The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin) Empty New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 am

A new room. He couldn't exactly claim to be pleased about this. Because a new room meant a new roommate. And a new roommate was not Ndale.
However, he would take the set back graciously and turn it to his advantage- perhaps this would be his chance for a little entertainment. Ndale wasn't around very often these days anyway- in fact this probably wouldn't be much of a bother at all really- but he was stilled slightly annoyed about it.

He sighed and looked around the room. He didn't own much stuff himself (and what he did own he had stolen) so it fitted neatly into a couple of suitcases to one side. He wished he could make the room more HIS the way some people did. However he didn't presume they would let him grow a small forest inside the castle itself. Not to mention that would take far too long to be effective. Unless he picked up a patch of already existing forest and moved it there. But still-it wouldn't make the space big enough to hide in.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Height : 180
Weight : 54

http://spaschick.deviantart.com/gallery/31009203?offset=0#/d4o69

Back to top Go down

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin) Empty Re: New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

Post  Zin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 am

In one small, haphazardly taped together backpack was the “you-can't-live-in-the-human-world-can-go-without-stuff,” like clothes and a tooth brush. His arms were aching from the strain of carrying an enormous stack of Encyclopedias, a few balanced perfectly on his head. The balancing part wasn't hard. The ache in his fingers was. The bag slung over his shoulder was bursting with prank supplies: a strange feathery scarf trailing out one end, a hammer peeking out of a side pocket. He had a paintbrush, still wet, resting in the curve of one pointed, sharp ear.

Zin paused in front of the door, staring at it blankly for a moment. He'd never had a room mate before. A room mate felt...dangerous. But so long as it wasn't Risiko he was rooming with, he was reasonably confident in his ability to keep control of the situation. Without the hands to open the door himself, wondering if his room mate was already there, he banged his foot against the door in a funny pattern, humming to himself.
Zin
Zin

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://philoscaelum.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Zin-358859546

Back to top Go down

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin) Empty Re: New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 am

He heard banging on the door and looked around, his ghost light bobbing up and down around him in anticipation. Someone new. Hopefully anyway- what if it was someone he already knew? Or someone who didn't like him already... boring. Although then he got to be as spiteful as he liked towards them which was a plus. Otherwise if it was someone he was already friendly with there was little fun to be had at all.

Either or, he was about to find out. He threw the small bag of Ndales things that he'd stolen for himself into the corner (cloths etc.) with his other stuff and turned to face the doorway. "Helloooo~?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 am

Zin was struggling to keep the top encyclopedia, far above his head, from falling off the stack. God forbid it be dropped from such a height- what if it was damaged? The thought was actually making his pulse pick up a big. It was a challenge balancing the ones on his head and counterbalancing the stack in his arms: he'd managed well enough while he was walking, but now that he was stationary...

“Hi, new roomie here! Quick, help me open the door, but- eh- be careful!” he called out in a somewhat distracted manner, unable to even see the door. He quickly moved a little to the left, shifting his weight to his right foot, attempting to maintain the stack from tumbling over. He didn't know which book he'd go diving for if that happened. Perhaps the painbrush hadn't been a good idea: Zin had to crane his neck back in order to keep the wet paint from touching his beloved hardcover books.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:31 am

Oh.. they were... carrying lots of stuff? Made sense- they were probably trying to do it all in one trip like he had.
So he went over to the door at a light pace, grasping the handle and opening the door- slowly as they had said to be careful, and if he was going to do something to upset them he wanted it to be intentional. More fun that way. He could guess their reaction first.

So he slowly opened the door, putting his trademark soft smile on. "Here you go.."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 am

The soft smile was lost on Zin, who was hidden behind the solid wall of books he was struggling to keep from tumbling over and burying them alive. The black notebook that contained all of his prank ideas fell from his overstuffed prank bag. Without thinking about it, he leaned back on his heel and snapped out his right foot, managing to catch it in some sort of juggling miracle in the crook of his ankle.

Balancing on one foot a little precariously, he attempted to peer around the stack to get a look at his room mate, the paintbrush smacking him in the forehead and leaving a bright green mark. “Hi. I don't have as much stuff as it looks like. It's just the books and the fake dead stuff I found for Halloween.” He offered a slightly crooked, sheepish grin. "My name is Zin."
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 am

Shae blinked at the teetering stack of knowledge before him unsure of whether or not he should help his new roomie with the books that threatened to squash him under their wealth of information. He stepped back on instinct instead as the pile very nearly fell.

His smile didn't falter however, although he did raise a brow at "not as much stuff as it looks like"- well sure it wasn't that much to own but... it was certainly a lot to carry. "Hah I see- would you like some help there?" he offered bemused slightly at the dripping green paint that was brushed aside so easily. He wondered if the other had noticed it yet? He didn't think he'd point it out either way. "A fan of Halloween are you?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:53 am

The help would be appreciated, considering now he didn't even have two legs to use...although Zin supposed it would be amusing, and almost certainly disastrous, if he hopped into the room with his burden. “It might help keep us from being buried alive under all the books,” he agreed. Although dying by being crushed by encyclopedias...well, that may be his ideal way to go, to be honest...

Upon the mention of All Hallows, his teeth grew just a tiny bit sharper, his excitement poking through his normally carefully maintained human glamor, his smile a tad too wide. “There is no greater celebration than Halloween,” he replied, the gravity of his tone disproportionate to the bemusement on his face. He side stepped in order to counterbalance the stack again, getting smacked with the paintbrush once more, to which he shot a slightly annoyed glance. Perhaps not his best plan, to paint a mural on the dining room floor before coming here...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 am

He grinned slightly and reached out to take the stack off the other boys head... and then reached out to grab the one on his foot as well as an afterthought. That way he could at least walk. "It is one of my favourites- people tend not to notice things they might normally, I mean you can practically get away with murder" he chuckled casually. He'd gotten away with murder numerous times although none at the island and only once in town. But it was an amusing phrase to him.

He put the books down beside him- this guy could move them later.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Zin offered a crooked smile in form of gratitude when Shae took the book, carefully sliding into the room past the other, focused on not dropping his beloved cargo. Moving made balancing easier: stopping once he was in the room was another matter, and he had to do several small side steps to keep the stack from swaying, almost a strange jig.

Very carefully he knelt down and eased the stack in his arms on the floor, head perfectly still so the books on his head wouldn't slip. Once the major burden was gone, his hands free, he steadied the hardcovers on his head and turned to shoot a mischievous smirk at Shae. It had almost sounded like his new room mate was implying he was into pranks, which Zin had hardly dare hope for. “Trick or prank,” he agreed. “Forget the treats. Scaring people, and pranking them, is my true calling in life.”

His destiny, his purpose, his greatest accomplishments...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 am

((EEP sorry for the delay!!!))

Shae chuckled. So this guy was a born and bread trickster huh?
Interesting. Very interesting. Perhaps this would be fun after all.

He shrugged in response.
"Personally I happen to like "treats" candy, etc..." he paused a second his expression as though he was considering this. "So it becomes something more like trick AND treat..." his smile returned once more, stretching wider than ever. Trick and Treat. Yeah, that sounded about right.

Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 pm

((No worries!))

The godfairy dumped his bags on what he guessed was “his” bed with considerable carelessness to how he'd placed the books. He winked as he slid past Shae to pick up the books the other had set aside, much more careful and attentive to them, holding them almost like a parent cradled a child. “Best of both worlds,” he agreed. “We should make All Hallows all year long...start by pranking our neighbors...We could start by ty-”

The godfairy stopped himself, aware he was about to go rambling off plans when his room mate hadn't necessarily agreed to help. When he had done that before, (spouting off fun, brilliant, LOVELY ideas) no one in the castle seemed to react with as much...enthusiasm as he hoped they would. (Poor lost souls. They'd lived in such a dull world unenlightened by intelligent mischief.) He was pretty sure that was where he had gone wrong before with all the others...

So maybe if he took things slow with his room mate, he could actually get a prank partner in the end...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 am

His smile widened some more and he chuckles.
Well then... very entertaining indeed. He wasn't used to partnering up with people when menacing others but he supposed there was always a first time. Of course he couldn't let his own true nature be exposed here- there was a difference between pranks and murder. To some people anyway.

"Certainly sounds enjoyable..." he agreed as though mulling over the thought. "I haven't been pulling too many pranks in my own time here but I suppose I haven't really had much of a chance. A few here or there sure but nothing to big- been busy with.... other things." As if other things was old classes and reading, and not sex and murder. "Maybe this is my chance to get back into the swing of things..."

Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:28 am

Zin looked a little hopeful, and by the time Shae was done speaking, he'd broken out into a gleeful smile. “Perfect! I've been trying to start some prank wars, but no one seems interested. It's beyond frustrating,” he vented, dramatically sighing and rolling his eyes. “I can't tell you how many old classrooms I've turned upside down, how many things I've ruined, how many surprise pranks I've set up around the castle... I'm not sure what it takes to get people to /laugh/ and /startle/ around here.” He caught himself once more, before he launched into a rant and possibly scared Shae off. “Anyways- maybe with you're help, more people will take notice.”

For a moment, he was tempted to ask what kind of other things Shae had been busy with that had kept him from such a beautiful sport like pranking, but the godfairy refrained. The goal here was NOT to come on too strong, to tone it down. Bombarding his room mate with questions- well, he'd have the foreseeable future to do that.

"What kind of creature are you, anyways?" he asked instead, tilting his head with curiosity. That was a safe question, yes? Probably good to know about a room mate...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 am

Shae liked this guy. He was interesting. Fun. A good new toy to play with.
Maybe they COULD start something together. He certainly wouldn't say no to causing mayhem with someone else. He might turn around and stab them in the back for fun but he certainly enjoyed the idea of pulling team pranks.

What kind of creature was he... he hesitated a moment. He couldn't say just anything to that he knew that much. The name of his species would give it all away. He'd have to be carefully cryptic- but when wasn't he? It was in lying and manipulating that his talents lay.

"Me? I'm a sort of... physical spirit I suppose. I'm not alive, but I'm definitely all here. Perhaps like a perfectly preserved undead. Something like that- to be honest I know so little about myself that I'm not entirely sure." he shrugged as if it didn't matter too much. "How about you? What manner of magical intelligence are you labelled as?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 am

As an automated response, Zin's attention was refocused when Shae hesitated before answering. The godfairies, incapable of lying, had to be careful when they told half truths, and a pause like that almost always indicated they'd taken an extra moment to formulate a careful response. After a second, one Shae had started speaking, Zin brushed away the suspicion with a mental shrug. Assigning godfairy meaning to someplace outside of the the Citedal was absolutely useless- who knew what that hesitation meant? Maybe it really was just a complicated answer.

Besides, Shae had no reason to lie.

“A spirit?” Zin moved a bit closer to Shae, forgetting that many creatures from the human world had different personal space needs than the fairies. He tilted his head curiously, squinting as if to make sure Shae hadn't suddenly turned half visible. He'd have reached out and touched his new room mate, just to make sure he was there, but he Shae had moved the books all right, so he assumed the other could at least take some sort of solid form.

“Godfairy. Grant wishes, change appearances, only distantly related to the nature fairies you've probably heard of,” he listed off, distracted- much in the same manner as Shae, actually, as if the answer didn't matter that much. “Are you a certain TYPE of spirit?” he asked, very curious. “To be clear, not a ghost- I've met ghosts- but something else? I'm not sure. I can't remember the human words for it.”
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:00 am

A fairy huh? Interesting.. definitely interesting. He could grant wishes? Even more interesting.
"Nature fairies.. er.. I suppose I have heard of them- I'm not actually very well learned in fairy biology" he chuckled. Despite all his time in the library, fairies wasn't a topic he'd looked into very heavily. Perhaps it was one he would look into now though.

"Well... It's a bit hard to explain honestly, my body is.. well.." he struggled to find the right words to give only the right information. "I am dead. Have been for a very long time- but unlike a zombie I'm not deteriorating over time- my body is still perfectly preserved and for the most part working." He shrugged. "To be honest I don't actually know exactly what I am- it's one of the reasons I came here, to try and figure that out." His ghost light was still bobbing around the other room in a lazy nonchalant way. He'd probably have to explain that as well somehow. "Oh and.. well there's this ball of light that follows me around but I'm not too sure what that is either. I call it the ghost light."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm

His eyes followed the light for a moment, tracking the bobbing motion. Since he preferred to keep his irises as dark as his pupils, it was impossible to tell when his eyes became dilated or not. Old hunting instincts died hard, and it took a moment to convince himself that tackling the light would probably not be a good idea and make a fairly humorous first impression. The most likely result was landing on his face.

Still. Tempting.

He forced himself to look at Shae, and away from the ghost light. “So you remember dying then?” he asked, curious despite the glowing distraction. “Is it just light?” He pointed at the orb. “Or is it solid?” He still got the feeling Shae was concealing information, but that was something the godfairy understood well. It wasn't like he was going to tell Shae everything about his type of species either- far too many weaknesses that could be exploited. Not that it wouldn't keep him from prying a little bit every now and then.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 pm

He followed the gaze that was now directed towards his ghost light. It bobbed about, seemingly as indifferent to conversation as ever.
"Well I... I think it's just light- it's not solid in any case but..." he paused. He really didn't know. "I.. I don't know, sorry."
Sadly between the things he actually knew and the things he was willing to share there was very little information to give. So he often had to disappoint those with many questions. Still, questions sometimes helped him find answers. "I'm afraid I really do know very little about myself..."

It was interesting- every time he had this conversation it came out a little differently, he was glad people didn't tend to discuss him much- apparently anyway. If they did they may notice the inconsistencies in what he said. It was hard to remember exactly what his 'story' was- although easy enough to explain those inconsistencies away as him just not quite knowing. So at the same time it probably wouldn't matter.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 pm

“Does it ever go out?” he asked, head moving as he watched the orb bounce, walking over to it. “Does it follow you everywhere?” He glanced at Shae again, but only for a moment, his gaze dragged back to the ghost light. Almost instantly he wanted to know how it would react with his glamour magic- that alone would tell him several things, even if he had no reaction what so ever. “Is it dangerous? Can I touch it? Can-” he broke off again, realizing he had been asking too many questions.

“I must sound like I'm interrogating you,” he said suddenly, with an apologetic smile. It was a nice thing to be able to convey an apology in a smile; he wouldn't have been able to voice it out loud, not truly regretful of asking so many questions. How could he be? The fact that Shae DIDN'T know the answers only made him want to ask more. “I can ramble a lot, so just tell me to shut up when I start talking too much,” he told his new room mate.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 am

Questions questions questions- it was a good thing he was in a good mood. He just wished he knew how to answer them all at once.
"Uhm- it doesn't go out but I can make it disappear- it randomly wanders around my general area- It might be- I wouldn't advise it-" he stopped to catch his breath, glad that the barrage of queries had ceased. For now.

He chuckled, putting on a pleasant face. "Just a tad haha -I shall keep that in mind." He smirked. One day he was going to make good on that too. Just to see what would happen.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:50 am

((Sorry for the delay!))

Zin had been told before that the only time he was good at keeping his mouth shut was when he was listening to the answers to his questions. He looked at the orb of light once more, and then back at Shae.

“Wouldn't advise it,” Shae had said. Hm. Was that a definite no? “Would it be dangerous if I did touch it?” The godfairy kept it simple this time; one question. If it was going to be dangerous, it would be good to know now, so he could make a point of avoiding it. And if it wasn't going to be dangerous, it would be good to know so he could make a point of figuring out how to learn more about it...Like what would happen if he touched it while wearing his glamour. How would the two magics interact?
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:30 pm

He frowned slightly, why did people always insist on being so interested in- well that was obvious. It was designed to lure people in. Into their deaths that was. Which was precisely why he tried stop the other residents from developing such an ill advised fascination. He tried anyway.
"Well I'm not going to pretend to be entirely certain how dangerous it is, but it has reacted rather... poorly, to certain peoples abilities here in the past," that certain people being mainly Rein, whose 'magic' whatever it was seemed to come into direct conflict with Shae's unruly incandescent tag-along. "And other people seemed to become uncomfortable when near it, so I'm going to say it's likely dangerous in one way or another and continue to advise those who express interest not to become too fascinated."

He wondered if people would associate that danger to him? Perhaps he should just be letting people figure it out on there own... it would be more productive if he ever decided to kill anyone- but for now that wasn't his intention. If it ever was he was pretty sure he could get along just fine even if they were wary of his light, his voice was his real weapon.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:19 am

Zin listened with growing interest. It truth, parts of the Ghost Light reminded him of the fairy world- pretty and innocent enough at first glance, but dangerous under the mist of illusions. Why, he himself was wrapped up in a nice neat little glamour at this very moment, pretending to be more humane than he was in reality, claws and teeth shielded behind the lies of magic. But Shae's words brought up a new concern. If the Ghost Light hadn't reacted well with other types of magic before, then could it adversely effect his glamour magic? Zin certainly couldn't have that.

“Interesting,” he remarked, using a carefree smile to cover the beginnings of concern. “If the Ghost Light doesn't care for other types of magic, it probably wouldn't like mine...and I'd have to talk it over with my magic before I touched it anyways.” He sighed a little. “Mine is a... finicky magic. It's got a mind of it's own at times...and I wouldn't want to accidentally blow anything up if it decided it didn't like the Ghost Light back.”

Not that he had ever gotten the sense that his magic was a particularly violent sort. Playful, mischievous, and sometimes a little too carefree in response to his commands... but not the paranoid sort that tended to kill fairies young. But that didn't mean it wouldn't react to the Ghost Light- like most godfairy magic, it had it's mean streak. Afterall, even right now, technically his wish magic was in the process of slowly killing him. It simply took a few thousand years, give or take.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:59 pm

He pondered on that thought for a moment- would it react? He was pretty sure Rein's magic was of a more invasive nature and had possibly been perceived as a threat even, after all he'd been trying to get into Shae's head at the time. Would just any magic put the light in a bad mood? He didn't think so... only magic that affected him in the very least- but he wasn't about to let go of a perfectly good excuse for Zin to not be interested in touching it.

"Yes well.. I dunno- I couldn't tell you, it's a mystery to me," he shrugged. "but I'd stay away just to be sure if that's the case..." He glanced over at the orb, dancing around completely carefree and seemingly oblivious to their discussion or indeed anything at all. He sometimes wondered if it was sentient at all- or how sentient it really was, anyway. It was something he wondered often and had as few answers for as he did about pretty much everything else regarding his existence. Yet still, he wondered.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next