The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I was summoned here... now what do I do?

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I was summoned here... now what do I do? - Page 2 Empty Re: I was summoned here... now what do I do?

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 pm

As he heard a strange voice in his head, he tried to rub it with a towel to get out it, with little success. It was then he bothered to look at the aquarium, to see a strange fish-like creature. He stepped closer to the tank, staring at it thoughtfully. "...I'm not going in there," he finally decreed, looking rather disturbed. He shuddered at the thought of swimming with a hundred or so scaly fishes, as well as this rather...unique thing. He looked to Everly, shruggling slightly. "Wasn't going to anyways."

He looked up and down the tank, frowning. "How'd you get in there anyway...?" he asked, pressing his finger against the glass in boredom.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

I was summoned here... now what do I do? - Page 2 Empty Re: I was summoned here... now what do I do?

Post  Shiver Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:47 pm

The mer's lips drew tight with disappointment at Everly's response. His gaze followed the young celtic girl's movement as she ventured closer to the aquarium. He blinked widely, and as soon as her fingers met the glass, the silvery form twisted and darted around the tank in a downwards spiral, stopping short eye-level with the student. He sneered when she backed away but was quickly distracted by the second student approaching the tank as well. Agilely shifting to be in front of the taller one, his palms pressed against the glass and he tapped his flattish nose against the surface where Owen's finger rested.

Up up up... floooor three. He barred his teeth again, wanting so badly to bite. His tail fluttered restlessly behind him. Down, so far down, down the ocean.

His eyes squinted at the digit in annoyance, as if he had expected to be able to bite it through the barrier, and he shifted down a touch further to glare at it cross-eyed. He blinked again, and his gaze shifted imploringly towards the student's face.

Coome swim..
Shiver
Shiver
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 147
Weight : 42

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+shiver

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Everly walked slowly towards the tank, but kept her position behind the two students. She crossed her arms casually, her blue dress wrinkling slightly under the pressure. "We installed this tank because Charles wanted me to be able to see all the beautiful fish. They find their way in and out again." She smiled, remembering. "Of course, it's become Shiver's door now as well now. There are others like him around the island, but he's the only one that likes to visit."

The water in the tank revealed its sea origin through the green tint that reflected the light from the candles that lined the vestibule walls. "Anyway, was there something I could help you two with?"
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 53 kg

http://aalc.deviantart.com/gallery/32021409#/d49g3u1

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Raising an eyebrow with interest, Owen pulled his finger away, then slid it into a different position on the glass to see if it would follow. "Eh, sorry little guy, I don't swim," he admitted, sliding his finger casually across the glass. He frowned thoughtfully for a moment, then raised his finger again. "You can't come out, right? I mean, on land and stuff..."

He glanced slightly at Everly as she explained. "It's called Shiver? ...Cool." As he watched the fish flitter about, and the merlad gazing anticipantly at him, he found this aquarium to be almost as interesting to view as his television. Yes, almost. He was giving it that much credit.

At Everly's question, he gave a slight shrug. "I dunno." He apparently wasn't in an informative mood today.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiver Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

The mer blinked owlishly when the student said he doesn't swim.

It drowns? The thought was more focused than before in his surprise, translating a little louder. Shiver will save it... drowning. His gaze glittered sagely, but whether it was an effect caused by sympathy or malevolence was unclear.

Shiver's gaze widened when the finger slid across the glass and he scrambled after it. He hunched his shoulders up and puffed his cheeks out against the glass, proceeding to spew out a mouthful of bubbles at the finger, though all the bubbles did were to make some noise then then float away. He kept his nose pressed to the glass as he followed the trail Owen drew.

Yess... crawl.. The thought grew slow again, being distracted by the finger as he was. ..Difficult.
Shiver
Shiver
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:27 pm

The girl shook a little, and her puppy soon came up barking "leave her alone" in his dog speech. It barked at Shiver trying to get him to stop scaring his girl, the cat hissed as well staying around the girl's feet the bunny just hopped into her arms all content-like.

Seeing Shiver's teeth, the girl turned and tried to run, heading strait for Everly

((sorry tiz short))

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 pm

The headmistress couldn't suppress a giggle. It wasn't that she necessarily thought the situation was funny, but she was amused at how Shiver had frightened the girl. When she saw the girl come running towards her she automatically backed up a few steps, holding up her hands defensively. "Whoa, whoa," she started. "You're still dirty, dear."

Realizing that that probably wasn't the reaction that the girl was hoping for, Everly dropped her hands and aimed a tentative pat at the girl's head. "Don't worry. He can't get to you through the glass."
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

An amused smirk broke on Owen's lips when he saw the creature's enthusiasm for a mere finger. "Uh, no thanks, I sink like a rock, trust me," he assured him, looking around dodgily. He turned around to see Andraste freaking out over something, and from what the animals were yelling, assumed it to be Shiver. "Pfft," he muttered, looking at the merlad again. "D'you get reactions like that often?" he joked, pressing his nose against the glass. He rolled his eyes at Everly's fretting, not because she was concerned for the girl, but because the whole situation seemed to silly to panic over. Shiver looked creepy sure, but dangerous? He'd seen kittens with a fiercer snarl.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 pm

The girl backed away from Everly a bit, her eyes filled with tears. The girl ran over to Owen and attempted to grab onto him for protection. She wanted to get closer to this Shiver, and wanted to see him more clearly, however, she was also afraid of him. Curious, but afraid. Her fear was more based on his sharp teeth, and his general "come-to-me" nature. Not to mention everything was so new, it overwhelmed her a bit. The girl was starting to not like Everly, it was as if she had never seen dirt, and it actually made her upset that the woman wouldn't help her because she was dirty... what a silly notion. Aside from that, she didn't see a river to wash the mud off with along the way, all she really could see on her way was forest and road, and the ocean which was too salty to go getting bathed in.

Back to top Go down

I was summoned here... now what do I do? - Page 2 Empty Interesting....

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:03 pm

As Sebastian was walking through he noticed the two new ones, and he actually gave a little snicker, "Is it just me, or does this island have a thing for making everyone come in here soaking wet and a little muddy?" he said thinking back to his own entrance into the castle... a wet muddy mess as a wolf with professor Kale...

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Everly couldn't help but feel defeated as the girl backed away from her. She dropped her arms limply to her sides, unsure of how to fix the situation. She just wasn't good with people anymore it seemed. In her time, guests came into her house clean. They were respectful and proper during parties, and the servants were always there to clean up.

What it came down to, all Everly could think of to do was offer her hospitality. What would a little girl like? "Would you two care for some sweets?" she asked tentatively. "You can wait right here and I'll fetch some for you. Cakes? Cookies? Anything?" The headmistress waited hopefully for an answer.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Ignoring Sebastian, the child slowly moved away from Owen once more, "What's a cake...?" she asked fairly interested in the woman again. The child was mostly clean, it was only the very end of her dress that actually had gotten mud on it, and that was from a slight brushing against the ground, and the child had been careful enough to leave her muddy shoes at the door so that she wouldn't track mud around behind her. Her clean bare feet didn't leave a spot on the floor, and the dress was just high enough that it didn't scrape the ground and didn't leave a mess at all either.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiver Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 pm

The yappy little dog dres Shiver's attention and his gaze narrowed hotly. He hated dogs. The kitten-thing he ignored completely because it was pathetic and uninteresting, but the puppy's shrill ruckus made his fingers clench into fists against the glass and a snarl of his own pull at his lips. A hiss grew in his throat and he ducked in the direction of the little annoyance, the hiss erupting into a vicious high-pitched shriek accompanied by a mushroom cloud of bubbles and one webbed fist thundering loudly against the glass. The dirty little wretch was very lucky Shiver was in his tank because if he could have, he would have snatched it up and drowned the defenseless thing. He sensed the small girl's dissatisfaction with his mistress and sparred her only a brief glare, his famous grudge already setting into stone in his mind. Everly might as well be his mommy, and he would spare no compassion for those who showed her discourtesy.

Being done with the thing, he spun his attention back to his new 'friend' who was speaking to him again and came face-to-face with Owen's nose pressed up to the glass. He startled himself slightly, performing a hasty back-flip, before returning with new vigor to the wall of the aquarium. He pressed his palm flat against the glass over Owen's nose, and peered around his fingers with a grin, the simple action distracting him so completely from his short display of rage only a moment before.

He'd missed most of what Owen said, so he ponders a moment before answering, trying to form a response based on what words caught his interest.

Keep rocks... a pile, shiny.. shells, rocks.

He withdrew his palm from the glass and pressed his forehead against it instead to peer cross-eyed at Owen's funny nose, similarly to how he had peered at his finger earlier.

Doggss drown..

With his head still against the glass, his gaze flitted excitedly to Everly. He was sure he's just heard the words 'cakes' and 'cookies'.
Shiver
Shiver
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:39 am

As he heard what Shiver said, Ludolf whined and tried to get sebastian to move on, he didn't even get the chance to see if he was aloud to have some cake as Ludolf moved him down the cooridors and out of sight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm

"Whoa!" The meager squeakings of a bunch of pets had apparently transformed the rather playful merlad to a vicious creature. "Cool," he grinned at his flashy display. If all girls expressed their rage as elegantly as Shiver, then perhaps he'd enjoy watching them more.

In a matter of moments, the creature resumed to being a curious fellow, to which Owen snorted with amusement. He was almost tempted to lick the glass to see what happened, but decided against it hastily. As the merlad seemed to drawl on about something completely irrelevant to his question, he briefly nodded. "...Ok?"

When Everly mentioned the word 'cakes', his head whipped around with immediate interest. "Yeah, I'll have... cakes." Shrugging slightly, he couldn't help but add "...And cookies." He pointed behind him with his thumb. "Oh, and this guy here probably wants some too. If it ain't poisonous or whatever..." He could never be too sure with these things.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 pm

A contented smile settled on Everly's face as she watched the boy interact with the merlad. It seemed like Shiver had found himself a new friend, and one that seemed intelligent enough not to climb in the tank. Briefly, the headmistress considered bringing a picnic up to the third floor where the tank exited, but just as quickly decided against it. It would be more than irresponsible to bring the girl and her pets so near to the mer if he had access to water. Instead she tilted her head slightly and smiled. "You know sweets aren't good for you."

But Everly didn't want to give up the chance to win back the little girl's favor. "You've never had a cake?" she asked, slightly surprised. "They're only the most delicious things in the world. You must be hungry." She walked forward a few steps, facing her body towards the northeast exit, but turned her head to look over her shoulder at the students . "Would you like to wait here while I get the cakes or did you want to come with me?" she asked politely.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiver Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Shiver veered his head to the side to peer around Owen and get a better view of Everly. He heard his new friend declare that he would like the sweets. Distracted momentarily by the thumb jutting in his direction, he blinked at the suggestion that he would want some as well, then proceeded to nod energetically at Everly with his shoulders hunching up again and both forearms pressed eagerly against the glass. He scowled briefly when she suggested that sweets weren't good for him, and nodded all the more vigorously as if to argue that it was definitely okay for him to get treats too.

He began to show signs of inner turmoil when the Headmistress began taking her steps towards the exit. No! They couldn't leave him, he was interested in the new people! And he wanted sweets! The mer whimpered pathetically in his tank and displayed a rather impression interpretation of 'puppy eyes'.

I.. I--!!

His thoughts didn't manage to get across much more than that when he suddenly realized that even if the others did decide to eat the cake here in the vestibule, there was no way for him to go after any of the food from inside the tank. He yelped and spun around in the water, disturbing several other small meandering fishes, then shot upwards with an agile flick of his tail fin, disappearing into the shadow of the second floor.
Shiver
Shiver
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 am

The poor child's head was spinning, she nodded and ran to follow Everly, secretly planning to save some of her cake and feed it to Shiver. Carefully, of course, because he was a bit scary after all, and she'd leave her animals in her room, or maybe with Own because they all now seemed to want to cuddle with him.

Andraste held her towel around her and ran softly after Everly, "Miss Everly, I'm sorry I be so dirty..." she whispered, knowing that that was why the woman had been angered, "But it only be the hem of may dress miss Everly," she said softly. Her muddy shoes still laid on the floor by the door as not to make their mess grow. Andraste's bare feet made soft sounds as she walked along after the woman.

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Everly smiled down at the girl sadly. "Don't worry," she said. "I'm not angry with you." The headmistress extended her pale arm downwards, opening her palm and offering it for the girl to hold.

She began walking towards the vestibule exit. "It's not far," she assured the girl. "And after we have cake, we can find you a new dress." Her chin faced forward and her skirts rippled as she walked, as if there were a breeze coming through the vestibule. A quick glance was spared over her shoulder for the boy behind them, but Everly assumed that he would follow if he wanted, and eventually continued towards and out the door to the breakfast room.

((You can move it if you're ready ^^))
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 pm

(( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2