The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

The Spider's Parlour

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Spider's Parlour Empty The Spider's Parlour

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:13 pm

There were two knocks on the door of Kale's office before the door slowly opened. Risiko always felt that entering someone's room was trespassing if they weren't there, and it never sat right with him, even with permission (or, in this case, orders). He looked around cautiously, looking for any sign of the harpy, before entering as quietly as he could, closing the door behind him. He had shed his bag and replaced it with a tray containing two cups and saucers, two small glasses, and a thermos full of strawberry tea. The fingers of his right hand were wrapped around the neck of a bottle of Marillenschnaps. All taken from the kitchen of course. Crowley may or may not have been happy to help him, but it was more enjoyable to do as one pleased.

The room in general was very pleasing to Risiko. Wood furniture and green things, books and room to work as well as relax all suited him well. From what he knew of Kale, he had expected spartan quarters, nothing but the bare minimum. Still quiet, as if loud footsteps would bring unwanted attention, he made his way over to the chairs and chessboard. There was no coffee table, and short of sweeping all the pieces off, no room on the chessboard either for the tray. Deciding the opposite chair was better than the floor, Risiko deposited it there before sitting in the chair opposite.

While waiting, he felt the urge to look around, go up the stairs, rummage through the book titles, see what was in the desk. The only thing that held him to the chair was the thought of Kale becoming irked at finding him snooping. She had just about asphyxiated him just as a demonstration. Who knew what she would do as a punishment? Better to sit in the chair and stare at the game. And as he stared, thinking, the room was dark, the chair was comfortable, and the night was quiet. Slowly, his eyes closed, and chin met chest as he fell asleep.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Height : 195 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://axleoflight.deviantart.com/#/d5pkite

Back to top Go down

The Spider's Parlour Empty Re: The Spider's Parlour

Post  Kale Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Silently whispering feathers guided the harpy down softly to the entrance of the South Foyer. With measured strides, the woman entered and proceeded back and to the right, finding the second door to her office with practiced ease. The night was particularly quiet, and the clicks of talons were muted on the running carpet. She let herself into the room quietly, door positioned and entering to on an angle between the fireplace and where the chess table was set up. She didn't have to look far to find the body propped up in the chair.

The woman stepped in, the air of the room seeming to adjust in eager greeting of her presence, and looked over him vaguely. Ebony eye was set half-mast in a blank expression. She didn't know what she thought of the boy, but the sight of him settled in a room of hers made her miss the person who used to be there when she returned. Really...when had she started taking in so many rug-rats?

Turning, she at first ignored the sleeping body and looked around her office. Nothing seemed disturbed, and at least he had had the sense to stay away from the more work-related area of her space. And, that he hadn't put the food near any sort of work area that may have had something dangerous on it - contamination wise, anyway. Gaze flickered back to Risiko. Well, maybe he wasn't a complete waste of grey matter.

Kale stepped up to the occupied chair and her voice was light when it came, head tilted to the side and hand raised to lightly brush at his hair. A breeze moved with her.

"Your neck will hurt if you stay like that."

How many times had she said this, now? But Risiko would never replace her deer.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Risiko was dreaming. He was standing on checkered tiles of light and dark brown. He looked around. On one side there were a number of shadowy figures. In dreaming, he couldn't count them, but there didn't seem to be more than a dozen or so. He looked around again. On the other side there weren't people, there were shapes of different sizes, none of them alike. He couldn't make them out. There was something very familiar about the whole thing. People were standing too far apart, too evenly spaced.

A chessboard. Risiko was on a chessboard, standing in the middle intersection. He tried to move to the people, ask them why he was here, but found he couldn't move beyond turning around. Suddenly he noticed something behind the row of people, a much larger figure. It was a towering Kale, her arms crossed, standing at least a hundred feet tall. He turned to the other side, to see the other player. It was... Risiko? But he wore a smirk, looked more... aggressive, more confident. Confused, Risiko was just about to voice his concern with the whole situation when both Kale and his towering self started reaching for him.  Both hands came closer, coming to grab him…

“HUUUUUH” Risiko gasped loudly as he woke to Kale touching his hair. His eyes were wide and eyebrows high. He stared up at the gigantic Kale for a moment before coming to the realization she was not huge, but regular sized. He had fallen asleep.  Risiko breathed in slowly, shrugging and massaging his forehead with his palms.  Breathing out, he looked up and smiled with tired eyes.
“Goodnight Kale. How are you?”
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:33 pm

The harpy pulled back sharply with a small jump as the boy suddenly gasped to wakefulness. She gave him a look with raised eyebrow briefly as if to question if all was well, but nodded in greeting.

"Goodnight. I am well." The woman straightened. "Wish I could say the same for you. Are you rather all right, there? You appear unsettled." She paused by him to keep the look on his form before taking a step back to give more space. Pulling her gaze away, Kale reached out to pick up the pieces of the chess game and collect them in her arms.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 am

He rose slowly from the chair and started picking up the chess pieces from the opposite side of the board. Hm! How humorous, considering Risiko's dream. Which piece was he here?
"Being woken up has always been sort of a shock for us. But I'm really fine. Just tired. It's been awhile since I've been awake this long." He looked up at Kale. "I hope you finished your errand uneventfully?"
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:37 am

The woman hummed a bit noncommittally in answer.

"Quite." Ebony glanced to him briefly. "And well, then, we wont keep this long." When she had finished picking up the white side of the board, she turned and deposited them upon the chair next to the tray in towards the crease of back and seat cushions meeting. Then, hands grabbed both sides of the tray and lifted it to be placed upon the cleared checkered battlefield when Risiko had finished his.

"All I'm wanting is for you to tell me exactly what these plans are of yours. What were you thinking, coming to me? And what is your idle end goal here? Better safe than sorry, so really, better more detail than less." the last sentence had a harder tone just underneath the surface. She was booking no room for dilly dally games.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 am

Unsure of what to do with the black pieces, he followed Kale's example and dumped them on the opposite chair she did. Seemed somewhat right that the black and white pieces should be on different chairs, just as they had been on different sides of the board. He was disappointed at the immediate business, but did not show it. There was a certain... art to getting at the subject you wanted. A sort of conversational volley. To bluntly ask a question, while faster, was never as enjoyable.

He thought for a moment before answering. "These are going to need a great deal of background to answer fully. Why don't we sit and at least let me get something to drink?" He suggested politely.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

A silent moment hung in the air as she didn't immediately answer. The woman set to placing the tray on the checkered table and fused with the tea. Time was taken to inspect the nature of the tea, giving tale to how picky her tastes could be. When it seemed to meet some sort of set standard, Kale looked back over to the boy with too soft a smile.

"Of course." She took the top off the thermos and held it around its base, seeming to cradle it a moment. Eventually, steam once again started to rise from its contents. Pouring the liquid evenly into the awaiting cups on saucers, she moved one over to his side of the table. The other, she took for herself, placing the thermos back on the tray. The Marillenschnaps would wait for now.

Turning, wings expanded as the harpy seated herself, feathers parting over the arms of the chair. One leg was promptly slipped over the other, cup held delicately with both hands above black skirted lap. Ebony eye was filled with an expectant look.

"Make yourself comfortable."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Taking his cup, he slowly sat down as far back as he could. "Thank you" he said for both the invitation and the tea. He sipped it slowly and sat silently for a little while while thinking carefully about his answers.  

"So... my plans, my goal, and why I came to you..." he said, looking up at her. "These aren't a chain of answers, they're a web. There's no simple answer beyond that I want to escape." His hand gripped the cup a bit tighter. "You said earlier that my mistake was letting you know that I was desperate. Maybe it was. But a man serving a life sentence is only thinking about how to get out of his... his... " He gave a small chuckle and relaxed some. "Well, I suppose in my case, they're 'mind forged manacles', though I doubt Blake ever meant it so literally. To put it simply, I am trapped in the mind of the person you know as Risiko Bann"

"Now, the reason I talked to you is, frankly, you seem to look out for you own interests. Your librarian, for example, seems only interested in sating his curiosity. And your students, no offense" he shrugged apologetically "didn't seem to have an eye for opportunity."

He held the tea in one hand while gesturing towards her with the other. "At the moment, I need someone with both the capacity and willingness to take advantage of a poor, trapped, victim of fate" he ended in a mock pleading voice.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:47 pm

She let him have his moment of silent thought, and focused on her tea. She had always enjoyed strawberries, their sweetness but not overpowering nature. Same as this tea, sweet, but not overbearing. The woman took a few sips, letting it sit on her tongue between.

It was when Risiko spoke again that her gaze refocused on him. Nothing from her interrupted, but a single eyebrow did raise. Trapped in the mind of Risiko. That meant...that the person holding conversation was not actually M. Bann?

Kale waited until he was finished before she brought the tea cup down away from her mouth with something of a finality. The cup clicked as it met its saucer. This was not in his file.

"So, it seems new renewed introductions are in order. If not to Risiko Bann, to whom am I speaking?" The harpy's head tilted slightly. "Besides, in what manner are you hoping to be taken advantage of, and what makes you think I am the type of person to do that at all?" Expression was slightly pouting, turned just coyly just enough that it was not entirely offended but more playful for someone who could read it.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 am

He opened his arms and grinned, nearly causing the cup to fall off the saucer. "Well, I suppose I must be Sicher Bann." He said a bit proudly. Oooh, to finally be able to say it out loud was quite the thrill for Sicher.

He leaned forwards and spoke softly. "Any and all ways that will convince someone I'm worth having around. And I mean that quite literally." His voice and grin lessened until they were little more than a whisper and smirk. Both hands held onto the cup and saucer that had moved onto his leg.

Sicher leaned back against the chair and brought the cup to his lips for another sip. "And you and I both know you already are. If I recall correctly, our arrangement on the path might be summed up as 'Sicher is now the sole property of Kale, for her use only'. " He gave a chuckle, imagining some sort of document drawn up with those words. It would not be much of an exaggeration.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am

Well, this just might prove to be interesting. Her look on him was level and only mildly curious and entertained. She leaned back smoothly against the chair, feathers bristling against the cushions.

"No." Her tone was light and even, flippant almost, but very concrete for no argument. Smooth skin slid as she slowly uncrossed her legs and recrossed them on the opposite side, leaning and propping right elbow on the arm of the chair. Free hand - not holding the saucer at her lap - angled up and splayed fingers supported her head delicately with tip of pointer at her temple and pinky at the corner of her lips. There was no jest to her expression now. Oh, it was full of amusement and playfulness, but it was of no kind sort. Revealed was exactly the woman capable as he described and so much more. "'Sicher and Risiko Bann are now the sole property of Kale, for her unlimited and uninhibited use only.' By association, you see." Her hand left her head to roll through the air before it returned to its position." She paused a breath for that to sink, but started again as if it were accepted and continuing on with business. "So now I must ask, who are you trying to convince?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:48 am

"Hmph!" Sicher grunted, turning to face the fireplace. "Well, you'll have to work out a deal with him then. Risiko didn't agree to help you, and he certainly won't remember us talking. And I would certainly appreciate you not to mention me to him."

Sicher turned back to the harpy with a disdainful smirk on his face. "But he is so spineless, he'll probably do anything you ask anyways. Either because he tries to be so 'helpful'" He mocked "or out of fear. Probably both."

The tea cup was emptied as Sicher brought it to his lips one last time. Releasing a satisfied 'ahhh', he placed the vessel on the chessboard. His arms rested on the chair's own, and he steepled his fingers.
"As we've agreed, from now on it is you, and only you." He said business like.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 pm

A delicate eyebrow raised.

"Why should I care for your appreciation? It will be a bother for me to not know who it is anyone is currently talking to and to have one of you completely unaware of your alliance to me. You'll have to give me a good reason." She turned her chin up, not entirely pleased with this round about. However, it seemed to be appeased somewhat at his final answer. The harpy leaned forward, uncrossing her legs, and placed the tea cup and saucer on the table.

"So... you don't want anything from me regarding figuring out how to get you out of your predicament or anything of the like?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 am

"You might loose me if you try for him as well. I know Risiko. It would not be an exaggeration to say I know him better than he knows himself. We've shared the same body for our entire lives." Sicher replied, lowering his eyes from Kale to his knees. "If Risiko learned that I existed, he would very likely try to cure himself of me, as I am of him, or at least lock me away."

He gave a bitter laugh. "Risiko wastes his freedom. He avoids pacts and agreements like the plague, but ends up being a slave to everybody in his eagerness to please."

Eyes went back up to Kale's in a firm stare. "I am much more useful. I help only myself and those who help me. Which seems to only be you"

There! That should be a good enough reason for her! Sicher thought. And, truth be told, it felt good to rant about his other to somebody. So useless! How unfair it was that Risiko was given the opportunity to use their potential, and chose to waste it!

Sicher raised his eyebrows and head to clarify. He turned a small smile, glad that they had gotten to his needs. "I was actually hoping you would try to think of something. All plans that I've tried either didn't work, or couldn't be performed by myself"
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 pm

The woman listened with seeming little interest, or rather bothersome boredom. Eventually, she sighed. Such work she always had dropped on her.

"Fine. I'll deal with him later." Kale turned her hand absently in the air, leaning back into the chair, legs crossing, with body angled. Her other hand undid the single button holding her jacket closed so it wouldn't pull, showing more of the blood red button-down underneath. "As for your predicament, well off the top of my head, I only have a few ideas that might work and would be readily available for me to put together without you having given me any real specific information." Her expression was still flat, as if this were no big deal, but as she looked at him again, it turned sharper. "However, this is not my top priority and I'm not even sure I want you fully out yet. We'll see how this all works out and if I decide I want to keep you around." And then the sharpness was gone, back to passive thoughtfulness.

"How does this work, anyway? Why are you out now, does something trigger it or is it random?" To be honest, she felt slightly weirded out with the two people in one body thing - having to deal with who was who at a given moment. Perhaps it'd be sufficiently entertaining though.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 am

"I'm sure you'll do what's best" Sicher murmured into his shoulder as he turned back to the fireplace and let his arms fall crossed onto his lap. Risiko was a waste of time anyways. Mentally, he wagered how long it would take Kale to figure that out. It had taken him twelve.

Kale unbuttoning her jacket his back attention well enough. Though he didn't move, his eye moved from her hand to her face rapidly. Sicher turned to face the harpy as she continued to speak. He gave a small smirk at her pointed expression.
"Fair enough. I'm certain you'll come to... appreciate what I can offer though."

Sicher inhaled deeply again while arching his back some.
"I came out because I wanted to" he said after relaxing. "As far as I see it, we're two souls controlling one body." Sicher held up his left forefinger and thumb together to illustrate.
"Normally Risiko" and he wiggled the forefinger "is the most present. But I" the tip of his thumb moved "am always slightly there, always listening. Sometimes" Sicher slowly moved the forefinger forwards, sliding the thumb up it "I can put more of myself in, influence his actions. Other times" he curled up the finger, leaving only his thumb out "I take complete control"

Sicher put his hand fall back down to his lap, crossing its' opposite. "Only for a little while though. The only reason I'm not dominant all of the time is for how much it exhausts me." He turned his head slightly and raised his eyebrows shortly with a small smile. "Answer your question well enough?" he asked cheekily.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 pm

The woman listened attentively with slightly narrowed eye. It was a look that spoke of a mind rapidly processing behind. She eventually made a humming noise.

"Well enough, for now." A critical look level on him and she let the silence linger a moment in contemplation, quirking an eyebrow at his cheek. Eventually, Kale seemed to come to some sort of decision and stood up in a fluid motion. Wings opening and stretching back, she first reached behind her to unbutton the bottom back of her jacket hidden under the mass of feathers. Then, she stretched her arms up and used one hand to tug at the sleeve of the other arm. Doing this back and forth, the jacket loosened its hold on her body and she shimmied the article of clothing off, the altered opening in the back of the jacket pulled off from over her second, feathered set of shoulders. It was obviously a practiced motion, and she let the black fabric drop into the chair behind her. It appeared now revealed, that the red button down shirt hadn't been buttoned that high up passed where the jacket had dipped either.

She stretched before wings folded back in and she bent to grab the alcohol from the tray.

"How long can you stay?"
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:14 am

Business, drinks and a show! What a night! Sicher leaned to the back of the chair and rested his arms on the chair's. A pleased expression appeared on his face, though neither lecherous nor crude, but calm, like a critic examining antique pottery.

And what a vase she is Thought Sicher. Not only well sculpted, but putting the space to good use. There are too many pretty vases holding nothing and taking up space. Kale had knowledge. Kale had cunning. Kale could kill. Much more valuable, much more useful than an empty decoration. "That is an interesting dance" Sicher quipped. "You must show me how to do it sometime"

Attention shifted to the alchohol tray for a moment. He silently tried to figure how much an effect it would have on his control of the body. "Tonight, until I fall asleep" He answered back. Sicher could relinquish control at any time, in fact, but that would often be leaving Risiko in an awkard situation.

Sicher turned back to Kale. "Now, you gave me a most wonderful demonstration of what you can do. I must ask though, what was it? Weather control? Air manipulation? " He guessed, adopting a different angle and eyebrow combination with each one.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:05 am

Kale paused, and gave him an odd look, head tilted slightly and weight shifting with hand on hip angled out. The other still held the neck of the bottle and a feather flicked. She looked more amused than anything.

"What, you mean show you how to take my clothes off?" Her smile split, showing teeth in a soft grin. Rolling her weight across her hips, she stepped forward. It was unclear if it was a rhetorical question or one actually awaiting an answer. And as she filed away the sleeping bit in the back of her mind -- alright, so it might have something to do with turning off the brain... --, she shrugged.

"As for your question: both. But nothing so limited. My power is such that I could have chosen to do anything I was creative enough to think of." The harpy lifted her hand and gave it a flip in the air. "If I understand how it works with physics and energy flow, I can control it." Her eye met his solidly and the woman suddenly smiled again. "Which, is actually why I would like to try something later, but we'll get to that in time."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:46 am

Whites showed as Sicher returned the grin. "You were a teacher, and I did come here to learn. I'm sure you could devise a lesson". He'd never show nor admit it but the way she stepped forwards made him nervous. Just a little though. A reprimand might be coming, or worse.

Sicher's face silently said 'ah'. Now that would be useful! All they had to do was understand how it worked, and he could be 'cured'. Easier said than done, he supposed. "Oh?" he asked. "I will be counting the hours."

He stood up and stepped towards Kale. Grabbing the two glasses, Sicher held them up, one in each hand. "Now, are you just going pour us some, or just admire the bottle?"
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Cocky brat. Kale's grin widened just a fraction and her gaze trailed up and down his form as he stood before returning to his face. Her tone was not loud, just amused fact.

"I don't think you'd survive that lesson." Her head was slightly down turned, challenging eye looking up at him from underneath strands of gold, orange and blonde. Ebony eye did flick down to the offered glass eventually though. Hm, well, she was going to just drink from the bottle, but she supposed there was some reason to still be classy...

Opening the container, the harpy tipped it up to pour an even amount into both of the glasses Sicher held. She resealed it and placed it on the chess table before reaching for one of the drinks.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 pm

"I'm hurt" Sicher responded facetiously with a face of mock sorrow. What was that supposed to mean? he wondered. Maybe he should stop digging.

Her glass handed off to her, he raised his slightly. "So... to what do we make this out to? Our success? Other's failure? Or proving you wrong?" He had ditched the shovel and returned with a backhoe.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am

Features were angled, as if slightly hostile, but too playfully to be truly so. It was more of a thinly jested warning if read correctly.

"Not yet you're not." Her tone was low, daring. There wasn't all that much distance between them left and she decided to close it. Sauntering forward the mere short steps, she lifted her right arm to pass her hand over Sicher's left shoulder, holding her glass lightly in her other hand. Her wrist would rest lightly on him, and despite the current air of her and the previous sentence, her moves were slow and not particularly alarming.

"All. Cheers." Kale lifted her glass.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Risiko Bann Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:18 am

Adrenaline surged briefly through his body as Kale's steps triggered a fight-or-flight response. Sicher let himself enjoy the rush before calming himself. He seriously doubted she would actually hurt him. Badly.

Sicher raised an eyebrow and his lids lowered. "Oh?" he said quietly. Her arm was lighter than he would have expected. -Why not?- was the response as a thought ran through his head. -In for a penny, in for a pound-. He wrapped his right hand around Kale's waist and clinked his glass around hers.

"Well, if you insist" he said playfully before downing the liquid.
Risiko Bann
Risiko Bann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: