The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

The Great Coin Chase

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Great Coin Chase Empty The Great Coin Chase

Post  Abenzu Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 pm

((Continued from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

Abenzu shook it's head, not really hearing Ambrose anymore, but knowing what he meant. It took one more small step so it was just outside the door. It then turned and ran down the hall. The first few yards was a full on sprint, but soon Abenzu had to slow some. It put the bag of coins in it's mouth and ran on fours.

Abenzu looked over it's shoulder, checking if Ambrose was following. As it looked, Abenzu drifted close to the wall, pretty much oblivious and looked about to hit it. Abenzu looked foreward for a second and noticed how close the wall was. At first Abenzu tried to stop it's gallop then remembered something. Quickly, it grabed a stone n one hand pulling itself up and started scalling the wall, still running away from the dorm room. It felt safer on the wall then on the ground, and began to run faster.

(If possible, we'd like one of the teachers (preferrably not my own) to join.)
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

The Great Coin Chase Empty Re: The Great Coin Chase

Post  Ambrose Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 am

Ambrose dashed after his roommate, detirmined to win the prize. And, when the prize dealt with coins, he would always win.

He was mildly surprised at how fast Abenzu ran at first, barely able to keep the gnome in his line of sight, but one he slowed down, Ambrose sped up. As his roommate glanced back, he gave a wicked grin and kept his fast pace. Any minute now, the monkey was going to run into the wall--

Aw, damn it. Really? Running on walls? At this rate, he was going to lose the monkey . . . unless . . .

Ambrose sighed to no one in particular, stopping breifly in the hallway to pop some joints and adjust his feet. Usually he restrained himself with his speed, the velocity sometimes being too much and him crashing, but desperate times called for out-of-control methodoligy (or something like that). He took off his white shoes, too-- no need to tear holes in them.

"Mark."

Ambrose launched himself towards Abenzu, his bare feet barely gracing the floor. He was catching-up.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Height : 172.8 cm / 5 ft, 8 in.
Weight : 76.2 kg / 168 lb

http://fav.me/d5a2x1t

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 am

Abenzu giggled at the look on Ambrose's face as he watched the gnome scale the wall. It looked foreward seeing the end of the hall and the window that was opened just for it. Looking back at Ambrose, it was about to laugh again till it saw Ambrose gaining ground. With a squeal, it surged foreward, leaping for the window.

Abenzu just made the window ledge but began to fall out. It looked out to where it was falling. Abenzu looked back at Ambrose wide-eyed as it fell out the two-story high window. It flailed thinking it was gonna hit the ground but landed in a bush. Rolling out onto the ground, it lifted it's arms in victory and ran to the main building.

--------------
had to get them to the main corridors so they could be where teachers are more likely to be
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 am

Ambrose watched as Abenzu lept for the window . . . then out the window . . .

Sneaky little monkey, Ambrose thought, obviously believing that his roommate jumped-out on purpose. Without hesitation, Ambrose followed, not even knowing what floor he was jumping from-- because, one has to admit, jumping from a cliff trumps every other distance. And, because Ambrose survived that, he simply concluded that he would survive this sort of fall, too.

Ambrose wasn't as lucky as Abenzu, though, landing on the hard ground and not a convienent bush. Despite injuries (a fractured foot and several bruises), he continued to chase after his roommate, grinning madly. Pain? What pain?
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 am

Abenzu looked behind it, flinching as Ambrose hit the ground. This time, Abenzu did collide with a wall, head on. It fell over, a shocked look on it's face, but scrambled up as fast as possible to open the door to the main building. It ran inside, slamming the door shut, hoping to slow Ambrose some. It looked frantically down the hallway, two directions leading away from the door. Abenzu choose the left corridor.

Fear marred the usually happy expression. Why did it take its father's coins out? Shouldn't it have guessed Ambrose would try to take them to add to his large collection? Abenzu paused just a moment to bang it's head, once, against the wall, wincing more than it thought it would, it's face still stinging from
colliding with the wall. Abenzu's cool-colored eye stayed closed as it ran on, being not as pain resistant as Ambrose.
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Ambrose laughed as Abenzu crashed. Yeah, served it right. . . .

He watched with careful eyes as Abenzu ran into the main building, closing the door behind him. Ambrose paused, letting his foot rest. They were both in pain now; it was going to take a lot more than plain speed to win. Perfect.

Ambrose opened the door, sliding in swiftly. He didn't even bother to close it behind him, chasing after the monkey. Coin. . . !
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Abenzu kept running through the halls. The thought occurred to it, that it was feeling exactly like a rabbit being hunted by a wolf. It's heart was beating faster which caused it's blood to rush to it's stinging head. Stupid of it to hit it's head after running into a wall. Abenzu wasn't used to so much excitement, at least not this kind, and it began to stagger slightly. "Tozho..."

Abenzu looked back and whined. Why didn't Ambrose just give up?....Abenzu skidded to a halt, tripping over itself from the momentum of it's run. Grinning meanly, Abenzu waited till the last moment before disappearing. In Abenzu's place was a dark grey fedora hat. The pouch with the coins had also disappeared, seeming to become the golden band that wrapped around the
base, stitched tightly to the fabric. Abenzu (hat) giggled. At least now, Ambrose couldn't do anything, especially if he wanted the coins.

------------
Translation:
Tozho=help
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Ambrose kept running, careful to keep Abenzu in his line of sight at all times. He was so close, he could almost--

The monkey diappeared, just like that. What? He looked down . . . and saw the fedora hat on the ground, with the shiny gold band around its brim. Oh, no he did not.

"Really?" Ambrose sighed, collasping next the hat on the floor and letting exhaustion set in. "Really?" He had to admit, it was clever, turning into a hat and holding the coins hostage. Devious, but clever nonetheless.

Ambrose grabbed the hat, not about to let Abenzu run away now. Not after jumping out a stupid window.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Abenzu's snickers didn't stop until Ambrose picked it up. It exclaimed in surprise and tried to struggle away, only to remember it was in hat form. The thought of turning back crossed it's mind and it almost went with that but the desire to keep it's father's coins from being stolen was stronger than it's desire not to be held. It stared at Ambrose, though there weren't really any eyes to stare at him with, trying to see if he planned anything else.
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Kale slammed her fist in to the stone wall, dang it all. She would need to increase her security, she had never expected him to- Arah! The harpy grit her teeth and cursed cruelly. How could she have been so negligent! Hearing a door slam down the hall, she lifted her head from its frustrated hanging position. Following was a slam and a laugh, some voices after that. The owl could make out two hearts, fast as if they had been exercising, but it quickly switched to one. Raising an eyebrow, Kale pushed off the wall and casually made her way to look around around the corner into a branching hall.

She found a red haired boy and a fedora. Her eye narrowed, recognizing the student from her science class. However, the reason behind why the boy was on the ground, clutching the hat like it was some sort of mission, eluded her. Kale's talons clicked lightly on the floor as she approached.

"Ambrose...what are you doing?" Her tone was decidedly unimpressed. Getting closer, she eyed the hat with a little mistrust, something with it seemed...off, like the energy around it was slightly shifted, resisting her sway over electrons more than simple fabric should.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Ambrose glared at the fedora. He was so close--

A shadow loomed over him. Ambrose glanced over his shoulder only to find the great harpy.

"H-hello, K-- I mean, Professor Kale," Ambrose quickly said, always making sure to use proper titles with everyone. The Powers That Be became particularily annoyed at those who forgot the titles; they requested things like 'King,' 'sire,' and so on. Some didn't want a title at all, others wanted five . . . It got ridiculous after a while.

Ambrose then realized what exactly he was doing, and how it must have looks like to his science professor. He quickly stood up from the floor despite and ignoring his injuries, still clutching the hat/ Abenzu tightly.

"I . . ." He was so ashamed to be seen like this. Abenzu should have been an easy catch for him, but it became such a scandal! He couldn't explain such immaturity.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Abenzu(hat) was relieved at the presence of another person. It squeaked at Ambrose's tightened grip, still having feeling even as a hat. It 'looked' over at the other person, recognizing her as it's science teacher. "Ahmbohse b...bee bahd. Chry teyk mah stahf." It stumbled over the words, trying out something different. The fact that all the people in this school spoke English, it was beginning to put English words to the gnommish ones. "Fahdeer's stahf, hee krihl peepl hu stayl."

---------
Semi-translation:
Ambrose be bad. Try take my stuff. Father's stuff, he krill (kill) people who stale (steal)
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm

The harpy tilted her head to the side slightly, watching coolly as the boy shot to his feet. Both standing, Ambrose was actually taller than Kale, though she continued with an air as if she were still looking down on him. She turned her indifferent gaze on the hat, seemingly unfazed that it was speaking.

Ah, yes...the hat thing from her class as well...she listened silently as it tried to sound out the English. Getting a general gist, though not thoroughly, Kale brought a hand to her face, kneading the pads of her fingertips into her forehead in frustration while sighing in exasperation. These kids were so carefree, they had no idea.

"Just Kale is fine if we are not in class, Ambrose. I don't believe we need the formalities between us." Kale dropped her hand to smile slightly in a disarming manner, pushing back all her ill-meaning feelings behind the mask of friendliness. "Now, try again, why are you both here in the hallway making a ruckus? Something about stealing?" The harpy lifted an eyebrow expectantly, sharp eye allowing no room for lies or arguments.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Ambrose dropped his gaurd, believing Kale. Such mannerisms were refreshing.

"Kale . . . what is here is but a misunderstanding," Ambrose 'explained,' trying to keep calm as he eyed Abenzu. "Abenzu properly gave me his coins. Now, he wants them back."

In the eyes of Ambrose, this was exactly what had happened-- perhaps a little bit more, but certianly nothing less. Yes, Abenzu regretted offering the coins as soon as he did, but no one offered something to Ambrose and then took it back. Whether it liked it or not, Abenzu's coins were no longer its or its father's. They were his and no one else's.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 am

Abenzu(hat) seemed to bristle at the words coming from Ambrose's mouth. It growled, not the most threatening sound though it was the most threatening noise Abenzu ever made. "YUU TEHL LAHI! Ah nehva gayv coyns. Ahn Ah stihl hahv coyns. Yuu chry geht stuupihd hans ahn thehm, baht yuu noh geht." If Abenzu had a mouth, it would be sticking out it's tongue. "Ah ohnlii wahned tuu shoh, nehva gihv."

-------
YOU TELL LIE! I never gave coins. And I still have coins. You try get stupid hands on them, but you no get. I only wanted to show, never give.
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 am

Really, the matter seemed entirely unimportant. As she listened, the harpy couldn't believe they were squabbling over coins of all things.

"So, let me get this straight. The hat had some coins, which he meant to show you...or give you...and you wish to keep these, as does he." She glanced between the two, signs of her unimpressed interior seeping through in her gaze. Honestly, she didn't give a crap to who got the coins. However, she did sense an opportunity to make one of these boys her friend. But which would be more beneficial? Abenzu's ability to turn in to a hat would be perfect for spying...however, he was loud, annoying and colorful. Ambrose, though extremely unreliable as an ally, was smart and resourceful. Also, with enough persuasion, she guessed that she could indeed control the cursed boy. Kale's eye narrowed on the two and a hand came up as she tapped her lips daintily in thought with a pointer finger. Then, she would try to have both, if not, she would take Ambrose.

"Ambrose, if I compensated you instead, would you let the hat keep his coins?" She looked to the red-head. If she could get Ambrose off Abenzu's back for now, the hat may be grateful and Ambrose will be pleased. If she gave him more than the amount Abenzu had as well, he may become hooked to her. She had valuables that were useless to her from her travels after all. Plus, she had Valentin, and who knew what that faun had collected that he didn't really need. He was such a pack-rat...
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Ambrose could only nod at Kale's summerization of the past events, slightly embarrassed. Kale would think of him as a dolt now . . .

He listened carefully to his science professor's offer. Although it was not stated, her message was clear: they were Abenzu's coins. Which was, of course, completely and utterly false. Once a proper thief laid his eyes on his prize, he never let go; that object was now his, if only in so-called "spirit". And, although Ambrose did not relate to most, if not all, theives, it was on this point that they all could relate on.

Still . . . it was a decent offer. And, this was Kale he was dealing with. Besides, who said that Abenzu would be able to keep its coins forever? It was only a matter of time before the monkey dropped his guard and, one rainy day, perhaps misplace them . . . It couldn't keep its guard up forever.

"What sort of compensation?" Ambrose inquired. Sure, the monkey's coins were the first of its kind he had ever seen, and thus very precious, but considering the harpy in, perhaps there were more riches of its stature . . . riches that would make him consider holding the Abenzu coinage heist for a good while.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 am

Abenzu poofed back to it's normal self. Now that the teacher was there, it didn't think it'd need to stay as a hat. It found itself hanging in Ambrose's grip by it's tail, the small bag of coins hanging from it's mouth. It grabbed the bag from it's mouth, trapping most of it in it's hand. Abenzu eyed Ambrose, keeping a tight grip on the bag.

Abenzu looked up at Kale, a smile replacing the mistrusting look. It listened to what she said, nodding at her conclusion of why Abenzu had been chased. It then tilted it's head. Compensation, what is that? Abenzu hadn't heard that word before, and it hoped someone would explain, but it wasn't gonnahol it's breath.
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Kale smiled disarmingly. She had the boy's attention, that was a start.

"Well, of course I do not know the value of these coins, I would not be able to correctly pick something of equal worth." She turned her hand in the air conversationally. "I could, perhaps, allow you yourself to venture into my collection. There must be something adequate amongst the hundred years of dust. Things I have collected over my time, and some trinkets from some of my more...interesting mercenary work." It was true. She was never very loyal to her employer. If ever there were something that would be worth more, she would take it. There was more than one occasion where the priceless heirloom she had meant to be retrieving had very tragically been lost...in the confines of her traveler's sack, though that particular detail always managed to slip by unreported. It was funny how these things worked.

"I would be willing to let you pick something out that catches your interest. Of course, I can guess at something sufficient if you do not care to wade through an old woman's silly collection." A small secretive smirk hung on the corners of her lips. Nothing in her collection was silly. Her belongings were few, but it all had worth or she else would have long disposed of it rather than trek it's weight along with her.

Attention being drawn to Abenzu as he changed back, she stepped up closer. Kale raised her arms to circle under him, as if to accept the monkey-thing like a woman would hold a very young child, giving Ambrose a side glance that said he should release the other student to her.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Ambrose jumped a little when Abenzu suddenly turned back to his, erm, normal form, his greedy eyes immediately focusing on the coin pouch. He knew he shouldn't . . . but, it was right there! The temptation was so great, though . . . and, after all, they were his coins. According to the on-looking Kale, though . . .

Sighing, Ambrose directed his gaze at Kale, meeting eye-to-eye with her.

"Please, leave the weighing of wealth to me," he smiled plesantly as Kale said her piece. Yes, let him detirmine just how precious the coins that were presumably the monkey's were. Only when he saw the items would he name his price . . .

Noticing Kale's odd gesture, Ambrose unhesitantly dropped the monkey into the harpy's arms, not caring if the rainbow creature was to be harmed by such harsh action. He was staring at Kale the entire time, making sure that his eyes did not lie onto the coins. If they did, he could not promise anything. It took all the will he had not to steal them the first time; the second time would be more . . . difficult to control. Perhaps impossible.

"I am sure your collection is not 'silly,' Kale," Ambrose assured, eager to see such wonders but realizing that such a venture might have to wait for another time. "Are you available now, or . . . another time?" So far as he cared, coins and other items worth polishing took all precendence. Classes? What classes?
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Abenzu listened to every word. Now it got what they were talking about. Ms. Kale was gonna trade treasure of hers so Abenzu could keep it's coins? It stared at her with both gratitude and respect. It had already respected her, being that it respected all it's teachers. Again, a few words confused it, like sufficient and mercenary, but it got pretty much everything else.

Abenzu looked back at Ambrose, giving him wary looks. It held the bag closer to itself, then looked foreward again to find Kale reaching out to it. Abenzu blinked then reached out as it felt Ambrose's grip loosen. Abenzu grabbed one of Kale's arms with it's free hand, using the forearm of the arm holding the coins to rest on her other arm so it wouldn't fall as Ambrose let go. Abenzu did not want to fall face first, knowing it might've been knocked unconscious. Something it didn't want to happen when it's coins were still in danger of being taken.
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Accepting Abenzu into her arms, Kale made no move to restrain him, allowing him freedom to fix his position to anything comfortable. As long as he didn't climb all over her, she didn't mind being a safety perch for the time being.

Looking up to Ambrose, she nodded.

"Very well. I shall let you choose." The harpy smirked, noticing the never wavering stare. The boy was definitely amusing. "I am free now, if you are as well. We would have to make our way up to my room in top of the clock tower, though." She nodded down the hall in the direction they would have to go, humming lightly, then looked to the monkey creature in her arms.

"And you? Would you like to come? Perhaps you can show me your coins? I admit, I am curios to see this wanted treasure of yours."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am

Kale was actually letting him choose? That was a risky venture. Still, Ambrose was not going to complain.

He glanced over at the mention of Abenzu showing-off his coins, as well. . . . He might not be able to restain himself if the monkey decided to show them off. Hopefully the threat of Ambrose stealing them were enough for the monkey to hide them, or else this trip was going to be complicated.

"I am free, yes," Ambrose told Kale with a smile. Treasure always took precedence over all other ventures. He might have had a Math class this afternoon . . . Oh, well. Math could wait.

Ambrose walked over to the head of the group, never letting the two out of his sight. Nothing personal to them, but he was just never comfortable in showing someone his back. It was too open for attacks.

"Shall we?"
Ambrose
Ambrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Abenzu Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 am

Abenzu hugged onto one of the science teacher's arms with both arms and legs, much like a koala holds onto a tree. It wasn't very into being held like a baby. It watched Ambrose carefully the whole time. No matter what it wasn't going to forget his face again. Nor was it gonna try to be friends.

When Abenzu was addressed it looked to the teacher. It did want to show SOMEONE without loosing them. It nodded slowly, "Yu cehn sii, noh Ahmbos, baht yu cehn."
Abenzu
Abenzu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Kale lowered her arms, letting Abenzu hang as he pleased, but unwilling to be uncomfortable herself while she walked. A delicate smirk played at the corner of her lips.

"Yes, lets. You can show me while we walk, and we wont let Ambrose see. It'll be just between me and you, and we shall be positively giddy over your treasure and leave him out." The harpy glanced up to the red haired boy, obviously teasing him. She nodded and turned, her talons clicked as she strolled down the hall towards the library, wings flicking. It was the fastest way.

"By the way, how do you both feel about flying and climbing...?" Kale asked lightly, neglecting to mention that the only way up to her room was by flight or by climbing a rather perilous ladder up the tower inside.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next