The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard)

2 posters

Go down

Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard) Empty Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard)

Post  Hunter Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 am

Excited, would be the best way to describe how she felt in the current situation. She was here. At last- somewhere she could fit in and just live like everyone else. That was the plan anyway. She was rather stoked that not only were they letting her live here but, she was being entrusted with the castles gardens as well, and this filled her with an odd sense of pride. It wasn't as if she had actually done anything amazing yet but- she had finally found not only a new home but a place where she and her talents were useful- needed even.

Glad to have arrived and pumped to get started she knocked on the door of the office where she was to report her arrival at the island. She wasn't exactly sure what to expect when she went in but there was a cheerful smile on her face nonetheless. She was perhaps even a tad nervous, but she waved it aside. Now wasn't the time to shy away- she was finally here.
Hunter
Hunter

Height : Usually 178
Weight : Usually 55

http://killerconfettilick.deviantart.com/art/Hunter-Application-

Back to top Go down

Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard) Empty Re: Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard)

Post  Richard Wallace Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:54 pm

When he had returned to the Castle after his unfortunate attempt to leave, he had found his old office was now occupied by the new watchman. That was good. That room would have brought back too many memories. Instead, he took the office that used to belong to Everly. It was not entirely free of ghosts of the past, though. When he first walked in to what was to be his office, he was reminded of what enthusiasm he had auditioned for the position of school counselor with. Ah, what a different time it was.

Now, all the furniture that the Headmistress used to use had been removed to gather dust in one of the many storage rooms in the castle. A long, Baroque-ish patterned carpet covered the floor, leading up to a simple desk with many drawers paired with a comfortable chair. Unlike his old one, this office was not designed to be welcoming to visitors, desolate as it was with nothing else in the room besides a few file cabinets lining the wall behind the desk. A second chair was stood off by the wall just in case he was to have a meeting there anyway.

Right now, Richard was not expecting any guests, and the desk was scattered with papers he was mulling over. They were lit by a small lamp, and the only other item on the desk was a potted plant.

The knock made him flinch. With half-lidded eyes, he gave the door a displeased look before forcing on a more neutral expression. "Come in," he said, sitting up straighter and putting down the pen he'd been chewing.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Height : 183 cm
Weight : 87 kg

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Richard-Wallace-278528217

Back to top Go down

Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard) Empty Re: Reporting for Duty! (Hunter and Richard)

Post  Hunter Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 am

As she was given the okay to enter she carefully opened the door, peering around with a slightly uncertain look- unsure of the proper manner with which to act in this situation. The room was a bit... empty- but she supposed it had everything it needed in there and that was that. She hadn't spent all too much time in places like this though so she didn't know if it was a normal looking office or not. She wasn't exactly invited inside by everyone she met- rather the opposite in fact.

"Uhm- Hi... I was, I just arrived and... I think I'm supposed to report to here?" She queried tentatively hoping she was in the right place- and not bothering someone needlessly. He seemed like the sort of person you would report to. He had the right... demeanor. She thought so anyway. It was perfect really- better than even her wild imagination had been able to conjure up. The casual simplicity of the whole situation was truly wonderful.

Her nervous excitement was physically expressed as intangible petals fell loosely from her hair, disappearing before they had a chance to meet the floor below.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Richard had to resist quirking his brow as the visitor walked in. Green skin, and rather severely under-dressed for the weather... well, they'd seen stranger things, he supposed.

After she spoke, he let out a low hum. "Certainly... take a seat, miss." He waved a hand vaguely in the direction of the free chair, hoping she had enough sense to haul it closer to the desk, as he looked over the papers spread before him, rustling them a little. They had nothing to do with the matter at hand, but searching through them gave him a moment to try and remember why could she be here.

Coming up rather blank.

Richard cleared his throat, bringing up his elbows to rest them on the desk and fold his hands. "Right, you're our new..." he trailed off, looking to her questioningly. There were a few options, and he was unwilling to hazard a guess.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:01 pm

She watched as he seemed to struggle, suddenly realizing she may have interrupted something else. Or maybe she was supposed to give him notice? Make an appointment time or something like that. She wasn't very knowledgeable with these kinds of things.

"G-gardener" Hunter filled in, he seemed tired? Or maybe just overworked? Stressed? Maybe she imagined it. "I'm sorry, d-did I catch you at a bad time?" Like in the middle of something else perhaps. Or simply just not at a time when he would have liked to have seen her. As she spoke however she walked forwards, pushing the chair closer to the desk before sitting down on it. Her stomach, not yet being used to such frequently close proximity to people it wasn't allowed or able to slurp up grumbled a bit and her eyes flicked to it disapprovingly for a second. She did hope it would settle down at some point.

It would be pretty annoying if it kept growling at everyone that she talked to or even who simply passed her by. She supposed only time would tell.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:47 am

"Gardener, of course," he picked up immediately, as if it had been just on the tip of his tongue. Putting on a smile, he wished he could say that no time was a good time, but he just lightly shook his head instead. "Not at all, it's fine. My mind was just elsewhere." It was there all too often, recently, it seemed. Idly, Richard started gathering the papers into a neat pile to shove it to the side. After he did so, he returned his attention to the woman.

Something felt off about her -- could have been that noise...

"So," he said after a second of pause, "what are your qualifications?" Amusement flickered in his eyes. "You have a green thumb or two, I suppose."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:04 pm

She let out a small laugh at the comment. Green thumbs, well yes... as well as green fingers, toes and everything else. One of the perks of being her she supposed idly. But qualifications? she didn't really... have many. She was good at gardening but didn't qualifications imply you had something a little more official than your own word? She paused nervously. What did she have?

"Well... I'm sort of almost a plant myself..." she begun uncertainly. Was that going to help her case? She sincerely hoped so. What if he decided she wasn't right for the job after all and sent her away? What would she do then? "So I suppose I just have a way with them..." was that good enough? She tried to sound confident enough in that fact that it would carry her through whatever test this was.

She dragged the chair in a little closer absentmindedly, vaguely feeling she might be a bit too far back.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 am

Being a plant didn't a competent gardener make -- not any more than being a mammal certified Richard for taking care of, say, dolphins. He wouldn't trust Tony with a spade. Besides, 'sort of almost'...? Still, he didn't want to make her nervous - not yet, at least - so he just gave a noncommittal hum as he leaned forward slightly with a look of polite interest. "I see. What related experience do you have?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:20 am

She was squirming slightly inside now- she had some experience that's how she knew she was good at it. At least she thought she was. But what counted as... experience? She was starting to doubt she could prove she was good at what she did at all. She hadn't known she'd be asked questions like this. She was about to be sent back home- she just knew it. Except she didn't have a home to be sent back to... or rather she did but going there would be like admitting defeat- and defeat wasn't something she would accept as long as there was any sort of fight left in her twisted green body.
No way.

"Well," she began, putting on a confident face. She had to look confident- if she could at least look like she knew what she was doing then maybe whatever she had to offer up as experience would hold its own. "I tended three plots in the Horshire community garden for five months"- under the cover of darkness so no one would freak out and call the police-"I've read all five of Spinners Gardening Encyclopedias and prior to all this I applied for actual gardening lessons but... the mentor ran away screaming so I must admit it's been difficult for me to get any proper jobs- but that's why I was so eager to apply here." She leaned forward a little more as she explained. "I know there are probably more impressive, qualified candidates but- If you give me a chance I promise I'll prove you made the correct choice!" She had to! She didn't have any other options.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:11 am

Richard listened attentively. Or at least, he would have, if some sort of an indescribable fog hadn't descended over the scene, making it seem like the green woman was very far away. He squinted slightly and leaned in closer, as if it could help him hear.

'Garden for five months'...? That was precious little, no matter what results had she achieved. Then, something about encyclopedias and screaming, and then as if the volume had been turned up what she was saying was audible again. Richard reclined in his seat, blinking.

If only they did have more impressive candidates! Unfortunately, that was not the case, and they really did need to have the Courtyard tended to more properly. They would never achieve independence from outside sources if they didn't grow enough food to feed themselves. Still, he took a moment to ponder, regarding Hunter thoughtfully as he steepled his fingers. At least she had the right attitude, he supposed...

"Well," he finally said, "you must understand that we can hardly hand over the responsibility for the castle gardens to somebody planning to learn as they go." He looked slightly apologetic at that. "However... it is winter. There is going to be some time before any real work needs to be done. Consider it your trial period. Our librarian, Mr. Tony Sharp, is a plant-person himself. You will go to him and ask for his guidance, whatever it may be." He spoke slowly and deliberately, booking no room for argument. "You will take any and all books he finds on gardening, farming, landscaping, grounds-keeping, and any related subjects, and you will study them most diligently. I also expect you to acquaint yourself with our residents and seek out accomplices who will help you with your job. Teach them and learn from them. A certain Risiko Bann may be a good start."

He raised a brow. "Any questions?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 pm

She was literally on the edge of her seat, awaiting the verdict. She bit her lip as he started talking, but breathed an internal sigh of relief when he announced that there was a 'but' involved. Winter, right. Time for her to improve. She would be given a chance- not that she really felt that she needed to get better but if that's what it took to convince him- what it took to get the job- then she would do exactly everything he asked.

Find Tony, get books, read books, meet people, seek helper, find Risiko Bann.
That was her new list of things to accomplish. She went over it in her head and then nodded, a relieved smile spread across her face.
"Okay I'll do exactly that then! Thank you so much- I won't let you down!" she was almost beaming again purely because the weight of worry that she would be sent away and have to crawl home was now lifted from her chest- and the excitement had replaced it once more. She realized that was probably her being dismissed as well though- he didn't seem to have anything more to say. She started to stand up. "Thank you again for this opportunity!"
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Richard's eyebrows lifted slightly at her eagerness. What, was she going to start right this instant? Commendable, he supposed. How he was not looking forward to seeing it fizzle out... But then, perhaps she was the resiliently positive type she was trying to appear. Only time would tell.

"Hold your horses, miss," he said, amused, raising his hands as to halt her. "May I know your..."

His gaze was drawn to her stomach. A toothed stomach. He stared dumbly for a split second before forcibly looking back up to her face... bloodied face. That, too, was completely normal. Of course. People were different, he just had to accept that.

"...Name?"

He looked only a little disturbed, he was sure.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:17 am

She stopped, turning to look at him in question.
Oh right- her name. Funny the things you forget sometimes. Or maybe that was just her? As he asked and she prepared to answer she saw something though- something she was incredibly used to, that was the point at which he noticed. She was very good as seeing that point in people- she'd had lots of practice. The slight hesitation. She felt the blood trickle down her face slightly and cursed it mentally. Unruly stuff. A hand instinctively went to wipe it away, frowning momentarily as she did so.

"My name? Hunter... n-nice to meet you." her smile turned slightly sheepish. She should have said that first, right? Not as she was leaving. As an after thought she added. "Sorry about the blood- it just does that sometimes..." Some people were squeamish around blood or bloody things, of this she was aware. So she was in habit to apologize when it decided to drip down her cheek.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:56 pm

He watched her wipe away the blood. Interesting, how he didn't smell it... or it didn't smell much like blood at all. It was plant-person blood, he supposed, more like sap. That made sense.

"Hunter. That's a nice name," he said automatically. "I'm Richard Wallace. And that's alright, not your fault." He waved it off. "I... don't mind blood." Somehow, he still didn't always feel entirely comfortable openly stating to be a vampire. This was one of those moments where it would feel slightly awkward... what with the blood on her very face. Richard rubbed his temple tiredly. "Do you have any baggage that needs taking care of?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:21 am

She smiled- still a bit sheepish however.
"Oh- good, sorry it just... damnit sorry-" she had to pause as a couple more drips ran down, lips now pursed in frustration. One hand trying to clear the area- and unwittingly pulling her fringe back- and the other trying to wipe off the unruly liquid, that seemed to vanish a few seconds after she did so. "It's not usually this bad- I-I'm just a bit nervous is all..." no point hiding that it was probably obvious enough anyway- and she was bleeding to prove it.
Thankfully once she had done that it seemed to be stopping.

"It's very nice to meet you... Mr. Wallace-" she remembered the correct human way to address a superior and was rather proud of herself. "Thankyou again for this opportunity." She put the smile back on her face, although she was still a little embarrassed that she'd started bleeding everywhere, cheeks a bit pink. Luggage? She didn't have too many bags and what she did have she'd already brought inside. "Ah no- I've already taken care of it... Thank you."
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Though the reassuring smile he returned was a little hollow, he made sure not to show any signs of finding the dripping blood a negative thing in any way. There was no need for her to feel embarrassed - such a nice lady she was.

Too nice, for her appearance, but on the Island one learned not to judge by that.

"It's fine. And, really, I'm Richard. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance as well. Now..." He turned in his chair to open a drawer and, after some ruffling, produce a sheet of paper. On it was a plan of the Castle's second floor. Grabbing a pen, he marked some of the rooms, then shifted the paper over the desk to Hunter. "You'll find these quarters empty. Choose one and go get yourself comfortable." His smile turned more genuine with wry amusement. "And cleaned up."

He wondered whether this was a good decision. Still, they weren't exactly teeming with candidates...
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:28 am

He didn't seem phased or.. disgusted or indeed affected at all by her rather embarrassing bout of dripping, which she was thankful for to say the least.

She smiled slightly wider as he corrected her to Richard- it was a sign of.. something good at least, she though so anyway. She looked on as he rummaged and watched as he marked the available rooms. Picking up the papers, again with a smile.
"Thankyou.. hehe-" she chuckled a little sheepishly. "-yeah I'll do that then..." Truth be told there was no way to clean the blood nor the need to- it disappeared of its own accord, not being real blood at all, if it was even really there in the first place. She wasn't entirely sure herself. "Goodday si- uhm Richard.. once again, Thankyou."

She stood up ready to take her leave.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Richard nodded, trying to keep up the smile, but finding it slowly fading. It wasn't that she was hard at smile at - she was quite nice. However, the enthused energy she showed made him feel all the more tired and disillusioned, and the weird appearance reminded him of what place he found himself stuck at. He scooped up a pile of papers and tapped its edge against the desk to straighten it out, as to help hide his emotions.

"Good, good. I'm sure you'll find your stay at the Castle satisfactory." She just might, who knew. He raised his gaze to her again. "Good day, Hunter. I'll see you around."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 am

Nodding as he returned the Good-day, her smile not faltering, and failing to see that his might have been, Hunter turned around and headed for the door. Rather pleased with how the whole encounter had gone by the end, despite being slightly worried at the start. She had been given a chance and she would die before she messed that chance up.

Papers clutched in her hand she, the bright prospect of a new beginning and an exciting future before her, she took her leave.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 pm

For a few moments after the door closed with a quiet click, Richard found himself staring at it emptily. His gaze was swimming a little around the edges, and it had been for a while, so much that he stopped noticing it; same with the mild buzz somewhere in his ear, like an electric fan, of which there were none in the Castle. His hip hurt even now, and the leg...

Just when did he get so old?

He shook his head, shuffling the papers around again in frustration. Pathetic. Was that what his immortality was, then? Withering away, just at a slower pace than a human would? Did he have an expiration date?

Ridiculous. He would never accept that. There was always an alternative choice, if only one was creative enough in seeking it.

Sweeping the paperwork to one corner of the desk, the vampire stood up and made for the door. Office work certainly didn't help in making one feel alive... and what was the point of it all if he didn't?
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down