The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Something Different

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Something Different - Page 2 Empty Re: Something Different

Post  Esteban Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Gears in his head were turning as he stared at the machinery in front of him, fiddling idly with the knife. Maybe if he unscrewed that... But no, that probably wasn't there. He'd have to pry it open, somehow... Focused on the bike, Esteban did not even notice the girl stepping back from Owen. But then, a hand appeared in front of his face. A hand with a key. He blinked, did a double take, and slowly raised his gaze to Owen's face. He stared in transfixed disbelief, not even aware Owen's attention had shifted to Jami.

So it was really Owen's chopper. He felt a wave of mixed feelings wash over him at that revelation. Confusion, a bit of jealousy, maybe. But he was most definitely impressed. Unless it was 'his' bike as much as Jami was 'his'. But yet again, he found himself giving Owen the benefit of the doubt.

"Yo... weren't lyin', mon..." he said quietly, then his brow furrowed. "Why didn'tja tell me outright t'was yo bike?!" He shook his head with an exasperated huff and a roll of his eyes, then continued in a nagging voice. "Scratch dat, why didn'tja tell me yo had a bike at all?! That's not cool! Frickin'ell, homes. Tis so cool! We coulda gone fer a ride, I wouldna have to walk'at whole long ...ing road every time I..." Only now noticing that something was not okay, his voice drifted off into silence, and his gaze flickered between Owen and Jami questioningly.
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Height : 171
Weight : 60

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/Esteban-AALC-326126981

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Staring at the bike now Jami shook her head. When Owen produced the keys she couldn't agree more with Esteban. If he had done that in the first place, then she wouldn't have gone and embarrassed herself. Frowning Jami looked to Owen. "You are. The bike, and the thought that we were going to have some time together for once." She let out a half assed laugh. "Like we ever get that, something always happens!" Her wings materialized, and were moving at a blurring speed. Hovering slightly she crossed her arms. Had it even been worth coming to see him, knowing it was most likely going to end badly once again?

"This must be jinxed or something. You and I." Looking quickly to Esteban she took a deep breath. This was just as embarrassing. Getting angry in front of a new student, but she slightly didn't care. Looking back to Owen, Jami touched back down on the ground, taking steps towards them. "Why do I even bother with you anymore, I am tired of you treating me like shit. I get that I changed something when I left, but even when I came back you hadn't changed your act. I am not the problem here." Reaching the bike and the boys she stuck out a hand to shove him back a bit.

"Tell me one reason I shouldn't leave, right now, and leave you immobile on the floor." Her look was cold and hurt. The fairy's hands were in fists, her wings still moving fast. Hovering again she moved up a few inches trying to appear taller.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 pm

He was distracted for a moment to look at Esteban, smirking proudly at his words. 'Cool'. Yep, that's exactly what it was. He raised his chin high. He was moments away from explaining that he'd purposely intended to drag out the suspense, that is, until Jami spoke up again.

He stared at her. That's all he could really do; stare, with his expression genuinely quite startled. As far as he was concerned, Jami was flipping out at him for no good reason at all, heck, he hadn't realised that she'd been upset at all. After all that he'd done too? And then he glanced desperately to Esteban, for just a brief second, trying to smile it off. It was under control. All under control. He failed to realise that he'd done the exact same thing with Jami just a few minutes ago.

But then her words started to sting a little. His brows creased, offended. He tried to cut in, gesturing to the bike. "But I was gonna--!" But he quickly silenced again as she continued. He wanted to protest, but the words stuck in his throat, still overcoming the suddenness of her outburst. And when she'd finished, there was nothing that he could do nor say to her. He just... hadn't realised... that she'd... He blinked, his expression like he'd just witnessed a car crash.

Then he managed to choke out a word.
"What?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:27 am

He turned around to face the two, his blue eyebrows riding up on his forehead as the girl went on. "Uh..." His wide-eyed, perplexed stare turned to Owen briefly as the boy sought out his gaze, then back to Jami. He scratched the back of his head, not taking his eyes off the faerie. He didn't get it. What was she so angry about? Was the prospect of being in a relationship with Owen so offensive, she got pissed at him pretending that was how things were? Or was it the fact that she wanted one, but it didn't work out? Or maybe they were exes? Or maybe she just didn't like him, Esteban, being there, getting between them? Nothing made sense. And it seemed that Owen didn't understand, either.

Well, whatever the reason, she was the one being stupid. She acted like they were in an old marriage, like Owen owed her something - like it was his fault she was getting her knickers in a twist over something that amounted to a dumb joke. Whether they were steady (which seemed rather unlikely at that point) or not, she was blowing things out of proportion and had no right to yell at his Owen like that.

After a split second of pause, Esteban's lips quirked with a disbelieving smile. "Jeez, shorty. An' people tell me I flip ma lid for no reason." He snorted. "Chill. Yo on the rag or sumtin'?" Shifting his gaze to Owen, he shook his head slightly. "An' yo gonna take'er crap?"
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm

What? That was it? She had tried to speak pretty clearly. Jami was just about to start speaking again when Esteban spoke up. Giving her attention to him she suddenly most of fire behind the anger just seconds ago. Blinking at he green boy in confusion she stood up straight. "Wait, what?" Jami thought for a second before realizing what he had said. "No am I not! Gosh, your so weird." Her cheeks turned red with her annoyance. Why the heck would her ask such a strange and personal question. What the heck, for all she knew she could have been pmsing... Whatever.

Looking at Owen she gave him that look again of disappointment. "I'd be surprised if you did. You never stand up for yourself, and when you do your really bad at it." Looking at Esteban she continued talking, "I'm sick of things happening over and over again, and this kid not growing up." Turning around Jami stepped away from the two boys and took off the ground to hover above them a few feet. "Owen should know what I mean, and if he doesn't it's his loss."
Jami looked back down at Owen, wondering if he'd say anything worth her staying.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Owen had to cringe at Esteban's words - not helping, not helping. If anything, the only way it did help was by lifting Jami's attention from him for a precious few moments. And surprisingly, she didn't explode at his words. He didn't get that.

But there was no time to mull about it. As she continued, a defensive frown formed on his face, her words driving a metaphorical screwdriver into what was meant to be a healing wound. Was it his fault that everything seemed to go wrong? Was it his fault that bad things happened to him? God Almighty, he was trying, but apparently that wasn't good enough for her.
He'd thought she'd understood. He'd thought he was getting better. He'd went through all that effort too; obtaining the vehicle, arranging this event and...
Not good enough.

And now here she was, ranting and raving about him for god-knows-why. Sure, he went behind her back a little, but how could it be his fault? How could he have had any other choice? His stare was transfixed on her.
Again, his response was just a single syllable. "What."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:22 am

Esteban found her reaction rewarding, a smug smirk pulling at his lips at the sight of the blush. It faded soon, though, as she addressed Owen again, answering to Esteban's question for him. He followed her gaze to his face to see the frown; when she spoke to Esteban again, his brow was stitched in annoyance. Just what the hell was she on about? He huffed, eyeing her wings with some sort of envy, but quickly realizing that there was nothing to be jealous of. If that was what her kind of faeries were like, he preferred his own kind in the end. They were jerks, but at least they weren't idiots.

Glaring up at the flying girl, he did a sort of a small bounce as if he'd half-wanted to reach her. Twisting his face into an exaggerated pout, he repeated her words in a mocking, high tone: "I'm sick of this kid not growing up. Oh boo-hoo." He rubbed at his eye with his fist, then let his hands fall to his sides again, giving Jami a haughty look. "Who th'eck do yo think you are, his mother?" he snarled. "Na wonder yo got so mad, then, at him sayin' yo were datin'. Tha' be incest."
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm

"Feels like it." she muttered to herself. Jami was motherly towards most of her friends though. It was apart of her whole caring thing. Rubbing her temples she shut out the mocking boy and took a deep breath. Everything was so frustrating. "Whatever," she said slightly louder. Giving Owen one more glance Jami flew out the door. Reaching the nearest tree Jami swung onto the lowest branch and plopped herself on to it. Wrapping her arms around herself she leaned her head on her knees.

She was stupid, things probably were going to get better if she just hadn't flipped out... but it didn't change the fact Owen was planning to use her to make his friend think better of him, or whatever the reason was. Esteban was a completely different thought process her mind. Jami couldn't help but feel he was one of those people, nice girls like her would keep messing up in front of, and then they would pick you apart with it. It was a shame she also felt like he was the type of person you wanted to like you. Balling a hand into a fist she whip herself around and hit the tree. Upon impact she remembered a time when she had broken her hand doing the same stupid act. Owen had been there, and another guy.. but she couldn't remember his name.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:17 am

The boy glanced between the faerie and his friend and back, unsure. He hadn't much reason to root for Jami, seeing as this whole thing was about some apparent deep seated loathing she had for him. But Esteban's words almost made him wince; not just at the mental imagery, but the fact that it could very well make Jami flip her lid. Again.

Eventually, he figured that Esteban was on his side anyway, so he inched closer to him, nodding along in disapproving agreement. He was right, anyway, he was sick of her treating him like a misbehaving kid, who did she think she was anyway, she had no right to--

And there she went. Oh, and she'd yelled at him once for suddenly leaving, what made her so special-- Exhaling audibly through his nostrils, he stared off into the distance of where she'd left, allowing his anger to fester within. Oh God, it wasn't fair, it just wasn't fair. She wasn't fair.

He whipped around to face Esteban. "Did you see that?" He jabbed a finger into the distance, his tone almost resembling a shriek. "Did you-- Did you see that?! She," he continued to point his finger urgently, "--I can't believe she--" Finding himself at a loss of words, he stared hopelessly at Esteban, hoping for that bit of sympathy.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 am

When Jami flew away, he scowled after her, grumbling under his breath as disappointment washed over him. But he was only getting started...! Why cut arguments short like that before they got to the good part?! Of course, he wouldn't start a fistfight with a girl, but retaliating was another thing... And arguing with just words felt good, either way. Still, he supposed he was victorious, even if it wasn't really the most satisfactory outcome.

He turned his head sharply to Owen when he addressed him, giving him a disbelieving look. "I know." Narrowing his eyes, again he looked in the direction Jami left and exhaled a heavy sigh. "Chicks." he said in a world-weary tone, nodding his head sagely. "Ain't nottin' but tricks."

Tutting, he turned around to the chopper again and started softly brushing off the marks his shoes left when he had clambered over it before. Unfortunately, his hands only made it dirtier, but that merely made him redouble his efforts until he hissed in annoyance and pulled up the hem of his shirt to use it instead. He shook his head, sighing again, as the whole conversation replayed in his head, not making much more sense than the first time. Jami and Owen clearly had a history of some sort, that much was certain. Esteban threw a brief, scrutinizing glance in Owen's direction, then returned to fussing over the bike. "So d'yo have any clue what's her beef, homes?"
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Owen wasn't in the right mind to admire his clever use of rhyming - he just stared off again, not quite so much angry as just plain bitter. In fact, he barely noticed Esteban so generously buffing his bike. It was only when the question was asked that he gave a tiny start, looking to him.

"...I dunno." He shrugged lamely, and wanted to leave it at just that. But after a few moments of nothing, he forced himself to speak up again. "She just... she don't trust me, yaknow? She thinks I'm gonna get into a load of crap or something--" He moved his hand to point at Esteban instead. "But it's not my fault, y'know?! I always get the blame, I always gotta put up with all the frikken consequences, and I'm always the goddamn loser!" He blinked, realising that during his rant, he'd somehow approached Esteban with a finger pointing up at his chin.

He turned away, grasping clumps of his hair with both hands.
"I just... fuuughh...."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

At the short answer, Esteban stopped cleaning the bike and turned around to look at Owen incredulously. He could feel that something more was coming, though, so he stayed silent. And surely enough it did. And how so. He tilted his head back when the finger was pointed at his chin, staring at Owen with raised eyebrows. His gaze flickered briefly to the hoodie that he had grabbed just moments ago. How come that when guys had a row, they could sort it out and make up in moments, but girls just had to huff and puff and sulk? He would never understand.

"Ain't gotta put up with nothin'." he said quietly to his back. "From nobody."

He took a step to stand by Owen's side and see his face, gazing at him curiously. "I mean, are yo into 'er that much? S'just another chick." He paused. "Her tits are big, but..." he trailed off, eyes glazing over, then shook his head furiously, hair flying up everywhere. "Whaddam sayin' is, she ain't the only one."

Esteban shrugged, spreading his arms, eyes wide with genuine lack of understanding.

"What's it matter?"
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 pm

At Esteban's words, he slowly lowered his arms, his head slowly turning around to look at him again. His eyebrow did slowly raise at him, but by the time he finished, he was staring off, suddenly enlightened to his words. He raised his head in a hopeful manner... before deflating again with a weak shrug. "Nah. Who'm I kidding? She was the only one. She actually gave a damn about me..." He frowned as darker memories come to mind. "...Sometimes."

He exhaled; suddenly he was so very confused. Of course he was sick to the bone of being treated the way he was in all its unfairness and the way she seemed to dismiss Leon was a problem at all... But did he really want to leave her? He tried to look back to the happier memories... but sunny days were suddenly being clouded over with grey rainstorms.

He looked to Esteban worriedly. "What d'you think I should do?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:46 pm

He watched Owen curiously, tilting his head slightly. Try as he might, he just couldn't find himself sympathizing, still not really understanding what exactly was the problem. A small voice of temptation suggested to make fun of Owen for using the phrase 'she was the only one' in his head, but he silenced it after a moment of deliberation. Girl problems made the best men idiots.

"I think," he said, patting Owen on the back in a friendly manner. "thachu should stop carin' so much. Girls don' like a dog bein' all mopey. Then, maybe, she wonn be the only one." Despite all, he simply couldn't say that with a straight face and without at least a slightly mocking tone. Esteban snickered, a devious grin on his face. "Yo got bigger fish ta fry, now, homes... Like, the fact chu lost a bet." Chuckling, he took a step back, putting his hands on his hips and looking Owen over appraisingly, as if musing over what to do now that he had won.
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:21 am

Given that he had a lot of experience in the matter, Owen didn't miss the mocking undertone of his words, and thus gave him a sour look in return. But still, he may have actually had a point. However, 'not caring' was a lot easier said than done, and though Owen often liked to claim that he didn't care, he truthfully did. A lot. But now he had reasons not to...

However, his expression suddenly dropped at his latter words, before curling itself into disbelief. "The bet...?" He turned to face him fully. "The bet? You're bringing it up now?! I dun even care about the goddamn bet anymore! Screw it!"

He groaned audibly, turning to give a half-hearted kick to the motorcycle's wheel... before feeling bad about it less than a moment later. "Yeah, I get it. I lied, we ain't actually dating, I made it all up. But..." He frowned, staring down at the bike. "I was gonna ask her today, man..."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 am

Esteban had brought it up half wanting to rub in his victory and gloat, half hoping it would distract Owen from the fiasco. When either result refused to be reaped, he let out a displeased grunt. Kicking at the tire hardly made him blink, though - it wasn't like it would cause any damage - but he raised his eyebrows at Owen admitting to his lie so openly. He had hardly known him to do things like that.

What came after that was even more surprising, and Esteban let out a long whistle. "Duude." he said, nothing better to say coming to mind. "Dude."

He paused for a moment, staring at Owen blankly, trying to come up with something at least vaguely comforting. As his gaze fell to the bike, he reached to pat the seat. Well, Jami certainly didn't seem too impressed by it... She had no taste whatsoever. He shrugged. "Tis her loss, ain't it? An' imagine, if she's so... much of a... girl dog..." He coughed. "--when you're just friends, how would she nag atchu if she was yo girlfriend?" He shook his head. "M'tellin' ya, t'wasn't meant ta be."
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:54 pm

He frowned. Given that during his stay at the academy he had next to no one to truly confide in with his problems, it was refreshing to have Esteban's support. For once, the words that were directed to him wasn't just slander against his name, it was genuine advice. And more and more, he was starting to truly believe what he was saying.

"Yeah," he suddenly said. "Yeah. You're right. She's never happy with anything I do, so whut's the point in trying anyway?" He scrunched his face in displeasure. "She can go suck it. Her and Leon." The name was seethed with a particular emphasis and he glanced at Esteban, wondering if he'd told him about the demon.
He continued regardless. "She's been pining over him all this time anyway."

Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 am

Esteban nodded energetically along with Owen's words. Jami definitely wasn't worth trying hard for, especially when she couldn't even say precisely what was the problem she had with Owen anyway. So the problem was probably with her. The mention of another boy gave him pause, though, and he listened with rapt attention, then let out a shrill cackle.

"Dere's yer answer, then." He snorted with a shrug. "Let 'er."

Seemingly unable to leave the chopper alone for longer than a few seconds, he let his gaze sweep across the machine as he rubbed off some imaginary stain on the tank. "R'member whatchu told me, homes? This place's swimmin' with chicks." He gave him a sidelong glance as he grinned. "Y'should jus' hook up wit sumone else."
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 pm

"Oh, yeah, right." He rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner, his tone an obviously sarcastic drawl. "I'm sure they'll all be flingin' theirselves over me." He snorted, pausing in thought for a moment, trying to recollect just why Jami had fallen for him in the first place. He called her saying something like 'love doesn't make sense'. Either that, or she just couldn't think of anything nice to say about him.

Still, how would it feel to finally be free from the bonds of self doubt and pressure? There was a wound that still remained, of course, but there was also an opportunity. His lips twisted in thought, before he returned the glance to Esteban. "Yeah. I don't need her." And finally, for the first time, a grin appeared on his face, and he turned towards the vestibule door, pushing it open, before glancing back at his friend.

"I'm getting dinner." He beckoned with a tilt of his head. "You comin' with?"

Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Esteban just gave a careless, one-shouldered shrug in response. Girls were hardly disposed towards flinging themselves over guys in general, it seemed, and in his humble opinion there was nothing so wrong with Owen as to prevent him from scoring. Plenty of fish in the sea.

When Owen finally reached the right conclusion, Esteban chuckled happily. How lucky that he happened to have found the chopper that day! He prevented him from making a grave mistake and tying himself down to the wrong person. At the question, though, his smile fell and he looked between Owen and the bike, visibly torn. Finally, he sighed and his shoulders slumped. "Yea, shure." He caught up with Owen quickly, but some disappointment at leaving the machine still lingered. He threw a thumb over his shoulder towards it. "Yo'll hafta tell me where'd'ja get it." He squinted suspiciously. "An' why didn't you tell me 'bout it earlier."

Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm

As he agreed, he leaned against the open door, awaiting Esteban to follow. At the question, he notably paused, hesitating for a few moments more than necessary... before waving it off with a shaky chuckle.
"Yeah, yeah. Sure. I was just wantin' to keep it a surprise, that's all!" He looked away, unable to bring himself to hold any sort of steady gaze, as he started heading towards the direction of the dining hall.

"Maybe... Maybe I'll tell you later."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esteban Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Esteban scrunched up his nose in disbelief, but decided to let it slide. For now. An excuse good enough, even if it didn't really explain why Owen was so visibly unhappy to see him with the bike. Oh well, whatever, he didn't really care. He supposed he'd be nervous too if he saw himself messing with some valuable possession of his...

"A'ight."

Letting out a snicker, he walked alongside Owen, hoping that this time the dinner would be something more edible.
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2