The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Holes [Sheloe & Rein]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Holes [Sheloe & Rein] - Page 2 Empty Re: Holes [Sheloe & Rein]

Post  Rein Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 pm

The silence had seemed to linger a bit heavily around him and he had started into fidgeting with the end of a long strand of hair. The stare was uncomfortable, and even the smile only subsided it somewhat.

The question caught him a bit off guard- it was interested? It was generally accepting it with little qualm and wanted to know more? A large grin started to spread across the young lijk's face.

Perhaps, since it was hard to explain anyway, he should try to do it in a manner it'd be most able to understand? He's try that.

"Well! It's kind of like...Death doesn't take me. I can die, but I always come back. I can extend my life, share what makes us run with something that no longer has it, something he's already taken." It came off nearly as a question. It was odd to speak in such a manner as if solidifying that this God did indeed certainly exist. It was possible, he guessed though. He thought, though, that Death probably wouldn't be very happy with him if he was really thought - having avoided him, and bringing back and taking control of things that he had already taken and thought he'd put to rest.

Oh well.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 pm

The moment the words escaped past her lips, doubt curled in her belly as to whether she hadn't been too blunt in her questioning. The smile on Rein's face seemed to indicate he didn't mind it, though, so her scruple was silenced and she just focused on listening. Her head bobbed lightly up and down as she did so.

It was courtesy, rather than faith, that made him speak in this way, but she truly did appreciate it. Unsurprisingly few cared to be courteous to a monkey.

When he was done, she gave a more firm nod. "I see," she said, then paused, going into  thought. Normally, she was wary of being open about her religion, more so after the reactions she had gotten on this very island, but... from what she could tell so far about him, the willowy necromancer was not the kind of person to hold whatever she believed against her, even if he did disagree in the end. Which he didn't seem to, anyway.

Sheloe peered at him from underneath her bushy brow with a slightly uncertain smile. "I do not know what to make of yours," she admitted. "On one side, seems... fishy, to be messing with what death has already claimed. But on the other..." She couldn't help a slight chuckle. "If I chose to believe what you did was against my lord's will, that would be assuming he can be cheated and his claim, overruled." There were certainly folk tales to that effect, but that was beside the point.

One hand pressed against her chest, wings fluttering open to help her maintain balance, Sheloe knelt on one knee and took a deep bow to Rein.

"I should rather think you blessed."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')
Weight : 16 kg (35 lbs)

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Sheloe-375074505

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Talking often made Rein happy. It was not that he liked hearing his own voice, or wanted to make others listen, but it was rather what talking stood for. He liked the sharing and discussion, the thoughtfulness of it and the effort put into it if done properly. If fact, if done openly, it was a strangely intimate thing. And this is what it seemed now. They were sharing, communicating, exchanging thoughts and knowledge. He enjoyed it.

And so, he sat with a somewhat goofy smile on his face, a little oblivious now to what the monkey may decide to think of him. And, he listened to it voice its thoughts with that same amount of open-minded, curious, indulgence of an eager, innocent child. His grin adopted was lopsided and crooked.

"I guess you're in a pickle." He chuckled lightly and waved off the bow, motioning it to straighten. "I don't think I'd say I'm blessed though...Please, really. I'm very normal, I assure you."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Her head inclined, she watched his expression carefully. As he dismissed her with his gesture, Sheloe gave a light snort of amusement and rose to her feet again. All holy men said that, she supposed. "Admirable humility... There is not one 'normal', however. Normal varies in country, culture, species, person..." She shrugged lightly, seating herself down again on the cold ground. Maybe even winged monkeys were normal for somebody, somewhere.

Sheloe shut her eyes for a moment, then blinked suddenly. "I don't think I got your name?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 pm

He tilted his head in thought.

"I suppose so. But in regard to 'human' being normal as compared to most beings on this island- I'd say I'm rather normal." He mirrored the monkey's shrug with still that lopsided grin.

"I'm Rein. Rein van Roy. Pleasure is all mine." He shifted forward and reached out a hand for a shake. "And yourself?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm

She nodded slowly to his words. "'Human' is such wide spectrum of things, though..." It was a low comment, trailing off in its irrelevance. Sheloe found humans rather strikingly different in various parts of the world, but she supposed there were things universally human that, say, talking baboons didn't possess.

A sigh escaped her. Anyway...

Eyeing the outstretched hand, she rushed to clumsily wipe her own against her fur. This was the second time somebody wanted to shake her hand here. It would take quite a few more to get used to it. "Um, Sheloe Yalana Chizoba al-Keah," she said, smiling apologetically for the length. She grasped his fingers, her hand being not nearly big enough to envelop the whole of his. Her skin was roughly calloused and warm to the touch. "You freely choose what to call me, though. Is of no matter to me." Rein van Roy... it sounded vaguely Germanic, which meant a whole lot of nothing.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 am

Mentally, he conceded that the monkey was right in that, but was more preoccupied with trying to understand the rather long title. The lijk blinked a little blankly as he lightly grasped the hand back. His won was slightly too cool for what was expected from your average human, and his skin was smooth from one seemingly untouched by years and work. A little flicker, barely a trick of the eye, of silver light twirled about at his wrist.

"Ah-- How about...Just...Sheloe, was it? For now." His smile was sincere, reaching his eyes. "Just Rein is fine for me, no need to be formal. We'll wait to see what nick names come up later, kay?" He moved to release the grip and sit back again. "For, I do hope to see more of you, to be honest. You're very interesting to talk to."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 am

A flash, bright in the darkness, made her blink then stare oddly at their hands for a moment. It must have been her imagination, though. She was just tired. As he went on, though, the spark was forgotten and her spirits lifted. It was too good to be true, really... and a little suspicion did flutter somewhere deep within her, but she was determined not to give it voice.

"Sheloe, yes." She nodded vigorously. "Is first name, so natural it used, yes?" She was almost giddy, as silly as it felt. "I should love to meet again too, yes. I think it too. I--"

She cut herself off, her brow stitching and eyes narrowing in focus. 

"There was... the smell of snow," she muttered ponderously, "and the moan of metal bending out of shape... then a crack, and everything got even whiter than before." She shook her head. "So distant, past and future blend in one another... time is a circle, that much is known." She blinked, then realizing she'd been staring at - or through - Rein, she looked away awkwardly. "You... may want to forget this."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm

He was so used to things happening these days, the small sparks. The shocks still stung occasionally, but things were quieting down. He still wasn't sure if that was a pleasant thing or not.

But, it was generally ignored, asides the point, and he kept a large smile on. And he was nodding, up until she drastically changed subject. Then the smile fell slightly, expression becoming more wary.

There was something about what she said, metal creaking, things going white and time, that just didn't sit well. The way she gazed off in his direction, it made him feel as if she were looking at him but not really. Not this current version of him, anyway... The lijk lifted a hand to point in a gesture.

"What was that?" His tone was not angry or hostile, but curious and wary. It also held a note that he would not be able to just simply forget what just happened. Perhaps it was one of those prophet-y things that seemed to happen in stories? She had said she was a prophet, right?
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Inclining her head, Sheloe leaned away slightly at the gesture. Her expression and voice were bordering on guilty. "Uhm... vision. Well, if feeling smell and noise of distant time can be called vision." She cleared her throat. "Prophecy may be better word, but prophecy is like future telling, in English, no? But this not really, it is not a thing that will happen... necessarily... is not future telling. May not be future. May be. But may be not." The more she spoke, the less clear it seemed. She would have liked to blame her lack of fluency in English for the difficulties in explaining, but honestly, it was not easy in any language. She wrung out her hands anxiously, looking to him almost pleading for understanding. "I am sorry for talking out loud, but is such moment different world, not quite here nor there, not really knowing what I do."

Part of the white still lingered, superimposed over Rein, half-transparent like a snowy mist. It was strange, as far as visions went... as it was more of a lack of one.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:42 pm

His expression remained wary and unsettled, but he retracted the finger. He guess it made sense? About as much sense as it could. In any case, it didn't sound particularly menacing.

"No. No, it's alright." He assured. "I was just...concerning. For me. Because, just especially at what you said." He trailed off. "But it's fine, no harm done. I'm not saying don't do it, just...it was a little creepy." Says the guy who lived around zombies. But, it reminded him of Owen's mirror so long ago. And THAT, that had been creepy. The boy suppressed a shiver.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Well... he still wasn't angry, just disturbed. That counted for something. Sheloe let some tension drain from her shoulders. That was a nice reaction, all things considered. "I am glad to be hearing," she said, nodding vigorously, then giving an awkward chuckle. "Not hearing that it's creepy, that it's alright... though creepy is true, too, of course. Being spouted nonsense at by strange animal from dug hole... at Sun's death... creepy, yes."

Sheloe shifted slightly in her seat. The white had mostly cleared, with only a few lingering wisps on the edges of her sight, fading away from Rein. It was interesting, how she could tell they were not really there.

But, that aside, and reassurances aside... there had to be a reason. It was delicate ground to tread, though. For now, until she could tell how he felt, she just watched him with curious eyes.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 pm

A grin returned to his face. The boy found the way the other talked to be entertaining and pleasant.

"I suppose when you put it that way, it seems a little odd-er." He rocked back and forth on his bottom a moment. "Though really, you think I'd be used to odd, creepy, things by now. You're hardly the weirdest thing I've encountered in my lifetime." He paused, eyeing the baboon a moment. "And I get the feeling that's not the creepiest thing you've ever said, in yours. Especially if that vision-non-vision thing happens often."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Sheloe bowed her head, as if flattered by being named 'hardly the weirdest thing'. At what followed, though, she had to look up with a guilty smile. "You feel well. There've been worse." Nothing would beat telling a man his life was about to end moments before it did - through an accident... or was that even creepy? It was satisfying, that much she knew. He finally found his well-deserved rest.

She scratched her head. "Actually, I am thinking my creepy sensors may be off, honest... I would say it because to keeping strange company, but I think it because to company of myself." She chuckled slightly. "Such it is. Sad fact that most find mentions of my lord creepy... at best. I am guessing you would know of that, yes."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2