The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

No Time for Games

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No Time for Games Empty No Time for Games

Post  Lunasola Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 pm

((continued from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

He finally reached the infirmary. Well, not without a cost, anyway. The bleeding of his leg had ventured down to his foot, painting it a rather gross red, as well as leaving little tell-tale footprints behind him. At one point, he'd found the prospect amusing enough to try and draw a smiling face on the wooden floor, but it would resemble a lopsided smear more than anything.

And it was beginning to sting too - he couldn't touch it without flinching away. He needed more of Jami's magic. He frowned at the thought. No, he needed the magic himself.

However, said nurse hadn't arrived yet, and he'd found himself a little bored. After entering the room, he quickly closed the door and pressed his back against it to block it. If she wanted to come in, she'd very well have to barge her way in.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Height : 127 cm
Weight : 20 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Lunie-at-AALC-257909643

Back to top Go down

No Time for Games Empty Re: No Time for Games

Post  Jami Futter Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Lunasola. so that was the boy's full name... It actually was pretty nice sounding. It was a shame he was in some sort of mood. Then he was off. Not again. Jami rubbed her hands on her face and groaned. Knowing she wouldn't be able to catch up Jami took her time and walked at a good pace after him. She knew where he seemed to be going, since the blood on the floor was leading her to him.

Reaching the Infirmary doors Jami reached out a hand to open the door. It wouldn't move though. "Lun-asola!" Her tone was stern. What was he up to now! Did he not understand that he needed her to help? Especially if it was still bleeding enough to leave a trail...
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm

His ears pricked. Footsteps approaching. Soft ones. It was likely to be Jami. As something pressed on the other side of the door, he forced his heels against the floor to help push the door backwards. Eventually, he twisted around to face the door, pressing as much of his weight against it as he could. She couldn't get in! A small smirk pulled at his lips.

As the sharp female voice came, he flinched, instinctively wanting to stop. However, a few moments passed, and his brows knotted with determination. No. He had to do this, it was important. He wasn't playing any more.

Still pressing on the door, he called to the other side. "You are not coming in, Jami!" His tone was firm. "You are going to tell me how you do your magic!"
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Not coming in? Well this was certainly not expected. Who knew she'd be kept out by her patient. "Why can't I just tell you once you let me in?!" Wait, why did he want to know how she used magic? Shaking her head the Fairy tried to push harder. Then she had an idea. "How about I don't tell you about magic unless you let me in?" Reverse Psychology?

Jami gave the door a light knock and stopped pushing. She wouldn't be able to open it by force. "Is your leg starting to hurt again?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 am

"Mmm!" His face scrunched with annoyance at her proposal. Why couldn't she just do it the way he wanted her to? He was about to answer her back with a remarkably unfriendly comeback when she started to push harder on the door. Despite the fact that he was leaning on the door as hard as he could, he wasn't really that strong enough to keep it firmly shut. His feet started to skid backwards, but she soon gave up afterwards.

"T-tell me now!" he hissed.
As she reminded him about the leg, he winced. Yes, yes it did. But that was all the more reason for her to tell him about the magic. He could do it himself if she gave him the chance, and he knew this.
"Stop treating me like a little kid, this is important." And he hoped, that by some sort of force, his serious glare would be able to reach the other side of the door.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Tell him now. Goodness. Important. "I don't mean to treat you like a kid Lunasola, I am worried about you leg and just want to help!" Sighing Jami paced a bit. Why would he need to know about her magic? The fairy had a strong feeling though he would not forget about the topic, and that she would have to tell him something.

"I can use magic because it is apart of how I am made. I have always had it, and probably will always have it." Would this be good enough for him. A big explanation of her biological make up would probably not be the best way to explain it to him in the current situation. The situation being that she was on the other side of the door from him, and he was bleeding with some sort of open wound. "Can I please come in now?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sun May 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Lunasola stayed quiet as the faerie talked, hanging on to every word she spoke. Slowly, but surely, his poise against the door started to deflate, his hands sliding down the door until they hung limply by his sides. Determination turned to disbelief as he stared towards the door, his jaw open in a silent gasp, not even attempting to answer her request.

The faerie would be met with no answer until moments later, when with a small 'creak', the door would open slowly, revealing his wide curious eyes. Almost tentatively, he widened it enough to allow her entry, his gaze focused entirely on her face.

"You... You can't teach me? I have to be made with it?" His tone was anxious.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm

The door opened and his large eyes looked up at her. the gaze pulled on her emotions. Was magic something he really cared about? Her eyes quickly flickered between his leg and back to his face. Taking a step into the room Jami held out a hand towards him. "Come with me for a second and I can tell you a bit more about magic. How about that?"

The faerie purposely didn't answer the question. Hopefully he would get the idea that she had more to say about magic. She didn't want to just shoot him down and say No she couldn't teach him, or that he needed to have it inside of him, because that was not always the case.

Some beings seemed to be able to perform magic without being born with it, but Jami knew that her species definitely was. For all she knew maybe he could perform magic... but he also had a chance that he couldn't.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 pm

The feluis stared at the hand like a foreign object. Why didn't she answer? Was it yes or no? Could he learn it, or could he not? It stirred impatience within him, yet, he knew that simply could not turn down her offer. Knowing more about magic would be vital in learning it anyhow.

"Tell me everything," he insisted, raising his hand to accept her's.
There was hope. It was but a glimmer, but it was there. But there was a darker side that suspected a more grim outcome. He gulped to brace himself for it.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Jami brought him over to a cot and held up a finger to tell him wait before rushing to the counter and quickly pulling out some gauze and germ killer's. Returning as fast as she could she gave him a smile and took a deep breath. "I'm just going to clean it up a bit first, it might sting a little, but if it does just let me know and I'll make it stop." Putting the sanitizing fluid onto the gauze she moved it towards his leg to start cleaning it up.

"So before I tell you about magic, can you answer a question of mine? Why do you want to know about magic,did someone get you interested in to it?" It was an honest question. What would cause the kid to seem to want magic like this. There was no doubt he cared deeply for answers since he had made her run after him and then tried to lock her out till he had information.

Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Waiting, waiting and more waiting. His feet itched with impatience and his gaze silently demanded her to hurry up with... whatever she was doing. As he returned, his expression was void of anything resembling joy, but he obliged and stuck out his leg anyway. Still, she didn't have to do it for him; he could do it himself, right? ...Right?

More questions. Couldn't she just tell him already? He just wanted a yes or no, but still, she wanted the whats and the whys. He drew his lips back with annoyance, but he wasn't looking at her. He was staring at the opposite wall.
"Everybody knows magic." It was phrased like it were an obvious fact. "Everyone. I meet many many people here, they can all do magic things. Even a girl who I think is like me... She does magic too."
His tone bitter, he dragged his attention back towards Jami again. "Why can't I do magic? Is it because I am too stupid? Or have I been born all wrong?"

His brows creased, and his lip trembled, but rather than sadness, there was just an intense, focused stare entirely on the faerie.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Content with his wound now, Jami covered it with fresh gauze and applied some more pressure. As he explained, Jami chewed lightly on her bottom lip. Everyone? Well I'm sure if it was everyone, it would mean everyone he met, but it was very possible almost everyone could perform some sort of magic.

"Alright then. That makes sense." Looking up at him she gave him a polite smile. "Just because you can't do magic, doesn't mean you were made wrong, or that you are stupid, which I certainly would say you are not." Checking the wound, she determined it was good to go, it would just need to be covered for a bit.

She wasn't sure what to say about the person similar to him with magic, but she had another idea. "Some people can't perform magic, but they can do something just as special. They are called. Magicians or illusionists. They can do things by learning skills to do something that others won't know how it happened. Like pull rabbits out of hats!" She looked at him expectantly. Would he like the idea of an illusionist?
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 pm

He winced with pain as the nurse applied pressure - it stung, and the wetness didn't feel right at all. After a squeak escaped, he bit his lip to shut himself up, determined not to let it show. Glancing down to Jami, he looked doubtful for a moment, before a spark of hope began to ignite within him. Was she right? Did he really need to know magic..?

But he listened intently, his ears swivelling forth attentively, absorbing every word with intense focus.  Special, he could be special, he could--
...And suddenly, the more he listened, the more his heart fell. The little smile that had begun to show drooped down again.  By the time she finished, he was just plainly staring at her, his expression entirely void of the enthusiasm he'd shown earlier.
"You mean... You mean like a clown." His brows raised with worry.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

"A clown? Goodness no. Clowns do rude things and make jokes. Magicians perform magic." Looking at the cut she decided she was satisfied with it being uncovered. It probably would not start bleeding again, unless he was extreme and ripped any scabs off. Just to finish it off she traced a finger along the line with some magic, encouraging it to heal. Standing up she ball together all the dirty cleaning items. "All cleaned up. You should be okay now. Just don't pick at it, okay?"

Tossing the stuff into a near by bin she turned back to Lunie. "Lun-asola, I'm sure you could find something about them in the Library. Maybe the next time we go to the main land we will get to go see one! They are really cool. I wish I could do some of their tricks, but I am only good at helping people." she gave a small smile towards the kid.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 pm

He knew what a clown was. And he'd seen magicians before. He wanted the kinds of magic he'd seen around the academy. He wanted to fly. He knotted his fingers together, wanting to dispute her words, but he managed to remain silent instead.

As Jami finished, he pulled the leg away, pulling it up so that he could take a closer look at it. It was still sore, but it didn't look very bad any more. Which, he supposed, was a good thing. He nodded to her reluctantly.

The library seemed a viable suggestion, perhaps he could learn something from books... even if they were impossibly difficult to read. It was the latter words he hesitated at. "...You can help with magic." He gnawed on his lip. "I want what you do. Not fake. All I can do is fake." The sadness on his expression melted away into irritation. "You are just making fun of me."
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 pm

A sigh escaped her lips and she looked down at the kid with a bit of sadness. What else was there for her to tell him. She didn't know if he was able to do magic, so there was really no way for her to help him in that area. Jami had really hoped he would like the magician idea, but he didn't seem keen on it now at all. "Lunasola, I really wish I could help you do magic. I really, really do, but I don't know much about your species."

Going over to one of her drawers she pulled out a jar of lolly pops. Heading back to him she held them out to him. "Take as many as you like. My treat." She gave him a soft smile. Her chest hurt a little, feeling like she was letting him down. It wasn't like she could put fairy dust into a bag for him to use though. Her magic didn't work that way. "My best advice for you right now to to research it, if you need help finding the books I would gladly help."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:22 am

How much did species matter when everyone could do it? What made him different? Was there something wrong with what he was? His lip quivered, but he tried to mentally soothe himself. It seemed like Jami cared.

He watched curiously as she walked away, and found himself smiling as she returned with something else in tow. Candy. He rarely got his hands on any, and it was some treat. He sank both hands into the jar, trying to grasp as many lollies as he could. A temporary fix to a more permanent problem, it was, but he didn't take the time to consider that. Not when candy was in question.

His grip was as feeble as anything, so he ended up dropping a fair number. He bent over to pluck them from the floor as he listened. "Okay." With a pause, he pouted. "I don't like reading." Well, not unless it had a ton of pictures, anyway. His gaze dwindled towards her, in an almost pleading manner. "You can read them, yes?" He gestured to himself. "For me?"
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Jami was one of those people who went to books when she had no other way of getting information. She actually had a section of the counter top for her text books. While text books weren't the most entertaining thing ever, she did get a lot out of them when she studied through them. Glad that Lunie had went for the lolly pops Jami set the Jar on the floor, in case he wanted a few more.
she took one out for herself and listened to him.

"Yes, I can read." It seemed she might be getting herself in to some more difficult areas with the kid, but she really wanted to help..."Sure, I don't mind reading them to you. I can't do it all the time though, I need to be here in case someone gets hurt, right?"

She played with the lolly with her tongue moving it around her mouth, green apple flavor. Giving Lunie a little smile she pulled it out of her mouth. "We could bring them up here too." There was a feeling you got when you helped someone, especially a kid, and it was part of the reason Jami liked having healing powers. They gave her an excuse to help more. It was a little selfish in a way, trying to make yourself feel good like this, but it was okay most of the time, cause you aren't the only one who benefits.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 pm

As the jar was set down next to him, he swiftly reached to grab more, despite already holding too many to carry. And upon seeing Jami eating her own, the feluis had quickly decided that he too, wanted to have one now. All the rest dropped to the floor save for one, which he had already started gnawing at. Strawberry. He sat on the floor, ignoring the others as they rolled around his feet.

He listened to Jami, but his expression was remarkably blank - caught somewhere between hope and mild perturbation. "I just want reading," he shrugged. Why did it have to be more complicated than that?

He continued to chew on his lolly, smiling slightly at the fruity taste. For a moment, he seemed distracted, staring off at the distance, before his eyes flicked up towards Jami again.  "Can I trust you?" The question came without much warning, and his expression revealed little but innocent curiosity.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:53 am

Just reading..."Oh, uhm Okay." Jami watched him eat the lolly, he seemed to like it. Yet, he asked another odd question. "I would say so, but I won't tell you what to do. I'd like you to trust me, but whether you do or not is up to you." It was honest and realistic of course. There shouldn't really be a reason for him to not trust her, right? All Jami had tried to do was help him, as far as she could remember.

She observed her lolly pop, it was almost done. Trying to turn things around a bit she looked back at him. "Can I trust you?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 pm

That... wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. No, what Lunasola wanted was a black and white answer. Yes or no. It was really that simple, but this faerie had to go and complicate everything with some unnecessarily long answer. And it was 'up to him'. Well, how could he trust her, if she didn't say that he could? How would he otherwise know that she wouldn't let him down?

And then the question was reflected. For a moment, the thought was weird and foreign - the implication that someone could ever come to rely on him enough for him to be 'trusted'. It came as a surprise... and a sudden new responsibility all at once. Of course, he was not a child any more, was he? The problem was the answer... which depended solely on Jami's. He scrunched his face slightly as he thought. "...Yes, you can." He continued to gnaw on the lolly. It wasn't the full truth... but a little white lie wouldn't hurt anyone in the meantime. "Why you asking?"
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 pm

His answer seemed to have been pretty thought over, but Jami would accept it. She would still be cautious around Lunie, he seemed a little unstable, maybe even having child like tantrums? Why did you ask me? No she couldn't say that, it would probably irritate him. "Because you asked me. If you need to trust me, I think I should be able to trust you too."

Done with her lolly Jami chewed in the paper stick. She waited a little bit in thought before looking back over to him. "So what type of magic would you want to learn? There is a lot, but we need to start small, which will help finding specific books." Not flying...please not flying... Jami had hated flying lessons when she was younger. Too much falling. How would she even get him to fly if he had no wings of magic to elevate himself... Getting a little nervous she bit the inside of her cheek by accident and winced.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Did it have to be a two-way thing? Could he just trust her already? Not only that, couldn't 'trusting' be as easy as asking a simple question and getting an answer? Ideally, the world would be like that; the fact that it wasn't only served to frustrate him. With a low 'hmmm' sort of noise, he crossed his arms, his discontent visible on his face.

The words 'start small' apparently hadn't registered in his head, because the moment she'd finished, he was already out with "Everything." Lunasola didn't really consider himself literally learning every magic known to man and monster alike - at this point, it was a synonym for 'anything'.  After a second's silence, he sighed and continued. "Fire, snow, turning into animals, stones, flying... I want that."

He looked towards her again, his gaze as flat and as expectant as ever.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Okay...she needed some time to think about this for sure. "We will have a look around for those then. Sounds fun." She got up and took the jar with her putting back on to the counter. the piles of lollies around Lunie would hopefully keep him happy for a bit but he'd probably drop them everywhere. A bag would be a good idea. Jami opened a few drawers to look for one.

"Now your leg is going to get better, where are you going to go? Where were going going before the ceiling came in?" Good questions, but would she get a real answer? Finding no bag she pulled out a thin cloth, he could wrap them up at least.

"Put the lollies on this to help carry them."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunasola Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:17 am

He gave a low hum at her words, non-committal to it actually being fun. He wasn't doing this for fun at all, this was no time for games. He peered at the offered cloth. He really didn't have a problem at all carrying them, he could do it fine himself.... But then again, he liked the cloth, so he started to pile the candy atop it while considering her former question.

To be honest, he didn't really know where he was going before. A lot of things had happened since, and plans had changed. Especially now. "Li-bree," he said, the certainty thick in his voice. "For magic books."

He wrapped up the lollies carefully like a newborn baby, before picking up the bundle to hold tightly against his chest. He turned as if starting to leave, with the intention to do just that.
Lunasola
Lunasola
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next