The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

!! Perfectly Peaceful

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

!! Perfectly Peaceful - Page 3 Empty Re: !! Perfectly Peaceful

Post  £NPC Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 am

The barmaid stood with one hand on her hip and her gaze flickered between the two. "Sure thing." She gave a nod to Zin. "Anything to drink? Tea, coffee, juice, just water...?" One corner of her mouth quirked playfully. "Or do you want that to be a surprise too?"

The other patrons of the Tavern seemed to be acting like nobody new had joined them - in fact, they seemed to be avoiding looking anywhere near the young mens' table. Once, the boy's wide-eyed gaze strayed towards them, but was soon brought back to his plate with the older woman's rough nudge.

The magazine almost flew out of the man's hands as he flinched at Morag's laughter. He glanced up, alarmed. When she greeted him, he half-turned around to check whether she was addressing somebody behind him; finding nobody there, he cracked an uncertain grin. "Yes. I mean, good day."

His eyes were glued to somewhere around the selkie's forehead - not brave enough for eye contact and not daring drift elsewhere. Certainly not anywhere below her chin.

£NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 am

No-one had called them out or was being aggressive. That was good. Risiko gave a quick glance around. Not too many people there. Also good. If things turned accusative or otherwise bad, they weren't likely to be torn apart (or at the very least one of them -Me- could escape). At the worst, they seemed wary. The waitress seemed willing to take their business at any rate.

The table in front of Risiko was suddenly in need of attention again. He was humored at Zin's reply, but didn't show it beyond a small smile. Good thinking - never let them see how much you don't know.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Height : 195 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://axleoflight.deviantart.com/#/d5pkite

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 am

Finally. Someone who wasn't completely unpleasant upon meeting- just when he had been started to lose hope that there wasn't a human alive with a sense of humor.

He pretended to consider his choice for a moment, clicking his tongue to his teeth, brows wrinkling comically as if it were a fairly strenuous decision. “Well, if it wouldn't overwhelm you to come up with two surprises...” The smile he shot back was equally playful with the mock challenge. “I'll take the drink as a surprise too, if you'd be so kind. What's life without a little mystery?” He nudged Risiko, like they were old pals, like he would if it were one of his real hunting mates having an early breakfast together. “Right?”

The problem was Risiko was not one of his hunting mates, and he wasn't completely sure the human boy would pick up on the hint and opening Zin had dropped him. The barmaid was an excellent starting point, and they had to be quick to establish good terms, let her know they were interested in good gossip. So far Risiko was just...sitting...there. Zin chided himself to be patient, sure that Risiko's knowledge of the humans would come in handy sooner than later. Hopefully.
Zin
Zin

Height : 173 cm

http://philoscaelum.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Zin-358859546

Back to top Go down

Post  £NPC Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Amused, the barmaid tilted her head and tapped her foot, feigning impatience at Zin's indecisiveness. When he finally answered, she shook her head, letting out a light laugh. "I'll do my best to whip something up, love." With a cheerful wink, she turned around and headed for the kitchen.

While she was walking past their table, the woman with a child stopped her. "I'll have the bill now."

The barmaid stopped, her slightly confused gaze travelling over the half-finished breakfast, before locking with the woman's -- and her brow creased. "Right, sure thing. That'll be... I think it was nine pound sixty, but I'll check."

The woman nodded, slightly impatient, as the barmaid walked off to find her notebook.

"Gran?" The boy poked her shoulder. "Are we going?"

"Yes. Finish your toast," she said, pushing the plate towards him over the table as she started gathering their things.

"But gran," he protested. "I can't eat that fast--"

"Yes you can," she interrupted quietly. "Or take it and eat it as we go."

The fishermen watched in silence. Sometimes, they stole glances towards the two strangers.

£NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 am

Risiko heard the woman ask for the check, but thought nothing of it. People left all the time with children.
"Man" he struck up a conversation with Zin, hoping he'd catch on. "Weird stuff's been happening here. Kids gone missing, or worse. Maybe we shouldn't have come. "
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Zin listened to the woman talk to her child, frowning a little. It was dangerous to make any assumptions- the woman could be taking the child because they were late for something, or an appointment had popped up...But why stop for food if you were in a hurry? It reminded him of his mother, to be honest, of how she would randomly decide an environment was too dangerous and drag him (and now his younger siblings) off. The best defensive plan was to avoid possible dangers...and when avoidance wasn't possible, it was to limit threats before they became real dangers.

So the question was, was the human just distracted, or did she suspect Risiko and him?

Risiko was talking now. Zin tuned in towards the end of what he was saying, the thoughtful frown increasing. “C'mon- weird stuff happens everywhere though. I've heard a few rumors, but...rumors are rumors, yeah?” The godfairy managed to sound like he was tying to be reassuring, but his nerves were getting the better of him. In truth, he was more focused on forming the sentences correctly. He glanced around, as if a bit unsettled. “Besides, we're only here for breakfast. What's the harm?”

Questions were safe. Questions were neither lies, false claims, or knowledge that he knew to be incorrect. Phrasing things as questions had been the lifeline of godfairies since the truth curse had originally been placed on them.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morag Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

"Are you well?" She asked with concern "..You look like you need a break. And perhaps a walk." Morag decided to say, with a smile. Suggested, more like, as the selkie kept trying to meet his eyes. Humans had such odd forms of prudence. She wondered how the other boys were getting on with their reconnaissance and he chances of the Islander in front of her being allowed to abandon the stall. Slim at best but it could spark conversation...

Which Morag could work with. Most definitely.

Morag

Height : 150cm
Weight : 68kg

http://eversodashing.deviantart.com/art/Morag-app-aalc-365558060

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Good, at least this might serve some purpose. Smoke a reaction out of some of the locals like a fox from a hole. Risiko smiled on the inside. The fairy caught on. Though he was glad that it worked, he mentally chided himself. We're only here because this fairy couldn't keep his gob shut earlier and play nicely with the people. Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall. The fairy cares more for pride than peace

Ignoring that voice, Risiko continued, trying to sound paranoid (which was, admittedly, not too difficult).
"I'm sure Ceasar thought it was just going to be another meeting." He glanced nervously over his shoulder. "We should try to at least find out what happened fully. I'm sure people around here are nice enough"
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  £NPC Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 pm

The Tavern's patrons did not respond, or as much as look at the two conversing, but one of the men snorted derisively as Zin spoke of the events being 'rumors'. Otherwise, they were ignored rather pointedly as the grandmother helped dress the little boy with jerkish, hurried motions.

The barmaid reemerged with her notebook. "It was nine pound ninety, I'm sorry--" She paused for a second, as if mildly startled by the suddenly thick atmosphere, glancing around before looking to the woman again. As the grandmother fussed around with her purse, the unattended boy walked out from behind the table and strayed a few unsure steps towards the two island residents. His blue eyes were alit with sneaky curiosity.

"Are you monsters?" he asked in a hushed voice, clearly in hopes his grandma's hearing was bad enough to miss it.

"Yeah, I'm fine," the young man answered, a bit too quickly. "Just got a bit of, uh, cold." He sniffed in demonstration, then gave her an odd look. "A walk?" he echoed unsurely. Finally meeting her gaze, his own was a little questioning -- as if wondering if she wasn't mocking him. After a second of pause, he gave a shrug and replaced the magazine in the rack. "Sure, why not?" He grinned, still a bit uncertain but trying not to show it. "What's your name?"

£NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morag Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Morag smiled widely at both not getting refused and that actually working. That, and it wasn't an old man she had to charm. That would be awkward and she suspected with Zin's mouth the whole school would know if she were spotted. If it even worked, which would be more worrying.

"It's Morag, yours?" She said, looking towards the beach and then back to him, the princess wouldn't say where she wanted to go but leave it to the paperboy. Morag hadn't the foggiest about the area and he was local.

Morag

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:56 am

Internally, Zin winced when Risiko mentioned a fake person. False references were terribly tricky to maneuver around without directly lying. Just as he'd constructed a response that would pass the truth curse, he paused, seeing the boy wander a little closer. The curiosity in his eyes sharply reminded Zin of his own younger siblings, tucked safely away in home, guarded by an entire race of people devoted to bringing down people who would harm them. And what did this little boy have? A frail old grandmother? The wave of protectiveness gave him his answer easily; compared to a creature that could hurt a child, he was no monster.

This time, unlike when he'd spoken to the old man, the wave of emotion did not register on his face. Instead he just smiled a little, like he was almost amused, but worried as well. An expression he often wore with his younger siblings. “We're not monsters,” he replied. “But we've heard there are monsters about...”

Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Risiko gave the grandmother a quick glance, just to be sure she wasn't watching, as he bent confidentially towards the young boy.
"What he said. In fact, we're being undercover detectives right now" he whispered and winked slyly. Kids loved playing games, right, playing important roles and whatnot? "And we need your help. See, I can tell you're brave, but I'm not so sure about the grown-ups around here. Is there anything that's worrying them, that they're not sure about?"

It might work. At least, this is how adults used to get information out of him.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  £NPC Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:04 pm

At first, the boy squinted a little, as if suspecting them to be monsters despite Zin's claim. When Risiko spoke, his eyes widened with interest again, his mouth forming a small 'o'. Glancing behind to ensure his grandmother was still busy, he inched closer to the two, brow furrowed in deep thought. "There's monsters living here," he said quietly, leaning in. "On the island. Mom and dad say I can't go out to play anymore, or the monsters will get me." He pouted. "But I've never seen any monsters. It's like with Santa, they don't want to let me see him. But I wanna." He looked between the two unhappily. "Are you hunting the monsters? Can I see them?"

In the background, the grandmother counted her change. The waiting barmaid's gaze once wandered to the boy with the two young men, and though her expression was mildly concerned, she strained a smile and said nothing.

After following her gaze, then looking back to her, the young man started in the direction of the boardwalk, moving to fall in line with her and walk alongside. He seemed impressed at the introduction. "That's a cool name. I'm Ethan."

Silence lingered awkwardly for a moment before he spoke again.

"So... what are you up to here? Shopping...?"

£NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morag Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 pm

She gave a small 'yours too' in response and then found herself at a crossroads over where to take the conversation next. With a sideways look towards the news stand they were walking away from, she thought that if only she had the boys with her this could be an excellent distraction. Oh well.

Morag figured that she could play dumb or play hapless in regards to what happened. She decided the latter, figuring that if he was going to not say anything the option was there either way, but the second question was more pointed about where she wanted to take this.

"I'm here to have a look around the area before I go to the castle. It's a lovely place" The selkie said with a glance then looking and gesturing to the town, innocently enough.

Morag

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 am

The fact that he hadn't seen the monsters indeed suggested the prey was small in number- probably under five people. Any more and, unless they had disguise magic, it would be incredibly difficult to pull off a series of murders without any witnesses. Unless they were well organized- and Zin had the feeling they weren't. Otherwise they wouldn't have left tracks. The kids would just be that- missing. “We're trying to find the monsters in order to stop them. Is there anywhere in particular your mother won't let you play?”

Zin was a little uneasy talking to the child. He wasn't quite sure how human caretakers reacted, but he knew several godfairies who would just as easily snap someone's arm in half for simply breathing wrong in the presence of their children. The grandmother would turn around soon, and for some reason, he doubted she'd like the boy talking to two strangers. Still. Kid's tended to notice things adults didn't- it was worth the risk.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:29 pm

It crossed Risiko's mind that two out-of-towners talking to a small boy might not be the best image to portray. As he found the barmaid looking, this feeling was confirmed. Zin seemed to have a good handle on questioning the boy, at any rate, so Risiko sat up slowly, as if disinterested and looked around some more.

There were the fishermen and the barmaid. He might be able to (and he made a note to punish himself for even thinking of the cliche) gamble for information out of the fisherman. Some sort of coin game, maybe. That left the barmaid. Maybe if they were polite enough, they could just ask? Risiko couldn't think of any other way besides that and bribery.
Seduction Some Poe-ish imp suggested in his head. Risiko waved it away, and heard laughing in return.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  £NPC Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:30 pm

((The roleplay has been continued here: http://aalcsindriscove.chatango.com/ ))

£NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3