The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Day full of Good

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day full of Good - Page 2 Empty Re: Day full of Good

Post  Abel Halsey Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 am

To have seen the feline fumble with the pair of coats might have amused Abel, even as he would have felt bad at the same time. Of course, he missed the display because he had been busy scratching down his message. Now he watched with a great deal of baited breath and patience while Ndale looked around, looked at Abel, looked at the book, looked at the note...

He watched another moment of confusion pass, all the while looking right at the cheetah. So when Ndale finally turned his amber eyes back on the horse, he was ready to meet them. It was interesting to see the almost-human expressions pace over his feline features while he worked out the possibility. Both of the shire's ears twitched with contained excitement when Ndale was quick to figure it out. He responded to the question with an eager bob of his massive skull, then leaned his neck forwards and bumped his nose gently against the table and the note that lay upon it, just to confirm it was his hand.

Blue eyes turned on the cheetah again and he waited to see what the other would do with this information. He was both eager and anxious. It had been easy enough to get the ball rolling, but what now? Was it Ndale's move or did Abel have to figure out himself how to guide them through... whatever leg of the task was next. But for the first time in five years he really felt like he was doing something about this, not merely praying devoutly and working as hard as he could push his muscles to prove his worth. For some reason, this bizarre boy-cheetah and him were meant to help each other, he just wasn't sure how yet.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay.

Ndale's ears were pinned back, a rather passive, slightly frustrated, look of his face. It was unsure if he was just having a hard time believing this situation or just exasperated. Possibly just unimpressed? There was really no clear indication because the cheetah himself had yet to know what it was he was feeling. Hmm.

Finally, he sighed and shook his head. Really, shaking his head was indeed a horse thing, but the timing and the pointing to the note was really too well timed and well...conversational. Alright, well, whoever this...Abel-horse was, he was obviously trying to communicate now. Again, obviously, he wasn't speaking for a reason, or he would have to state his name. Except...he was able to write. But not in front of him. Amber gaze slid back to the table. Well, it was a long shot, but hey. Why not?

The cheetah stood, bones morphing and hands pulling the now more fitted coat around his rather naked form as the fur receded. Ndale picked up the pen and flipped the page over. In rough, but legible handwriting, he scrawled out a few things:

1. Abel, are you trying to communicate with me through notes? Why? And why can't you speak?

2. How can you write? You're a horse. Can you change like I do? and if so, why don't you?

There. Lets start with that. The feline hummed, placed the quill next to the paper and looked up to the Shire with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright. Listen if you really understand. I'm going to walk away for the count of 40. I left questions. I guess...I'll just see what happens when I get back..." His lips tilted, obviously not expecting much out of this. Again, he shook his head and then turned. Ndale walked over to behind a bookcase, facing away. He leaned back against it and slid down to sit carelessly on the ground. He was still only in a coat, but it was long and he didn't really care. Closing his eyes, he started his count aloud.

"One....Two....Three....Four...."
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Halsey Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:45 pm

The frustrated look on the cheetah's face cowed the much larger shire. He suddenly felt guilty for causing confusion and possibly involving Ndale before considering whether or not the cheetah-boy wanted to be. But Abel's strange companion shook his head and seemed to come to some sort of a decision, so he waited, and watched.

When Ndale's form suddenly shifted again rather unexpectedly, the horse drew his head back and one ear pinned in some imitation of a wince. It happened to smoothly and yet, it was unnerving because it was simply something that shouldn't be. He wondered if his transformation was as unsettling, but he assumed it might not be because it tended to be rather instantaneous as opposed to Ndale's graceful transition, like he had merely demanded the exercise of a normal muscle.

Then Abel realized Ndale was writing something down, and both ears perked to attention. He tilted his head to the side, but as bad as his eye sight was, it was even worse in this body. So as soon as the boy had left his explanation and turned his back, Abel scrambled to snatch up the parchment and tug it close to his face to help force the writing into focus.

Still squinting at the page as he returned it to the table and hastily claimed the quill, his mind scrambled for an abridged explanation he could give. He could hear Ndale counting, which was helpful. He assured himself he had enough time. Below the pair of questions, the blonde boy began in a trained and neatly slanted scrawl, that while still resembled his previous writing, was obviously less stressed.

Yes. I have no voice, I'm sorry.
I am human whenever no one is looking. Please, I do not wish for more people to know.
My curse is instant and the change, unintentional.

Abel had time to read it over and frown at his short message. He hadn't really answered the 'why', but he wasn't entirely sure yet. For a moment, he considered detailing briefly how he thought that perhaps they were meant to help each other, but without knowing Ndale better he was wary to give too much information before realizing his whole task himself and how it was now involved with the other, in case it made the cheetah boy shy away. This would do for now. So he waited with much anticipation for the counting to be over.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:42 pm

The feline continued his outspoken time. He had heard movement, but just kept his eyes closed despite his curiosity. He'd wait out the 40 counts like he said he would. Something strange was going on and he didn't want to mess it up unintentionally.

"29...30..."

Counting to forty was a long time though. He sighed internally.

"38...39...40..."

There.

Ndale opened his eyes and pushed off the floor, ceasing his number-calling. With much skepticism, he rounded the book case and strolled leisurely back over to the desk, eyeing the awaiting large Shire. Honestly, he wasn't expecting much, but when he got over and looked down at the paper, he was surprised to see addition to the note. Answers, to be more specific. He hummed in thought as amber eyes trailed over the fancy lettering. Okay, No voice. That explained a lot. But, what was really interesting was that the horse was apparently a human in disguise. The cheetah raised an eyebrow and glanced over at the beast.

"Okay, so...because I can see you...you're a horse, but when I am not looking...you're a human." He spoke in low, thought-filled tones. Alright...there were stranger things in this school. He stood, in thought, a moment. Ndale glanced to the side, then huffed and sigh, giving a lazy shrug. Well, alright.

He closed his eyes. Still not exactly sure what he was expecting, he lifted his arms in and eyebrows in an expectant manner.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Halsey Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:14 pm

When Ndale returned, Abel waited patiently for the boy to read over the note and give it some thought. The shire didn't realize he had been holding a breath until he slowly released it upon the cheetah boy's reaction. Of course, this strange place he had been brought to had a very many unexplaineable things and creatures and people on it, but for some inherent reason Abel had still been nervous about how insane his explanation would appear. Would Ndale think it was other students playing a trick? But of course, he realized he knew it beneath his anxiety, Ndale would know better than to think this impossible or tomfoolery because he himself had a similar affliction. Nevertheless, Abel is relieved when it is not laughter that is directed at him.

Arms, though, gave him another pause. The now-boy hesitated, pale gaze flickering to Ndale's face and then to his hands. Physical interaction had been avoided like a disease since his curse was cast. As a horse it was necessary in order to wear the equipment of labor and perform his duties to mankind, but never had he snuck up while no one was looking and initiated contact. It would be confusing and mean, though more to himself he supposed, when the person would certainly turn around to greet a shire.

But since Ndale was expectant and seemed willing to understand, Abel extended one hopeful hand to bump his finger tips against the other's. His own hand was long and thin and bony with knobby knuckles and dirty, chipped fingernails. His skin looked iridescently pale to him in the heavy dimness of the library, and though he had always been extremely fair-skinned, he supposed a lot of sun-time spent under a coat of protective fur didn't help.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:59 pm

He waited a moment, unsure of what exactly was happening. Ndale didn't like not being able to see. Soon, though, something bumped against his hand that almost made his jump. His brows furrowed lightly in concentration as his hand moved forward to find it again, pressing against what was surely another hand. This was...strange. He knew it had been a horse in front of him, was certain, and yet, without seeing, without surely knowing anymore, there was a human.

Reaching forward, the feline moved to intertwine his fingers with the other's, feeling their thin, long bony structure. He couldn't observe the difference of his own sun-tanned skin against the pale other's. Using his other hand, he started at Abel's wrist and lightly followed the path of his arm, finger tips brushing feather-light up, to his shoulder and neck, finally finding the boy's jaw. He cupped the jaw in his hands, getting a sense of what this Abel looked like, trailing up into messy hair.

"So, you really are a human. Interesting. Apparently, not a bad looking one either." He gave a light 'heh'. "If you didn't want people to know, then why are you telling me? Were you born a horse or a human?" He had written something about a curse, right?

Throughout this, he kept his eyes firmly closed.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Halsey Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

It became marginally difficult to swallow and Abel forced the defiant lump of nervousness down when Ndale responded by seeking out his hand more thoroughly. Having his arm traversed was awkward, at least for him. It made gooseflesh shoot up his arm and down his back. It was unnerving having a near-stranger ghost over your skin and directly and purposefully invade your personal space. Of course, it wasn't as if Ndale had much of an option if he wanted to try and paint a mental picture of his cursed companion. So besides some initial tensing, Abel tried to relax the muscles in his shoulders and let the other boy see with his fingers. And secretly to himself, Abel found he sort of liked the sensation of fingers in his hair. It reminded him of human compassion, the sort you don't get a lot of as a horse.

He stood perfectly still like a breathing statue. The comment was taken with a grain of salt, Ndale was perhaps trying to cheer him up from the misfortunes of his curse no doubt, but he really wasn't very sad about it. He found it unfortunate, certainly. But fortune must be gained.

Finally, Abel stepped away from the other a bit. One hand maintained contact with Ndale's fingers so that the cheetah boy would hopefully realize he wasn't leaving and keep his eyes closed. With his other hand, Abel reached out and took up the quill. On the same sheet of paper, below his last message, he wrote something more. The scratching of the pen on paper was the only sound.

You change as well, I think we are meant to help help each other.
I was born a human.

It was still a little vague, but Abel wasn't entirely sure himself. He didn't know the details of how they were meant to help each other, only that he wouldn't have met Ndale and realized his ability if he weren't meant to.

Setting the quill back on the table, Abel stepped around Ndale until he stood behind him. One hand rested lightly on the back the cheetah's should, low enough to be out of view. So long as Ndale didn't turn to glance behind him, Abel would be able to remain as he was.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 am

It was strange. He felt like that if he opened his eyes, he would see this young man in front of him. He refrained, however. Though, he was glad at Abel allowed the exploration. Ndale was so used to judging on looks first, and yet, how could he do that with someone he couldn’t see? At least, in this way, he knew that the horse-boy was not horribly deformed or disfigured. In fact, he felt rather adorable. It was a shame, really, he could not see him.

At first, as his now human companion stepped away, Ndale thought he might be leaving and he was going to step forward to follow blindly. The thing that stopped him, however, was the hand that never left his. After a moment, the cheetah could pick out the sound of writing and realization came. He had asked a question of someone with no voice. Duh. And so the feline waited patiently, unsure of how exactly he could read when not having eyes open. Perhaps Abel would just wait and be horses again while he read, then he’d close his eyes again, and such would the pattern continue.

Cheetah ears twitched as the boy moved by his side. His hackles rose slightly at the hand on his back, hair spiking a bit. It wasn’t a warning sign, just the fact that the contact there made his skin shiver. It was alike the anticipation of being pet, though he entertained no thoughts of the boy actually petting him. Almost hesitantly, Ndale opened his eyes, gaze trained on the desk and trying not to look around. He read the new notes and raised an eyebrow.

“The difference is, Abel, that I was born a cheetah. It’s in my species to be able to change. I don’t have a curse…” He tried to think of what could possibly be the same about them. “I mean, I can teach you how to do certain things without hands, but I don’t really know how much I can help you…” He grinned and gave a light shrug. “Lets be friends, though, yeah? Our secret.” He slipped his eyes closed again and turned his head as if to look over his shoulder at the boy.

Hey, it would certainly be interesting.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Halsey Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 pm

For a moment it was like a weight settling, and Abel let his shoulders sag a bit at the response. His hand still remained still on the back of Ndale's shoulder but his singers may have tensed a little with the disappointment. Ndale could not help him, then. This thought mulled around in his head for a couple minutes while half his mind paid attention to what the cheetah boy was saying to him, trying to offer as kindly as Abel supposed he could. When the face with it's closed eyes turned to face him better, Abel thought that Ndale was a good person for caring even though he couldn't help the way Abel had hoped he could. He was trying. And with a blink and a small smile, he realized the other was offering him a friendship. Well maybe this is just how it started. Of course, it wouldn't be as easy as finding one person with the answer and it would all be over. He would have to work a little harder, for a little bit longer. With a nod that Ndale wouldn't be able to see anyway, the blonde boy searched out the other's hand to give it an accepting shake.

Now that it had been pointed out, Abel could spot the differences he should have noticed earlier. His own transformation was stark because he was not naturally a horse in any way. And when he was human, he was completely so. Ndale on the other hand, still had those curious ears that twitched as naturally as they did on an animal. A tell-tale line of stripes and spots stretched from the hairline at the nape of his neck, appeared to actually be in his skin like many strange birth-marks, and the boy retained a tail that could be spotted trailing out from beneath the bottom hem of the detective's jacket.

Ndale looked very 'cheetah' in his human form, and Abel couldn't suppress a quiet sigh before reprimanding himself with the promise of an extra hour of prayer before bed for feeling disappointed at the prospect of harder work.

The hand at Ndale's shoulder patted the fabric there twice in a friendly manner of thanks.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 am

Ndale's grin pulled wider as the hand sought his, and he squeezed it back happily. He caught the small sigh, and was worried he had disappointed the other boy with his inability to help. But, the pats to his shoulder were reassuring, at least.

"I'll try to help, Abel. Perhaps we'll find something. If nothing else, I can be someone to talk to, I know what it's like to be both human and animal. Side's, you'll find I can persistent and useful in strange ways." He gave a lighthearted chuckle. Then, he realized his mistake. "Well, not talk to...persay...but, you know, write notes to and hang out with." He shrugged, eyebrows raising in a 'my bad' kind of expression.

One thing, though, that Ndale got from the boy, was that his friendship was accepted. Really, that was all the cheetah needed, more than he needed actually, to be affectionate. With a swift, graceful motion, the feline spun, using intertwined hands to try and pull the boy forward, free arm moving to slip around the other's thin waist and pull him close in a rather forward hug, completely ignoring the fact both were rather indecently dressed. Hey, the cat didn't care, honestly and quite obviously. He was just an affectionate cuddle-er, as marked by his blind attempt to nuzzle into Able's neck and collarbone.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Halsey Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

The slip-up didn't offend Abel. In fact, he was amused when Ndale realized the mistake and tried to amend what he'd meant by 'talk'. There was some hope to be had here, yes. And he was quick to appreciate Ndale's promise of discretion. The last thing he wanted was for people to be aware of his plight, trying to help or pitying him, or just not understanding. It was difficult enough to explain as it was, but this cheetah seemed to get it. In fact, Abel was already considering ways to secure and store some paper and writing utensils, in fact, so that he could easily leave his new friend notes. New friend; Thought made him smile.

Abel was very suddenly caught severely off-guard when he felt the tug on his hand. Ndale moved so swiftly, the blonde had no chance to evade the embrace before he even realized what was happening. A coughing sort of surprised noise caught in his throat. Abel was, in contrast to the cheetah-boy, very conscious of their state, but found himself trapped with an arm around his waist and unfortunately unwilling to do the preferred-but-rude reaction and pry himself away.

Instead, his body tensed with noticeable discomfort and the hand that had been on Ndale's shoulder lifted to pat the boy awkwardly on the head. Abel found some ease in reminding himself that Ndale was, in fact, a cat. Acting as cats do. It didn't stop Abel from trying to discreetly tilt his head back and away from the affectionate nuzzling.
Abel Halsey
Abel Halsey
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Ndale didn't seem to care that the body he was hugging tensed uncomfortably. He felt it, sure, but his thought was that the boy was probably just unused to it, hugs. The pat had been taken as more of an acceptance of his affection anyway. He stopped trying to nuzzle Abel, but rather just rested his chin upon the other boy's shoulder while still having his arms looped around the thin waist. He hummed.

"Hey, Abel, how should we get to know each other? I mean, we can pass notes...hmm, but if we're staying human, I suppose I should go get a pair of pants... just in case someone comes in." The feline sighed as if it were such a bother... "Orrrr," He drawled out, purring as an idea came to him. "We could go wander the castle some more as animals and really freak some people out." He snickered, obviously thinking this slight misfortune of others amusing.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2