he'd at least end this spell on his terms. Normally he could manage that much. He snapped his fingers again, closing his eyes and concentrating. The flying books must have liked his plans for them, because they followed his orders, rearranging piles and stacks to create a mini model of the castle. Another few helped make a smiley face with it's tongue sticking out. Once the disastrous mess was much more artistically arranged, the godfairy hauled himself to his feet.

Zin left a trail of curses and drips of blood as he made his way to the exit. As he slipped out the doors, quiet as a mouse, he sighed. He was back to having no professors. Only one mission left for the day; make it to his room unnoticed and sleep it all off. The first part was going to be a tad more difficult to accomplish than the ladder.

((I guess this is the end of the rp since Zin and Lunasola went there respective ways? XD))
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down