The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Final Resting Place

2 posters

Go down

Final Resting Place Empty Final Resting Place

Post  Leon Barner Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Leon stopped in front of Jami's room holding a small safe and a pillow which, folded in half, could fit inside. He'd taken the day before to test out his abilities. If a solid object is placed inside of another solid object using his phase spell, and the phase spell is allowed to close, then a hollow will be made inside of the second object to accommodate the first. If the first object is hollow, then the inside will be left unaffected. This would work.

He'd gotten up early for this, since he wouldn't be sure when he could catch Jami in her room otherwise. Leon gave the door in front of him two solid knocks and waited for the fairy on the other side to answer. At least the fact that Jami had a room to herself meant he wouldn't have to worry about a nosy or awkward roommate.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Height : 5'7'' / 170cm
Weight : 132 lbs / 60kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d4hv

Back to top Go down

Final Resting Place Empty Re: Final Resting Place

Post  Jami Futter Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Jami had woken up at her usual early time. She had done the usual routine of what she did at school. It was nice to be back after the little trip home, but she had liked going. Piles of medical books surrounded the girls bed along with a bunch of clothes all over her area of the room. Jami had what seemed to be a much smaller room than some of the others on her floor, which was fine when she had been its only occupant, but now she had a room mate to share the space with. It just so happened to appear the girl was not in this morning. Jami actually liked the girl very much. The company was nice, and the girls glow was a nice alternative to leaving lights on when studying at night.

When she heard to knocks on her door, she paused for a moment, figuring out what it was and then decided to go open the door and look out. Some one might need some help and assumed she hadn't left yet to the Castle. Still holding her hair brush she opened he door. With wide eyes she stared at the boy standing there. Well, this was unexpected.

"Oh!" Realizing she was just standing there Jami moved back into her room a bit giving him room to come in. "Good morning, come in." The girl gestured with her hair brush over to her work bench for him to set down his.... safe. "What to I have the pleasure of seeing you this early for Mr.Barner?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Leon entered the room. The tone in Jami's voice seemed to have gone completely unnoticed or otherwise intentionally ignored. He wasn't in a particularly bad mood, just all business. Rather than place the safe on the work bench, Leon handed it to Jami instead.

"I got you a present. You can set the combination to whatever you want. Just make sure it's something you'll remember, and don't tell me what it is." He'd wait for the fairy to accept the safe before leaning back against the nearest wall. "When we're done, the only way anyone will be able to access Petunia is if me and you are together." Here he allowed a slight smirk to escape. It wasn't fool-proof, no. Wherever they put it, it would have to be able to withstand the test of time and force. Then there were always other demons or angels who knew the phase spell, and a combination lock wouldn't stop him from being able to retrieve it using that same spell. The odds that Petunia would be disturbed were highly unlikely.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 pm

She took the safe slowly not wanting to drop it. A present? But what was it for? Jami closed the door with her foot and then moved away from it a few steps before sitting on the floor. Twisting it in her lap she got a look at the lock. "Was this the plan you had in mind then?" On their brief vacation Leon had mentioned to her a plan to deal with Petunia. It was hard for Jami to keep taking her everywhere, but there was no way Jami would let Petunia be alone for someone to find.

She started to set the lock, making sure it wasn't in view of Leon. Did it really matter if he saw though? From the look on his face, Leon seem to think he had a pretty good plan, but Jami would need to hear it in detail. "I just realized that you got up early, just to help me with this. I am honestly surprised. Not only by the time, but you didn't even tell me you'd be coming! not that I am complaining or anything." The fairy laughed and gave Leon a smile.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Leon nodded. "This way there are two lines of security. I'm thinking the mountains would be the best place for it. Keeping it on this island would protect it from any humans, and not many of the students here go into the mountains often. I was testing out my phase spell on that same safe yesterday. It'll work alright."

Leon laughed. Was him getting up early for any reason really that blasphemous? "I thought I'd miss you if I didn't get here early. This is something I'd rather not talk about around other people." Actually, he probably should have said something to her before just showing up. Who knew, maybe Jami had doubts about going through with it. It had to be done though. Carrying the vial around with her was no safer than leaving it in her room.

"That's another thing. Don't tell anyone I can do this with my phase spell." It was a good tool to use if no one knew about it. As of now He and Jami were the only ones who knew, and there was one other person that could possibly figure it out. He trusted that Jami wouldn't say anything.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Goodness, Leon had gotten right in to things. She carefully got up and placed the Open safe on her desk and made her way to her bed. She stared at the floor as she listened and thought. Her pleased emotions slowly draining. The Mountains... Jami hadn't been up there much herself other than a few events and to fly. It wasn't an area she was too fond of though. Would that make it more so a good place to put the demon? "You got here just in time then. I was getting ready to go to the castle."

Leon seemed to be worried about people learning of his specific skill. Hadn't he used it before? Maybe his 'leaders' were watching him and had restricted him. What ever it was, she probably wouldn't tell anyone anyway. Petunia was personal, and so was anything she planned to do with her, involving Leon or not. "Sure."

After a moment in silence Jami stood and walked over to her dresser, hit a button on the side and pulled out the vial from it. Staring at the black mist her thumb rubbed the glass. Looking over towards Leon she frowned, obviously not happy with something. The fairy held the vial close against her chest as if guarding it.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Leon didn't comment on the snippits of small talk. He wasn't interested in small talk. Actually, now that he thought about it, he should have come much earlier. Maybe he and Jami could have gotten this done before the rest of the castle really woke up. Oh well. It was too late for that now. He doubted anyone would be in the mountains at this time anyway.

Distracted as he was, it took longer for Leon to realize there may have been a problem through Jami's body language. He looked between her eyes and the vial, taking a moment before speaking. "Second thoughts?" He didn't like that wording. It suggested that it would be okay if she decided not to go through with the plan. The fact was, it wasn't safe for it to be hidden in her room, or for her to carry it around with her. While the decision was ultimately hers, he didn't think it was a wise decision to leave things as they were.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Second thoughts. No, Jami had none of those. Shaking her head she took a deep breath and held onto the vial with a looser grip, and less closely. The contents swirled around endlessly without pattern as it usually did. "She needs to be kept out of anyone's reach." Jami reassured herself. Looking over to Leon though, her expression would betray her. Her face would not show the confidence she wanted to, only reluctance.

Another glance at the vial. Jami rubbed her thumb against the glass again, and the black smoke changed. The change was subtle, but plain to anyone paying attention. The smoke had thickened and parts had started to stick to the glass, like a curtain starting to close after the final act. Sitting back down Jami closed her eyes a frowned in her frustration. What was she feeling, and thinking? Petunia was a leech, and had to be forgotten. There was a longing though in Jami that was holding her back. No body else could have the demon. It was her's. Petunia was part of Jami, how could she hide the thing away and try to forget about it. Petunia was her...

Stop it Jami. "I think I might need some help..." she looked back up at Leon, giving him a nervous and scared smile, "But that's why you are here right?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Noting the reluctance in her voice, Leon watched Jami a bit more closely. He nodded in agreement to what she said. They were his thoughts exactly, but then what was with that face? He was reminded of Yuuki. Much to his surprise, she'd been a bit upset after Ketsuta was gone. Maybe she and Jami both had formed some sort of bond with their respective demons. It hadn't been that way that way for him anyway. Maybe that was because Saren existed in physical form. Whatever.

Leon didn't answer her verbally. Instead he approached her with the pillow. He held one side in each hand, holding it open for Jami to place the vial on top of it. This way once the vial was safely tucked away there wouldn't be risk of it breaking open by any sort of jostling. It could survive an earthquake.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 pm

His silence wasn't very reassuring, and Jami was feeling anxious. He held the pillow in front of her, but she wasn't so sure what role it played in his plan. Her arm moved quickly placing the vial on the pillow and then returning to her side. There was no way for her to look directly at it without wanting to snatch it back. The glass was now half coated in the sold darkness. The creature inside was disturbed and restless. Biting her lip Jami looked to her feet and tried to distract herself but a whining noise sneaked past her defenses. No, she couldn't take it back, Petunia had to go. Why was it so hard...? A thought popped into Jami's thoughts, a memory of when she was little.

Ostintina moved the hair from younger Jami's eyes and tucked it behind her ears. Don't cry honey. She had said. I know you liked playing with the lizard, but it had to go back to its home. Jami's face had been red and wet from her tears. It wasn't fair her new friend had run off. She had even named him! Oh honey, you shouldn't name wild things. It makes you more attached, and it is harder to let them go.

"Damn." Jami hadn't meant to say it aloud. Running a hand through her hair she sighed and shook her head in self-disappointment.

The demon stared out the glass at the silver haired girl. It felt a strange pull towards her, and a strong repel towards the male holding the pillow. The misty creature couldn’t retain much memory or thought, but it had a strong emotional sense. It knew it wasn’t meant to be in this glass container, and it knew that the silver haired girl that looked over it had some sort of connection with it. As it was placed on the pillow, it felt a sudden surge of anger. It did not want to be there, why was the girl putting it there? In protest it had started to layer against the walls of its prison. It had to get out, it was furious.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Once the vial was placed on the pillow, Leon folded the pillow in half, effectively surrounding and cutting it from view. Any of Petunia's actions inside the vial went unnoticed. For all he cared, the substance inside the vial was just a dark, mindless mist. The thought that the demon was still alive inside hadn't even occurred to him, and if it had, he wouldn't have cared anyway.

He glanced at Jami's face again as though for final confirmation as she swore, but he'd continue regardless of the expression he saw. Leon moved back towards the safe, opening it all the way and easing the pillow inside. He rested a hand on the safe's door in preparation to close it, but first he looked back at Jami. "Got the combination memorized?"
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 pm

It was out of sight. "Yeah, I wouldn't forget it." The fairy rubbed her face, erasing the strange feelings away. She stood and walked over to the safe. Her fingers gently tapped on the hard surface in a little pattern. Jami didn't want Petunia to go, but there was no stopping this now. Leon surely wouldn't let her keep the leech. If she tried to take it back he would stop her for sure. "Are you sure we should do this?" It wasn't really a question for Leon though, was it?

Her fingers moved to the side of the safe before dropping off and hanging down in the sir by her side. She could try to restrict his movements. numb his hands, and open the safe and fly for it... No she shouldn't. "I think you should hide it. It's probably not safe for me to know where it is exactly... but then why should I know the combination." More conflict.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Definitely second thoughts. As his question was answered though, he closed the door to safe, confining the vial to its darkness. The idea of hiding the safe himself didn't appeal to Leon. He could come up with some roundabout reason for this, but mostly he just didn't want to be the only one to know where the vial was hidden. He had nothing to do with Petunia. Why should he be the only one to know where she's hidden?

But it seemed Jami didn't trust herself with its location. He considered it for a minute, one hand resting on top of the safe, but in the end he just shrugged. "Up to you. But you should know, I'm against it." He'd do it if Jami asked him to, but really he wasn't going to be around forever, and he'd prefer it if Jami didn't rely quite that much on him for this.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm

"Okay, back to your plan then." The girls hand ran back into her hair and pulled on it slightly as she thought. Finally shaking her head she let out a frustrated groan. "Why the hell is this so damn hard!" Burying her face in her hands she groaned again with a mock cry. She felt like a child who couldn't figure out if she would give up ice cream or chocolate, except Jami was dealing with keeping the demon or not. It was to much. A small feeling of dislike towards Leon was sitting in the back of her thoughts. Why the heck had he just shown up without warning and taken Petunia from her?!

The demon in the vile was confused. Why was it stuck inside of the volt? It wanted to reach out to Jami, it wanted to see her again. It sensed her small annoyance and wished for it to grow. The anger would feel so good. The thought of Jami's anger gave it energy. It needed the fairy!

Jami took a deep breath again and again. The sudden intense emotions she felt were making her sick. It was something she knew she had lived with before, but after ridding herself of it she felt its effects more than when she had been use to it. Petunia was no doubt trying to control her again. Even though the demon was out of her, there must be some sort of connection, something deep which had her convinced Petunia shouldn't be taken away from her. "I think I'm going to throw up..."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Leon watched as the indecision continued to grow in Jami. There was no denying that, even now, the demon in the vial still had some effect on the faerie, and though he wouldn't admit it, it pained Leon to see.

Steadily, his business-like front began to fade, and he put his arms around her shoulders, holding her in what was meant to be a comforting hug. Actually, this was pretty sure this was the first time he'd initiated a hug with Jami. It was probably the first time he'd ever willingly hugged anyone. excluding any time before the age of 10, and even then his willingness for it was probably questionable. "You've got to let her go, Jami. One way or another it has to happen."
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 pm

When Leon put his arms around the girl, she froze in a slightly defensive way. He wasn't being hostile, there was no reason to be stiff... Leon was hugging her. She loosened up a bit and leaned her fore head on his shoulder. "I want to, trust me." Longing hung in her tone, and she shook as sudden sobs tried to surface. Why was she so upset? There was no plain reason for it and it was truly annoying.

Finally accepting Leon's attempt to comfort her, Jami hugged him back. Trying to distract herself a bit she tried to add some humor to the situation. "Hey Leon, I didn't know that you could hug people." She looked up at him with a funny looking smile, but she couldn't hold it too long and was drawn back into a more fatigued state. "And in other news... I also didn't expect this reaction from myself to Petunia..." HEr eyes wandered back to the safe.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Leon returned a small smirk at Jami's joke. "I think congratulations are in order for both of us."

Leon reached for the inset handle on top of the safe, pulling it slightly towards them without letting fall off the table or pulling out of the hug more than just a little bit. That was quite enough stalling. Now it was time they get a move on. "Let's do this then." Leon didn't just want to get the act finished; he wanted to watch Jami see it through to the end.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh how she wanted to smile. Yes congrats, but she couldn't. Her gaze was fixed on the safe. Her heart rate was increasing slightly and the faerie took long breaths. No that was certainly not okay. "I want to hold it." She didn't move, deep concern with a tint of anger written all over her face. It was clear her issues were still not over after Leon's comfort.

Petunia let out it's frustration, slamming against it's prison. The attempts made no effect though as she was only vapor moving around in the sealed air of the vial. She could feel the pull towards Jami get stronger as they were brought closer. Jami was upset, and that was good. It made Petunia feel good, with all the emotion it took in. "Leon...can I please hold her on the way there?"Jami tried to be more polite. How would she get what she so badly wanted if she acted like a child who stated there wants as needs.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down