The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

The Night Butler (Open)

2 posters

Go down

The Night Butler (Open) Empty The Night Butler (Open)

Post  Leren Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm

It was night and he was wide awake. He had almost boundless energy at night which was a curse and a gift. He always had to do something with that energy but most people slept at night.

With no one too talk to, he set off wandering the hallways. Every object he passed by he would look over, checking to see if it was crooked, uncentered or whatnot. He would fix anything that seemed not perfect then go on his merry way. It was rather boring work, but to him, it was fun and time consuming.

Occasionally the chimera would start talking to himself, muttering in an amused tone, talking about unimportant things. "One of the deans is a mechanics teacher too, I should ask if he could or would make a heatlamp for me...hmm....How cold does this castle get in the winter......I should hope it's well heated, I would be of no use if I had to spend most my time in my room covered in blankets." He sighed then his ear twitched, "....A mouse?"

He looked around  soon spotting the small creature. In a swift movement, he snatched the mouse up in his tail, bringing it up to his face, "No vermin in the hall, you'll be a great snack." He slowly started squeezing the mouse, giving it less room to breath every second, till it couldn't breath anymore, and soon it was dead. He held the mouse by it's tail between two fingers, "Dirty thing will not make the janitor's job harder anymore." He swung it into his mouth and swallowed it whole.

Leren

Height : 312.42
Weight : 110.2

http://ryukiraxkhx.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Leren-390474070

Back to top Go down

The Night Butler (Open) Empty Re: The Night Butler (Open)

Post  Sheloe Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm

A wide yawn split her jaws, baring her big teeth. Usually, Sheloe made sure not to show her teeth, even when she smiled, as to not intimidate people, but it was late at night and nobody would see her.

The day had been a rather peaceful one, save from taking care of the green boy now confined in one of the Infirmary's rooms (that part of her duties was far from peaceful), so she was not that tired. A restless energy drove her to pace through the endless, dark corridors, deep in thought. There was a thing, a trace of something, a feeling she should not be sleeping just yet. She was not sure if it's source was to be found inside her head, or outside of it, so she searched through both.

A quiet voice brought her out of her musings, making her blink and raise her gaze from the floor along which it had been trailing. There was a fellow sleepless soul, and the feeling grew. A little thread, leading her forward... quietly, she followed the voice.

Turning a corner, she saw the snake-man address the rodent in his hand, and stopped to watch his proceedings with wide eyes. The mouse's tiny death was like a matchstick blown out, a little light gone back to where the light comes from, the void filled with eternal darkness again.

Sheloe found no words to say, just staring at the chimera in silence, waiting to see whether she would be noticed or not.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')
Weight : 16 kg (35 lbs)

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Sheloe-375074505

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 am

After the mouse had slid effortlessly down his esophagus, he let out a satisfied sigh. "Job well done Leren, no students will be bothered by that meddlesome creature.......Probably won't get a snack like that too often."

He looked disappointed by that comment for a moment, before his face became more attentive, ears raised and turning about like radars. "Oooh? Another rat?......No...it's bigger. Ah, I don't know this animal." He looked around, his eyes glowing even with the lighted corridor.

His eyes soon landed on the monkey-creature. At first there was malicious intent, as a predator looking upon prey, but it changed to curiosity. "A monkey in the castle?...... That doesn't seem right as a 'pest'......" He raised his voice a bit, "Excuse me but can you..........talk?" That seemed most important, at the moment. Speech would be a definite sign of a resident that looked more like an animal.

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

The talking to his own self was a little weird. When the subject became her, it turned creepy. As he began scanning the area, Sheloe cringed back a little, as if it could save her from being noticed. Of course, it didn't. Sheloe really did try to treat every being equally, as her lord commanded, but... snakes. Snakes were just different. Even elephants feared them. And this was a huge one. It-- he was harmless, surely, but...

She parted her lips to speak, but her voice got caught in her throat and only a small noise came out.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

He only became more curious as he watched her. He could tell she seemed...frightened? Disturbed? Whatever it was. He slithered closer, slowly, and low to the ground, "Hm...possibly a pet then. Wish I knew all the residents here, so many people....."

He sighed, "And it seems I bothered this one too.... Not a good start at a new job......."

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

The quiet rustle of his body moving over the floor sent shivers down her spine. It was not fair to him, though, not okay. He was apparently a staff member, and seemed... fairly friendly. If one wasn't a mouse. Sheloe cleared her throat. "Is... okay," she said, cracking an apologetic smile. "Was just unexpected to see person walking..." Her gaze dropped to the snake body. "Crawling, is meant. Late night, strange time."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Leren couldn't help but be surprised when the monkey spoke. It was the first time he'd seen one do that. He came to a stop, an arms length away. "I apologize, I'm nocturnal so I do my best work at night. It is such a bother since almost everyone is asleep. I can't learn who the residents are if I don't meet them."

He looked her over one more time before bowing. "Let me introduce myself before I forget. I am Leren, butler of the castle."

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Her brow sloped softly with relief as he stopped, though she did inch backwards just slightly, reflexively, to put some more distance between them. As kind as he sounded, there was no arguing with instinct. But, she felt bad, so to counteract the desire to back off further she sat down on her haunches. "Sounds troublesome," she said with a nod. "Some not sleeping late, but such is hard to find..."

Clearing her throat, she mirrored his bow, bending her upper body low to the floor. As she straightened back up, she began her introduction: "Sheloe Yalana Chizoba al-Keah, yes, Castle Physician, at your humble service. I know many names, but choose what you will, it is of no matter."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:42 am

He smiled, "Such fitting names for a..........monkey...." He said the word slowly, with a frown, "I apologize.....I'm not entirely sure what you are....I mean no offense at all, you are a far more impressive person then I am......I just....urgh."

He cursed himself for being socially inept both day and night. He felt positive he did offend when he was just trying to compliment. Calling someone a monkey, even if they were, just seemed rude. Like implying they're inferior by calling them by what they are. His old master often referred to him as 'Mutt' and 'Abomination' on his bad days.

Leren looked at Sheloe humbly, as if waiting for punishment. Old habits were hard to kill.

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:23 pm

"Yes..." Sheloe trailed off, giving Leren a strange look. 'Fitting names for a monkey', what did that even mean...? It was a compliment, she supposed, if a bit... atypical.

It seemed that the butler simply had a propensity for bumbling with words. She let out an awkward chuckle. "Oh, you flatter... monkey is what I am, yes, a baboon. Is no problem." She tilted her head a little. "Is no impressiver." What a thing to hear from a huge -- well, person-sized -- snake hybrid. She glanced around uncertainly, stepping from one foot to another, then raised her gaze back to his face again.

"Would you... join me for tea?" Clearing her throat, she quickly added: "Is okay if too busy, you're working, yes, understandable."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Leren nodded quickly, "But you are impressive. A...baboon....that speaks, is a doctor, and has wings. I've never seen anything like you.." He almost wanted to touch her wings, see how the feathers felt, but he didn't want to be rude.

His ears twitched up at the thought of tea. He always liked tea. He nodded, "Yes please, that would be lovely. Do you have Earl Grey?" He was smiling sort of silly-like, excited that someone seemed to want to talk to him.

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 am

Sheloe tried her best to hold back a wince, managing a strained smile in its stead. Ah, flattery. How was one to react? For a second, she considered the thought she was going to regret inviting him for tea, if he was to continue with the compliments, but then she scolded herself. That would be rude. Nodding, she turned around to lead the way back to infirmary.

"I should have, yes, I have many. Do you like green tea too, perhaps? Have wider choice of that, or... rooibos, you tried rooibos? Favorite of mine, yes." She glanced back at him. Impressive... a huge snake-hybrid calling her impressive. If he hadn't been so nice, she would have thought he was mocking her.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Leren Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 am

Leren followed after her, just happy to have made a friend. At least in his mind. He just hoped she wouldn't be offended by his day self, when he would be tired and cranky, if they ever ran into each other during the day.

"I have tried other teas, I'm not that picky about them. I just am partial to Earl Grey." He was quiet a few seconds before continuing, "I don't think I've tried rooibos.....If you don't mind, I could give it a try.."

Leren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:31 am

After a moment of leading the way, Sheloe hesitated and slowed down as to walk alongside the butler. As seemingly unreasonable it was, she just did not feel comfortable with a snake behind her back.

"Earl Grey is fine taste," she nodded amiably. "You absolutely must try more, though! It is of importance to try new delicious things, yes?" Looking away with a wince, she remembered the mouse. "Uh... right, yes. So, you butler, yes, what does that do?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down