The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Awkward Entrance

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Awkward Entrance Empty Awkward Entrance

Post  Denskith Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Denskith was impressed with himself that he found Hendry the Boatman to take him to his new residence. He was even more astonished when he managed to find the castle all by himself (it took a bit longer than it usually would for anyone else, but regardless, he found it). So, when he entered the large castle, it was no surprise that he quickly became lost. That didn't make it any less disappointing.

The tall man ducked under another banister, clutching onto a cardboard box filled to the brim with sheet music. His office should be around here . . . right? Maybe down this hallway . . . and another right turn . . . a left, perhaps, and then . . . he was back to where he started. Great. By this point, students started to flood the hallways due to classes ending for the day, nearly tripping him over.

"Ah! S-sorry . . . Really, sorry . . ." None of the students seemed to notice Denskith, though, or at least gave him the mercy of feining ignorance. By the end of it all, the hallway was deserted once more. Except, for one student, that is.

Denskith started towards the person, hesitated, paused to think (bad idea-- he needed to stop that), and realized that he had no choice. The man needed to ask for directions.

"Excuse me," he started, ducking down a little to see the student's face better. "Could you direct me to the Music Room?"
Denskith
Denskith

Height : 203.2 cm / 6 ft, 8 in.
Weight : 79.3 kg/ 175 lb.

http://yuriakashu.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Denskith-Huges-2798005

Back to top Go down

Awkward Entrance Empty Re: Awkward Entrance

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

Shae had exited his class and was just hanging around in the corridor reading a paper he'd been given- and as such not really walking anywhere when he heard someone talking. Someone was talking- was it.. yes they were speaking to him. He turned his glowing pupiless eyes upwards to view the speaker, it was someone he didn't recognize though.

They were asking for directions, oh- that made sense.. someone new asking for directions. The music room.. music room.. hmm. He hadn't really been there, but he was pretty sure he knew the general idea.. but this castle was so large it'd be hard to just point the man where to go.

"Oh um, hello, I don't believe we've met.." he gave is usual soft, unreadable smile. "I could show you the way if you like.. I'd tell you where to go but this castle well it's.." he ave a small chuckle and glanced around. "Big to say the least."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Height : 180
Weight : 54

http://spaschick.deviantart.com/gallery/31009203?offset=0#/d4o69

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 am

Denskith was estatic for the help.

"Oh, thank you," he beamed, forming a little of a lobsided smile (he couldn't smile on the side with the scars, it stung whenever he did). "Yes, it rather is a big castle-- I'm afraid I've been lost for quite some time," he admitted, now frowning to his one good side--

The nice boy's eyes were . . . purple? Completely filled-in with color. Come to think of it, he was a student, so didn't that make him . . . something other than human? From what he had been told, everyone here was "different"-- so was he-- he was different, he and the others at Dyric had a choice-- choice or not, here you are-- freaks-- monsters--

Attempting to shake himself out of the sufficating thoughts, Denskith rapidly spoke once more to the boy. "If you could help me, though, that would be wonderful." He tried to force a smile, but it turned rather ugly towards the end. Ew.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 am

Shae raised a slight brow, the man seemed to be having trouble with something. He wondered briefly what it was but shrugged it off, his own smile widening in response. "It'd be my pleasure er.. sorry I don't believe I caught your name.."
He gave a small sheepish smile before turning to start leading the man down the corridor towards the music department, that man really was lost- Shae had just had Science, which was it rather the opposite direction.

He wondered why this guy wanted to go right there anyway, maybe he was going to be a teacher? That would explain it.. yeah. Not that he would make any assumptions- he would wait for conformation of that fact.

He kept facing forward as he spoke, not looking around at the guy. "I'm Shae, by the way.. I'm here as a stu-" he cut his sentence off as he was distracted, noticing his ghost light bobbing around his.. companion.. out of the corner of his eye. He shook himself and continued talking. "... student."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 am

Denskith's eyes caught sight of the beloved Music Room at last. He could have cried in joy, weren't it not for the boy's question.

"My name? Denskith Huges," the tall man replied with a half-grin. "And, may I say again, thank you so much for . . . guiding me . . ."

It seemed like a little ball of light had not taken the fancy to spinning around him. His eyes could not help but be drawn to it; it was so beautiful. Still, where did it come from-- probably the castle-- or, the boy-- the boy? no, he was so nice to him-- like you said before, this castle is full of freaks-- monsters-- freaks-- just like you--

Denskith quickly pried his eyes away from the ball of light, shutting his eyes immeidately and tightly.

"Erm." What in the world could he say about that? "You said . . . your name was . . . Shae--" Screw it, he had to ask. "-- What was that?"
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 am

He turned, resisting the urge to sigh. He didn't like people noticing and asking about his light.. simply because he didn't want them to know what it was.. it came under the category of trying not to let anyone know that he was actually a psychopathic serial killer.. but he retained his 'nice' smile, not letting any of his discomfort or annoyance show.

"Ahh that..?" he pointed to his ghost light with a slightly wry tone. "It's a ghost light... sorry, is it bugging you? I can get rid of it, here" he concentrated and the light flickered out, his eyes shining brightly with a sudden aqua, glue green as he did so.

He blinked, raising a brow at Den, still smiling. "Better? Sorry.. it has a mind of it's own.."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 am

(( Whoops, it's Windor, not Dyric. XD ))

Denskith was frozen, still trying to process what just happened here. That light was a ghost light. It came from the boy-- what did that make the boy, then? Just another freak--

"Much better," Denskith whimpered a bit, his eyes still a bit wide. Sure, there were the monsters in Windor, but never something so . . . so incorpreal. Ninety-five percent of the time, the change was physical; if it wasn't, you were a freak amongst freaks. A true "monster" . . .

Denskith glanced at the door, his confidence with holding conversation wavering. A new school, new enviroment-- this was his first day at Windor all over again. Finding out about the serums, becoming one of the monsters, and his voice-- STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS!

"I'm . . . going to head inside, then," he lamely told the boy. "You know . . . Papers." He heafted up the box of sheet music that was still in his arms. It was actually pretty heavy-- most of his music was in there, all preciously crammed inside. "I, erm. I hope to see you in my class."
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 am

He was.. slightly confused. This guy seemed, well.. distressed.. was it Shae? Had he done something.. his brow furrowed slightly in confusion.. he was torn between amusement and thinking maybe he should try and help calm the guy down. Really.

He put on a confused but sympathetic expression. "Hey, sir? are.. are you ok?" he let his tone be questioning but calming, hoping it might help. "Do you want some help... er..." he was aware that the man was trying to be rid of him.. but that made him curious, as well as that he had confirmed that he was indeed the new music teacher. Shae had to say- he would definitely hope to be taking music.. after all his voice was his greatest weapon.

"You know it's.. it's ok to be a bit nervous.. this castle is very big and there are lots of strange looking people here too.. myself being one of them I suppose.." he took a moment to look sheepish, wondering internally if he was at all on the right track. "so it's normal to be a bit daunted.. even I got nervous coming here at first which is.." he cut himself off, clearing his throat. It was true, but not something he felt like telling people. After all, he preferred to be seen as perfectly in control. Always.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:38 am

Denskith listened to Shae's words with appreciation. He wasn't the only one that was intimidated by this castle. He . . . wasn't the only one. Good.

"Thank you," he told the boy sincerely, meaning his words completely. The boy made a good point about nerves: they were okay to have. Like . . . like a recital. If you were a ball of nerves before the performance came along, then you were more likely to practice and hit that high note perfectly. Thinking along those lines, Denskith's lop-sided smile only grew.

"Would you . . . like to come inside?" the tall man offered sheepishly. "You could tell me more about the castle-- if you don't mind, that is," he quickly added, not wanting to offend his first ally in the academy. He imagined that there would be few friends here, so Denskith was detirmined to keep those that he found.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 pm

He grinned- it had worked, and it had been almost too easy. The man was now inviting him in.
Nodding pleasantly he meandered inside, and considered the question. The castle... how could he describe this place? if he was going to be generic he'd say... a safe place for magical beings, or something like that.. and it was always good to keep his own true personal views... personal.

"Well... I dunno it's.. it's a haven really. Any creature who needs to get away from humans can come here to escape, but that's not the only reason people come here.." he paused thinking. "I came here because I was hoping they could tell me more about myself, and maybe I could find a lead to who and what I really am.. Also I came here to hone my abilities, as did many of the others.. that's why it's a school." he chuckled, well.. obviously it was a school.. in fact he hadn't really said anything that wouldn't be written on the nonexistent (at least as far as he knew) school brochure- what was he trying to sell the place?!

"... I must warn you it can get.. loud. Aaand.. like any school its ugh.. hehe.. full of teen drama if you get my meaning but... ussuaally no one gets hurt.. badly.." he grinned wider in a slightly sheepish manner. "Don't worry your a teacher.. you're going to teach music yeah?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 am

Finding out about himself . . . It was the complete opposite for Denskith. He wanted to know nothing at all, if possible, and perhaps escape the madness all together-- but, that was never a possibility. It never would be.

Loud, teen drama, frequent calls the the ill-equiped hospital. Sounded like Windor's high school. Of course, that place had gotten better in recent years, the Rebellion made sure of that. Strict limitations of powers, the works-- not like one could really restraint his powers, though-- I try, though, I really do-- not hard enough-- I try, though-- when was the last time you sent someone to a hospital? The record holds at two weeks-- STOP--!

Oh, right. Shae's words cut through his rapid thoughts. He was a teacher. Teachers weren't suppose to be assaulted regularly by the student body. That was the idea, at least . . . He had never really seen the principal applied in Windor. Whether AALC was different remained to be seen. Could it be enforced, though?

Denskith stared blankly at the floor for a time, only remembering a short while later that he was in the middle of a conversation.

"Ah!" He blushed horribly as he resumed talk. "Y-yes, I'm . . . I'm the music teacher."
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Ok he had to keep this guy talking, seemed to be the key. Keep him talking shouldn't be to hard, music was a subject Shae would definitely want to take up- it related to a lot of his skills.

"Ah awesome!! I'll definitely take your classes then, I'm.. very good at music ^^" he kept grinning, sitting back slightly to lean on his hands like a little kid- time for his "young innocent" look, swining his legs a little even. "You could say, it's a talent.."

He couldn't help a small chuckle. Oh it was a talent all right- and one that he used often. It'd be nice to finally be able to maybe improve it.. who knows how.. potent, his voice could get. And perhaps this man would be useful in helping him achieve that. Perhaps...
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Awesome? He was talented!? Denskith's face beamed at the idea. Perhaps there were others like him at the academy, too-- children with the same voices. As scary an idea that was-- don't think about it-- it was also exciting. He had never met any other serum-users in Windor like him, so sharing a talent with someone would be . . . amazing. He could ask how they managed it.

"A talent?" Denskith repeated, just to make sure his trained ears weren't decieving him. "Do you play an intrument, or--" He was raising his hopes on this one. "--sing?" God, he hoped it was singing . . .
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Shae grinned widely, now the conversation was getting interesting. He wondered if he should be open about what his voice could do or just... hint at it. Usually he only hinted these things.. perhaps in time he'd reveal what he could do to this man... but then again, he came to the academy to learn didn't he? If anyone could help him learn more about his abilities, they needed to know what they were first...

"Well I do play violin but that's something I learned... my main talent lies in singing, yes.." he gave a small chuckle. "singing.. speaking.. i have a talented voice..."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

A talented voice. That was it, all right. Denskith was so sure. How to procede, though? Such talents were . . . problematic. That was an understatement from his experience, but-- ah, the bliss was so worth it-- worth it? No, it never could be-- let the rush consume you-- I shouldn't-- let it take over-- NO--

"Could I . . . have an example, perhaps?" Denskith questioned, the 'perhaps' a precaution over precaution. He was always aware about how he spoke-- he had to be-- but the more aware he was, the more timid his speech became. He could take no risks. No risks at all . . .

That being said: if Shae (or anyone, for that matter) was going to control him, the battle experience he gained from being a part of the Resistance was going to, inevitably, take over. He was going to sing back.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 am

Hmmm it really made him think. Well... again, the man would be his teacher soon- he had to show him at some point. But give up the game so soon? Should he? It could be so much fun to leave this man guessing but if he did he might not learn what he needed to. And the man seemed very interested.

"Well I.. don't usually..." he turned away allowing a slight embarrassed pink creep onto his cheeks, feigning shyness. "I suppose though if you're going to be my teacher..." he let the debate show on his face- letting the man know that he was questioning whether or not to 'give an example.'

He allowed for a few moments of considerative pause before looking Den back in the face, still feigning innocent uncertainty. "I suppose I could give you an example.. or a demonstration more like i guess- it's hard to explain..."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Denskith was caught hook, line, and sinker. All of his thoughts were joined in the sureness that was . . . this. Shae. He had a simular 'talent' to his-- not a talent-- shut up, shut up, shut up--

"Shall I go first?" he blurted out before even thinking over the words.

Denskith never liked using his power. Oh, it was enjoyable in the present-tense, but the aftermath . . . was too much to bear. But, if it would help out a future student of his-- or, at least, that's what he told himself-- then it would do more harm than good, right?

. . . Right?
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:19 am

He blinked, slightly taken aback.. oh ok.. hmm well he had thought the man could help him, but maybe he even have a similar talent. Den wasn't a wisp, but an alluring voice was a trait many species were known for- so it was hardly hard to believe. It did get him very much interested though.

He smiled innocently. "You have a talented voice as well?- Sure then, I'd love to hear.." it might be a different kind of talent altogether but he was very intrigued now and was definitely not going to pass this opportunity up.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm

He'd love to hear. That was all the excuse Denskith needed. The longing for an audience was always there, and now . . .

Inhale, exhale. He could do this. He had control over this-- not as much as he wanted-- but, STILL. He could do this. If not-- DON'T THINK ABOUT IT.

Inhale. And then, music. The words that he was singing didn't matter-- he was singing. Crecendo, decrecendo, throw in some thirty-second notes. Bliss.

"Shae, walk two steps away from me while still facing me, two steps towards me while still facing me, and then spin on your feet a complete three hundred sixty degree circle, coming back to face me."

It was freeing to not use any filters on his commands. A thrill went up Denskith's spine, and he grinned his lob-sided grin. He couldn't help it.

(( A note on how Den's powers work: You can resist, but it is a tad mentally draining. One has to conciously fight the command. If one is taken away with the music, though, it's over-- you are effectively Denskith's play-thing. ))
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 am

He was perfectly aware it was what Den was saying that was making him do it- and he probably could have resisted, but he didn't, why? Because he was curious. He wanted to know.. so instead of resisting he let himself get up and walk backwards and forwards, following the sung commands.

Definitely and interestingly like his own abilities, except.. not the same. No not the same.. but very, very close... it was certainly intriguing. Once he'd finished his controlled pirouette he stopped, looking at the teacher with interest.

"... that's certainly very intriguing sir.. have you always been able to do that..?" he maintained his usual soft tone, but the interest also showed in his voice.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Denskith watched with a close eye as Shae perfectly performed his commands without resistance. Odd. Usually, people found it quite unnerving to be controlled like that and resisted at least the first couple of times rather violently. And yet, this boy complied so easily. Maybe--

Maybe, he was overthinking things. Again.

'Had he always' . . .

Deskith froze at such a question. It was unnerving how, not even an hour into this school, Denskith was asked the one question he would rather avoid above everything else. Yes, he knew that the boy meant his command ability, but his mind immediately linked it with singing. Had he always been able to sing? Was the talent his own, or . . . did Lorelei--

No. He couldn't think that way. Couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't. Have confidence in yourself. Remember the Rebellion, remember what you did. You're talented now, that's all that matters. Remember . . .

". . . No," Denskith managed to shakily answer after a long time, his scarred hand reaching for his head and holding it tight. "No, I . . . I aquired this ability later in life."

Please don't ask about the experiments, Denskith silently pleaded. If he did . . . he would be compelled to answer. And that would be very, very hard.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm

He sat back down and watched curiously as Den obviously seemed uncomfortable. Best not to pry into that then.. just yet. After all- he'd get no where from making this guy upset.
So instead he'd give him a distraction.

"Acquired, sir? hmm... would you like me to show you MY talent now, then?" he smiled upwards, as thought completely ignorant. He did like the idea of getting to use his talents a little more freely- he rarely could.
If he was too obvious with it everyone would KNOW he could.
And he didn't want that. He didn't want that at all.

Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Denskith very-much appreciated the distraction. His face lit-up immediately, and he smiled lop-sidedly.

A student was willing to put his trust in him. In him, of all people. How wonderful!

"Y-yes!" he exclaimed. "Yes, I would love to see your talent!"

Back in Windor, those that displayed their serem powers frequently to others were either cocky or just plain sadistic. Most only confided their 'talents' to only those that they truly trusted . . . Deskith was being trusted by someone. HIM. He took such privilages very, very seriously.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 am

Shae gave a small soft chuckle at the mans enthusiasm, drawing the words into his mind. The words barely mattered though, they just subtly shifted the contention of his music. If he wanted he could sing gibberish and it'd still affect people, perhaps not in as many different ways or as specifically but it would still have effect.

Closing his eyes he began to sing, softly, he voice echoing around the room and seeming to overlap over itself as his song went on. It would seem to whisper around and the light in the room was drawn to him as he let the manipulative talent of his vocal abilities flow heavily.
Usually his songs were meant to make someone trust him, or to cause pain or other emotions, but he was pretty sure he could manipulate someone into a particular action if he got the words and tone just right.

"your body is like the churning river, wild and untamable, your mind is racing, heartbeat pacing, with the relentless urge to move. You cannot resist the electric currents that encourage your feat to tap, and your hands grow ever restless, upon arms that wish to dance. Your energy is bubbling forward, uncontainable excited noise, your body yearns to follow the rhythm and the tempo of my voice~"

((basically Shae's power isn't direct, it controls emotions and thoughts and indirectly affects what a person WANTS.. so here he's using it to convince Den that he wants to dance.))
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Denskith Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Denskith listened to the music closely, dearly. Yes, he always loved to sing, but listening was nice, too. The words flowed into his eardrums . . . This student really did sing well. It was encouraging. Still, what was he trying to do?

Denskith found himself, at first, tap to the music. He took no alarm to this; it was a common occurance when listening to the wonderfulness that is music music. However, when he soon found himself swaying wildly back and forth across the room, the boy's intention was clear. He was dancing (as ever crudely it was)! Even stranger, he seemed to like it.

The music teacher's face flushed in embarrassment; this was the first time someone else had controled him with music. "Erm-- v-very nice." He kept dancing-- it was hard to stop. As usual, resisting temptations or any suggestions was hard to do.

"Can I stop now?" he asked rather meekly, but found rather his own feet slowly stopping and coming to a hault in front of the boy. Huh. So, it wasn't an absolute command. How wonderfully convienent; no one had to die. He looked up to the boy for further explination.
Denskith
Denskith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next