The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Congratulations are in order

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations are in order Empty Congratulations are in order

Post  Odqura Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

It was a fair late weekend morning in the castle--late by Odqura's definition, however, which put the time at about 8:00 AM. Several windows throughout the corridors had been cracked open to let the outside air move through. It was just the right temperature for a light knit cardigan, Odqura decided, and so that's what had donned in pale grey on this morning's venture.

The dean arrived outside the door to his colleague's quarters with a black messenger bag over one shoulder, a modest bouquet of orange and yellow wild flowers in hand, and a foot-long rectangular black box tucked under the opposite arm tied with a shiny aubergine ribbon. He might have preferred to conduct such a visit in the classroom's office, but on a morning with no classes he assumed there was better luck checking here first.

He rapped his knuckles sharply against the door and glanced around while he waited for a response. It appeared he might be the first arrival.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 183
Weight : 32

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+odqura

Back to top Go down

Congratulations are in order Empty Re: Congratulations are in order

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Almost as soon as Odqura had knocked on the metal plating of the door, a loud clatter sounded within the room, shortly followed by cursing. After a brief period of frustrated muttering and the sound of blankets being moved. A few clicks sounded on the mechanical door, before it swung open to reveal a rather unkempt Rendaz staring angrily at his visitor. The powerful stench of smoke and coffee wafted out, and peering over the ruckarl's shoulder, one could see a large structure obscured by a white blanket, various recently used tools scattered on the floor near it.

"What do you want?" he snapped, eyeing the intruder up and down. He hadn't been accustomed to visitors these days, he'd more often than not tell them to go away before they'd have the chance. Upon noticing the flowers, his hard gaze immediately turned to a rather mocking one, and he rolled his eyes. "Valentine's Day already? You're quick," he sneered. He shifted his weight casually as he leaned against door frame with one hand, adjusting his hat slightly. His originally blue denim shorts were rather blackened from the soot along with most of his torso and legs. His boa was nowhere in sight.

"So what's it this time? Couldn'tve come here by accident, I know you better than that," he mentioned. "If it's another ball event, then you can forget it."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 am

Kale glided in, swinging her legs around for her feet to clamp onto the open window sill. She tucked in her wings and dropped into the hallway. The harpy was wearing her usual biker shorts and red top, unmindful of the morning chill. She quickly started down the corridor and rounded a corner just in time to see the Professor in question open the door to an awaiting Od. She smiled as she heard the greetings dished out and chuckled.

"So!" She called down to them accusingly. "You did try to arrive early to flirt, Odqura!" Her smug attitude sat on her face as she casually strolled down the hallway. Cradled in her arms was a perfectly rounded object, covered roughly in some brown parchment paper, tied closed with a light green ribbon. It wasn't a work of art, but it wasn't like she really cared what the wrapping was like. The thing was only about the size of a balloon, or an ostrich egg, and rested nicely in her hold against her stomach. It appeared that it had some weight, though she didn't seem to be struggling to lift it.

The harpy made her way over, stopping to stand to the side of Od, who she gave a particularly accusing look, and turned to the orange being in the doorway.

"Hello again, I believe we've meet only briefly at said ball." She angled a hip out confidently, one hand resting on it while the other held the mysterious sphere. Her wings flicked to shuffle feathers so they folded neatly and comfortably behind her. She smirked, eye narrowing.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:04 am

"Reminiscing about our lovely evening together at the ball, Professor Rendaz?" Od cooed obnoxiously, but he lulled his teasing at Kale's approach, greeting her with a polite nod of his head.

"Nonsense, Professor Kale, you are merely late." Despite the accusation, his eyes met Kale with a friendly sort of rivalry. "If I had arrived early in order to flirt, or if it was indeed Valentine's Day," He looked pointedly at Rendaz and smirked, "I would probably bear flowers of declaration." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Camellias and spider flowers would have been lovely for that. But as it is, you will find only poppies and nasturtium in this bouquet, Professor Rendaz, innocently suggesting longevity in your victories." He fondly adjusted a wayward fiddlehead back into place among the flowers. "The ferns could convey a secret bond of love, but I assure you, I chose them for their association with confidence only."

When he looked at Rendaz again it was not without mischief. Rendaz's reaction to the flowers had been quiet what Od had been expecting. He would never pin the new dean as an appreciator of botany, but it didn't mean Od couldn't enjoy making the effort. Though, if the effort was to genuinely offer positive wishes or if it was purely to be annoying and possibly cause discomfort, was a hard goal to decipher.

His gaze traveled to Rendaz's hand resting on the door frame and then eyed the room beyond curiously. "May we enter, Professor?" He wasn't sure whether or not to expect the Headmistress on this little excursion since she was terribly busy of late, so they might as well move forwards.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 am

Unamused by the memory at the ball, Rendaz bared his teeth at Od, quickly pausing to see the harpy approach. Despite his classroom being almost adjacent to her's, he wasn't as familiar with her as he would've liked to be. This resulted in his lighthearted mood quickly darkening into a cold and rather mistrusting gaze. "Indeed," he tartly agreed, his eyes narrowing at the oddly shaped gift. If this was an egg, then he wasn't quite in the mood to raise squabbling hatchlings.

Od's talk of flowers seemed to miss Rendaz's head completely, and all the history professor recieved was a blank stare. At the request to enter, he slid his gaze towards his room before replying. "...Excuse me." He slammed the door shut on them. There was the sound of objects being moved (presumably large), which went on for a minute or two before the door finally opened again. A forcibly polite smile was shown on his face. "...Please, do come in," he sneered between gritted teeth. The large, covered structure had been moved to one side of the room while the centre of the room had been cleared, replaced by three stools arranged in a half-circle shape.

Claiming the middle one for himself, he gaves the others an expectant gaze. "So, tell me what'cha here for anyway." He eyed the gifts suspiciously. "...And what the hell you've brought me. I'm almost dreading that part."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 am

Kale lifted her eyebrow elegantly in a challenging manner as Rendaz responded to her in such a curt tone, though it fell as she shifted her gaze to Od. She stared at him a moment in unimpressed disbelief as he explained his flower arrangement. The harpy shook her head sadly, rolling her eyes, at the Head of Eala. She switched to direct her flat gaze as the door was slammed shut and only raised a slightly suspicious eyebrow as Rendaz reappeared. She smirked and let herself in, looking around as she did so.

"I do wonder what it is about mechanical geniuses and the collection of clutter." She pondered aloud idly, actively aware that her side comment could be taken as flattering, intentionally trying to warm the mechanics Professor up to her. However, in reality with all manipulations aside, the room really did remind her of Valentin's. The harpy took the stool to Rendaz's left and casually brushed the top of it off in a fluid motion as she sat. Her tail feathers hung over the back and she pulled her feet up to rest on the cross bar, talons wrapping around it securely like they would a perch. She chuckled and cast a playful look to the mechanics professor.

"Please, you're not happy to see us? Would you cast away our love-filled and thoughtful presents so quickly?" A devilish smirk played at her lips and she flipped a hand to Od in gesture for him to explain as she sat back, having no intention of bothering herself with the task.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 pm

The headmistress stepped carefully up to the mechanic's professor's door. Ever since Od had told her that this is where they were meeting, she had been dreading the moment. The memory of her last visit here was still fresh in her mind, and she wasn't looking forward to seeing the absolute mess that the professor had made of her castle's once lovely and organized guest room. She was wearing a long, pale pink dress that looked white in the areas hidden from the lights. It glided just above floor level, hiding her feet, but not dragging along the ground. It had a square neckline and slightly puffed shoulders attached to long laced sleeves. In her arms, the headmistress held a small, well-wrapped box.

Standing just outside the door frame, she noticed that the room was not any cleaner than it was during her last visit. But, this time she was a bit more prepared. She suppressed a gasp at the pushed aside mess and rapped her knuckles lightly on the open door.

"I hope I'm not too late," she stated in the most pleasant voice that she could muster. She was determined to be as civil and agreeable as ever, despite the small, yet strong part of her that still questioned the wiseness of the decision which had brought them together at this moment.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 53 kg

http://aalc.deviantart.com/gallery/32021409#/d49g3u1

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:39 pm

One eyebrow arched when the door was slammed on himself and Kale and the thought that maybe it wouldn't open again did cross his mind. But he was pleasantly surprised when Rendaz appeared again in the doorway and apparently begrudgingly allowed them entry. His surprise grew when there were three stools in place for them. Letting them in was one thing. Hospitality, in any small regard, was more than he had hoped to expect.

Od eyed the covered structure that had been shoved aside, but walked past it and the stools alike to get to a window. From his messenger bag, he drew out a tall thin vial of water with a cork, which he removed, and quickly set up the flowers in the make-shift vase on the sill--so prepared! He figured they would likely be tossed or at least forgotten when the visit was through, but they might as well live happily until then.

Complete with his task, the professor turned at the sound of Everly and smiled warmly. "Never, Headmistress. You are right on time. And prettier than any flower, as always," he added referring to her classic attire. Deciding quickly to leave a stool for Everly, Od crossed his arms casually over his chest and leaned his back against the wall beside where he had placed the flowers. He noticed Kale was allowing him to handle the explanations, so Od turned his attention back on Rendaz. "I was just about to explain to Professor Rendaz why we have all arrived at his door this fine morning." His eyes slid over to said professor slyly. "And to wish him congratulations, assuming he will accept our offer."

"In light of recent events, and with the population at the academy steadily growing, the three of us have been quickly realizing that it would benefit the school as well as our personal workloads to promote an existing staff member to fill a fourth dean-level position." His choice of words suggested that deans had as much sway as the Headmistress herself, which he wanted understood without belittling her role. "It took a surprisingly small amount of deliberation before we unanimously decided it should be you, Professor." His usual care-free and mocking tone gave way to a more professional drawl, so that Rendaz could hopefully recognize the proposition was serious. He paused before saying any more, watching for Rendaz's reaction.

(( I wasn't sure if we wanted to RP just the congrats or the actual promotion, so I went with what Od wanted to say! If you guys want to assume Rendaz's new position had already been instated and the others are just here to congratulate him, then I can change this post! ))
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Even a complimenting Kale failed to flatter Rendaz - his swelling pride left little room for modesty, it seemed. "Oh please, if I left my stuff anywhere else, these bunches of scalawags y'call 'students' would wreck 'em." Smoke oozed from his jaw as he exhaled deeply, mentally preparing himself for what he knew would be a bombshell from his colleagues. Seeing Od visitng was only a little fishy, and his suspicions had grown once he'd seen Kale appear. But when Everly, the same woman who was supposedly afraid of his room, turned up at his door with a neatly wrapped gift, he was immediately certain of a scheme of which appeared to be centered around him.

Late for what, exactly? Everly was met with nothing more than a sneer from Rendaz - he had difficulty accumulating respect for somebody who'd done very little to earn it thus far. He didn't seem to appreciate Od's business with the flowers either, and an expression of mocking disbelief was tossed in his direction.

Rendaz crossed his arms as Od started his speech, almost reluctantly listening. However, by the time the dean had paused, the ruckarl's jaw had hung open, and the thin wisp of smoke that had been steadily trickling out from between his teeth had suddenly stopped. "Me," he flatly stated, his voice half-cracking with that one syllable. His expression seemed genuinely shocked, no matter how hard he tried to disguise it with a wry grin. "Haha... me." You don't even like me! he almost said out loud, although he did mouth it silently, before tutting and shaking his head. "Can't imagine how you..." he trailed off. He'd almost expected this to be a joke, but he was aware that these were not the pranking kind of people, nor did he consider them liars. For the first time ever, he seemed to be completely lost for words. He rested his chin on his hand. "...Yeah, okay." His gaze was stuck to the floor - avoiding eye contact with any of the deans.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:32 am

Kale barely acknowledged the Headmistresses's entrance except for a wince at the woman's outfit. So impractical, and the puffed shoulders were not something Kale would be caught in ever. The harpy's expression soured a moment at Everly's false cheer before she once again put up her own. She smiled mischievously and watched Rendaz as Od explained the situation. She actually laughed out in her harsh way as the newly appointed Dean stuttered in his shock and disbelief. When he ended lamely, looking at the floor, Kale rocked back in her seat with a smug grin dancing on her face wings.

"Indeed, you, Monsieur. You see, it seems that the infectious virus that makes our students...scalawags, did you call them?-" She smirked and raised an eyebrow. "has spread to most of our Professors as well. You, on the other hand, remain competent and teach something useful." She shot a pointed look to Odqura. Of course, Kale did not really know Rendaz well, but she did hear of his teaching methods and she approved it greatly over some of the other teachers. Having another who did not worry about whether or not the students got a little scrapped up and refused to baby them was a nice change, and she wanted to give power to that change. "I have heard much about you, and I must say, I think we should get along positively famously." The dangerous smirk was back dancing across her face and she played with the ribbon on her present absently. "The job's not really that bad, I assure you. You might enjoy it. Though, now that you've accepted, we wont let you back out, mind you." The harpy hummed in a playful tone.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am

Everly smiled politely, nodding towards Od as he complimented her dress. She glided forward, the small box held securely in her arms. Rendaz's sneer and Kale's wince received no more acknowledgment from the headmistress than an elegantly jutted chin as she made her way over to the stool that Od had left empty for her sake. She lowered herself onto it slowly, crossing one leg over the other, placing the gift in the crook of her lap and smoothing out the fabric of her dress. She sat straight-backed, staring off into the distance as the other deans praised Rendaz and congratulated him on his promotion. There was a slight eye-roll as Od mentioned the "surprisingly small" amount of deliberation. That was because she had been overruled, and the sting of it was fresh.

And of course Kale and Rendaz would get along "famously," as they both had an affinity for torturing the students. What would become of this institution now that the mechanics professor was a dean? Students would be injured left and right, burning down the grounds and damaging the furniture. The thought was frightening and Everly shifted slightly in her seat.

But as soon as Kale was finished, Everly took her turn to speak, and her voice was sweet. "Oh, don't push the man so, dear Kale. If he thinks that the responsibilities are too heavy, I surely won't be the one to stop him from rejecting the post. And neither should you. We are not about forcing things here. And lord knows it's a very difficult position. Don't let her fool you, professor." She said, turning to Rendaz. "You must plan events for the whole school, not just your house. And we will require loyalty and much more of your precious time." She said it pleasantly and her mouth curled in a friendly smile, but her intentions were less so. If she could get him to refuse the position, it wouldn't matter that they had overruled her concerns. And everything could go back to the way it was. Then, she'd just have to work on Kale. She turned her eyes to the harpy dean as she thought of her, and raised her brows.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:23 pm

A wry smile slowly grew across the history professor's face as Rendaz's shocked expression fell into place. He loved that expression on almost anyone, finding it almost endlessly satisfying, and was immensely pleased that they had been the cause to bring it forth. Od listened quietly as Kale reassured the new dean that his understanding was correct, pleased that he had accepted. He had half expected Rendaz might need some cajoling not unlike the small task it had been to convince him to assume the position as Caora House Guardian.

Everly's disapproval was easy enough to decipher, even through her impeccably polite facade. Od recognized her tactics for what they were and smiled both fondly and apologetically to himself. She would not win this battle, and he felt a fair amount of guilt to be uncomfortable in his gut for betraying the headmistress in this matter. But he would not revoke his suggestion or decision that Rendaz fit the bill. He pushed languidly from his spot against the wall to approach the new dean and interrupt whatever his thought processes were, hopefully before there was ample time for Everly's warnings to build upon any possible uncertainties.

Od sidled up beside Rendaz and lowered his fingertips to ghost suggestively over the ruckarl's upper back from his spine to the edge of one shoulder. He leaned forwards to croon quietly near his temple. "I promised you power, did I not?" He referred of course to the conversational debate they had shared some time ago over a couple injured ribs and the role of a Guardian. With those words, he meant to undo the headmistress's cautions by reminding Rendaz of what he had desired at that time.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 pm

His teeth gritted at that annoying laugh from Kale. However, he said nothing, allowing her to continue with a rather vague explanation of why he was appointed. Her assurances were not completely welcomed either, and he gave her a skeptic glance at the offer of some sort of friendship. He had no interest in forming an alliance her, at least, not if she continued to pull that ridiculously creepy face at him.

Before he could bite a witty, and most likely sarcastic reply back at the harpy, the headmistress soon spoke. The ruckarl looked thoroughly unimpressed as she tittered on about rejecting - always tip-toeing around the hot coal rather than through it. All her delicate preach managed to reap was an arrogant snort from the ruckarl. Still, as she listed the responsibilities, he couldn't help but ponder why they'd chosen him to do it all. He certainly hadn't progressed much in terms of commitment - he'd either be trailing to the kitchen for his thousandth coffee or loitering around his classroom, tinkering with silly inventions. What were they seeing in him?

The hand that slid around his shoulders interrupted his thoughts - he'd almost forgotten the history professor's presence. His red eyes glared into the dean's, as if trying to read his thoughts. The reminder of power was quickly taken into account as he stared in thought again. Wasn't this what he wanted? Why he became a teacher in the first place? To be respected and worshipped? It had started small, but now it had grown into something far beyond what he had expected. This new 'dean' business would surely grant him far more control over those whelps. And just how many students would that be? He'd lost count by now - they'd already begun to swarm like rats over the premises. His grin widened.

"You're honestly not assuming," he spat, finally speaking, "that I'm about to reject this offer, are you?" Standing up, he swatted at Od's intruding hand like an inconvenience. He paced forwards slowly a few steps before twisting his neck to face the others. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were struggling without me. Not surprised you came crying to me for aid." His jaws split into an amused chuckle, before silencing himself suddenly to regard them with a more serious gaze. "Yeah, I accept it." He looked to his claws, flexing his fingers out in front of him. "You're damn lucky to have me."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Kale's expression fell flat as her attempt at cheer gained no response from the targeted professor. She calmly leveled a glare at Every as the woman purposefully tried to dissuade Rendaz, deciding her tact was unimpressive. She stayed in her unemotional state as the mechanics professors decided to accept the position, and that was when is crached.

The harpy scoffed loudly. They needed him? Like she needed a hearing aid, she was sure. But, no, she would not correct him. Kale would let the ruckarl believe whatever he wanted for now. As it was, having him with a vote in the circle of Deans would surely benefit her more than his prideful personality would annoy her. With Rendaz, who Everly cleared hated, attention would be taken off herself. All she had to do was law low and let the mechanics brat run with his power. The Headmistress will surely be beside herself, and the harpy will be free from suspicion for a time. Then, when all hits the fan, Rendaz will be the perfect scapegoat. Kale refrained from sneering outright. She shrugged, casting off her plots for now, and adopted a irritable flippant attitude.

"Very good. Now, lets cast off our presents, congratulations and condolences on him. As much as I so enjoy basking in this creature's oh so almighty presence, I have to speak with a deer about a lightning lazer. It keeps frying everything, and needs to be toned down a bit before I use it for next semester." She huffed and blew air up at an annoying part of her bangs that had fallen in front of her eye lazily. Now that Rendaz had his power, she didn't really care about this whole thing anymore. Her plans didn't revolve around the newly appointed Dean liking her, and she wasn't about to extend more energy than she had to to actively form a friendship.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

As soon as Kale returned her gaze, Everly shifted her eyes to look back at the ruckarl. She waited expectantly, a small smile on her face, as Rendaz seemed to digest her words or concern. Perhaps she would win this battle after all. But her smile soon faded to a grimace as she watched Od walk over and whisper something into the ruckarl's ear. She still didn't understand this sort of strange friendship between Odqura and Rendaz. What could her friend possibly see that she couldn't?

Everly didn't realize that she had been leaning forward, but as soon as the new dean firmly accepted his position, she leaned back, rolling her eyes and shifting them downwards, tilting her lofty chin towards the floor. But even looking down, her neck remained elongated and elegant. The headmistress was glad for one thing, however, and that was the seeming dissipation of the possible friendship between Kale and Rendaz. At least she didn't have to worry about them teaming up.. at least for now.

She looked up again at the mention of a lightning laser, and her brow furrowed in worry and disapproval. The question on her mind was [i]Frying what exactly?[i] but she didn't ask it, as she knew that the question would only start an argument that the headmistress did not want to have in the presence of others. Instead, she took Kale's advice and stood up, the fabric of her dress fluttering at the sudden movement. She stepped towards Flam in steady strides and held out the small box that she had wrapped so carefully.

Once he unwrapped and opened the box, the new dean would see a pale blue silk handkerchief, folded into a perfect square. There was a white embroidered edge to the fabric that was no image in particular, but just a series of elaborate swirls and waves. It had belonged to Gibson, Everly was sure of that. If it had belonged to Charles she wouldn't have parted with it. But, as it were, her memories of Gibson were far less pleasant. And she remembered him wearing this particular kerchief often in his jacket pocket. It was probably worth a good deal of money, but that was a subject that Everly had never really comprehended nor cared much about. She knew that the gift most likely didn't suit the ruckarl professor, but it was the ceremony of gift-giving that meant the most to her in this situation.

"I hope you like it, Dean." There was a slight tinge of sarcasm on the title, but the expression on Everly's face was all pleasantry.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 am

The grin that spread over Rendaz's face pleased Odqura. Yes this round was won. And even though his eyes glazed over briefly with chagrin when his hand was brushed aside, feathers in his hair bristling indignantly against their ties, he remained more amused than anything, and a smug smirk of his own settled into place. He tossed his ponytail back into submission with a discrete jerk of his chin and stood up straight as Rendaz moved away.

"Lucky indeed," he cooed quietly in agreement. Several coquettishly sarcastic comments immediately came to mind to quip in reply, but the dean held his tongue, filing them away for later since Kale had spoken.

Od was not terribly surprised that the harpy seemed to suddenly be rather unimpressed with Rendaz. He found her dismissive comments about a laser of some sort rude of course, but she had already been more pleasant than he had hoped, and Rendaz's own regality had surely not encouraged her sympathies. In his mind only, he heaved a resigned sigh--since he surely could not do so outwardly. More peace-keeping might not be unexpected, he could see. Although running around for one-on-one meetings and playing messenger between the other, previously two, deans was something he was frequently keen on encouraging. He rather preferred one-on-one meetings after all. It was easier to plan his composure and specific attitude when he only had to account for one other personality to appease. But he had an unshakable impression that Everly would not be interested in meeting with Rendaz if it could be avoided, perhaps even more uninterested than she was in meeting with Kale.

The headmistress's gift did leave him curious. What could she have chosen as suitable for the ruckarl? He watched with interest, waiting for the present to be revealed and, of course, for Rendaz's reaction whatever it may be.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 am

Rendaz raised a brow at Kale's rather sudden change of attitude - one moment she had somewhat been trying to appease to him, and the next, it didn't seem to matter to her anymore. He thought it to be rather curious, but then he dismissed his suspicions for the thought of her being sore after she was brushed aside by him. Some people just couldn't hide their jealousy.

It seemed the others were also in a less than celebratory mood - had his speech failed to win them over? Despite the doubts, a superior smirk was firmly glued to his face, which faltered slightly as Everly held out her gift. He was skeptic at first, not believing the gift to be anything worthwhile.

He snatched the box from her hands, rattling it in his hands after noticing how light it was. There was no noteworthy sounds. Perhaps the box was empty? He decided to peer inside before pointing this out though. The wrapping was torn open with one claw, and the lid was forced open quickly afterwards.

A tissue? The ruckarl looked remarkably unimpressed, and he almost considered that there may be something valuable wrapped inside it. He pinched the edge, lifting the hankerchief like he would hold a banana peel. There was nothing inside. "This some kinda joke?" he said, his tone rather dull. He was almost certain that he would have no use for it. Snorting, he decided not to dispose of it just yet, instead stuffing it inside his shorts so that the corner still draped outside. The 'thank you' never left his mouth.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 am

Kale had to admit, she had been vaguely curious as to what the Headmistress had gotten the Mechanics professor, but when she saw the handkerchief, albeit a very nice handkerchief, she couldn't help but scoff loudly. What a lousy gift. What good was a napkin of sorts? He was only going to get oil on it, Val ruined all his cloths in much the same manner, and is if he didn't misplace it in disinterest of it. Seeing Rendaz looking thoroughly unimpressed, and seeing hows the handkerchief was rudely stuffed away, Kale could not hold back her amusement and laughed quietly behind her hand. Rolling her eye, the harpy stood, holding her own gift in her arms.

"It's a beautiful color." She said, looking back from Rendaz to Everly. It was unclear whether she was being serious or sarcastic, although from her earlier reactions and the fact that it was, well, Kale, sarcastic was probably a safe bet. The harpy walked over to Rendaz and held out her spherical gift to him. Her face was confident, there was no one who wouldn't appreciate her gift, it was in many ways valuable.

"Congratulations." She sounded sincere enough, though she was a little flippant.

Upon unwrapping the brown paper, the professor would find a large substance that appeared to be a jewel the size of an ostrich egg. It was clear around the outside, slivers of silver and red running through it like veins that caught the light. In the center, the jewel was a vibrant yellow, almost golden. This, though rare, was the product of a harpy egg that had not been fertilized and left to 'go bad' of a sort, only it crystallizes instead of spoiling. Kale felt it may be wise to leave out that this was, in fact, not her own egg, but she might let it slip that these were one reason harpies were so secretive about their nests. Often, in one clan, the product of one infertile egg was worth more than a fertile one.

Last edited by Kale on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 am

Everly crossed her arms over her chest, her mouth dropping at Rendaz's rude and inappropriate reaction to receiving a gift. Though honestly, the headmistress didn't know what she had been expecting. Of course this ruckarl would not practice or even know the proper etiquette for the receiver of a gift. She, on the other hand, would always act both surprised and pleased if she were given something, no matter if she liked it or not. A part of her wanted to reach out and snatch the handkerchief from it's ridiculous place at his belt, but that would involve a near-inapproptiate touching that that action would put her in danger of.Instead, she showed in her expression just how affronted she felt. "It's a handkerchief!" she exclaimed. "And a rather expensive one at that!"

She turned abruptly towards the harpy woman as she let out her ill-timed scoff. Everly glared at the other woman, who she was already at odds with. Her comment seemed nice enough, but the headmistress had spent enough time in the other dean's company to feel the probably sarcasm in her words. But instead of saying anything about it, the headmistress turned and marched back to her stool, taking her usual seat with perfect posture and delicate hands folded. She waited this way as if she had never been insulted at all, and waited to see what the harpy's gift would be.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 pm

There were two reasons Odqura was now frowning. The first was that he admittedly dosapproved of Rendaz's reation to Everly's gift--if you on the recieving end of such a gesture, propriety should always overcome personal favor towards the item--and the second reason was that... that scarf was gorgeous! Rendaz could never appreciate such an itm for it's fine textiles or elegant design. And Od found himself wondering how hard it would be to convince the new Dean to allow him to 'borrow' his new effect.

This was his train of thought when Kale produced her gift for Rendaz, and though Od politely paid his attentions to this round of gift-giving as he had the first, he did occassionally linger a wanting gaze at the scarf teasing him from it's prison, crammed inhumanely in Rendaz's shorts.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

Expensive or not, Rendaz didn't see how valuable a mere hankerchief would be in the larger scheme of things. He could use it to buffer up some of his creations, he supposed. A glance wavered towards Od's attentive gaze, and noticing his look towards the cloth, Rendaz subconciously pushed it down a bit further. Useless or not, he definately did not want anyone thieving his possessions.

Rendaz looked as Kale as she passed the egg-shaped gift towards him. The shaped seemed obvious, and Rendaz looked at it suspiciously, wondering if there was indeed actual life inside this. Of course, he had no intention of raising anything - the thing would be cracked over a pan on a fire the moment he had the chance. A good breakfast was a temporary gift, but a squawking nuisance child was a permanent problem.

To his surprise, when the wrapping was torn open, it didn't seem to resemble much of a real egg at all. His eyes lit up as he looked at the jewel-like object, his hand tracing over the smooth surface. At last, something of use! He imagined the jewellery he could make with this thing - glimmering bracelets, rings, necklaces, ear rings, all of which he could trade outside the academy for more money. His grin became wide with greed. He looked to Kale, unable to wipe the satisfaction from his face. "I could find great uses for this," he sneered, holding the egg close to him. No more was said, and he took off his hat to hold the egg inside, propping both of them onto his stool. It was the closest he could come to gratitude.

Finally, he threw and expectant gaze at Od, eyeing his gifts peculiarly. "You've been so patient 'til now," he coolly mocked, smirking. "Why don't you show you what disaster you've brought me?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 pm

How typical. Of course the mechanics professor would prefer something huge and gaudy over simple elegance. The headmistress' head pivoted on her neck as she shifted her glance to the side and blinked towards the wall, her pursed lips the only sign of her irritation. Though, Everly couldn't help but wonder where the harpy had obtained such a large jewel.

Anyway, Odqura's gift was sure to be interesting. Everly sat patiently as she waited to see what he had brought. Once that was finished, there would be a small time of socializing and a renewal of congratulations. And after the appropriate amount of time, so that she did not seem as if she were rushing to leave her company, she could be on her way. Surely, there was something more useful that she could find to do with her time.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Kale grinned in satisfaction at Rendaz's response to the crystallized egg, he gaze flicked to Everly and was pleased by the Headmistress's response. She chuckled.

"You better find great use, that's very valuable. Treat it well." She flipped a hand nonchalant, nodded and returned to her stool, she did not expect nor need a thank you, and her smug air said so loudly. Just seeing the way his eyes had lit had been worth it. It was not really that she had made the mechanics professor happy, but that she had won where Everly had failed. Hopefully, this was the first step in manipulations to come. She would win this.

Looking over to Od, Kale was actually curious. The man was...well, odd. She wondered what the pompeuse de poulet bleu's brain had cooked up.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Rendaz's body language seemed to deny Od's request to borrow Everly's gift before he'd even asked, and he smirked his amusement. Of course, he should have expected, but it didn't mean he was deterred.

The crystal egg impressed Od as well. He glanced over at the Harpy, intrigued about it's origin, and thought maybe he would ask about it later. But for now, it seemed to be his turn to present his offerings, and his eyes smiled at Rendaz when he made his comment about patience. "A disaster? You are not far off," he hinted cryptically as he stepped forwards and swiftly propped the black box with the aubergine ribbon between them for Rendaz to accept. His free hand snuck into the black messenger bag off his shoulder and withdrew with a small brown paper parcel about the size and shape of a pear. This he offered forwards as well, nestled carefully in the palm of his hand.

Within the rectangular box, Rendaz would find a line of 20 dark chocolate coated naga viper chili peppers. Near the stem of each strawberry-sized pepper, you could spot the tell-tale fire engine red before it went hidden beneath the bitter chocolate. Od had brought very few to the island with him since the smallest shaving from one pepper was sufficient for any spicy curry he could dream up, and only another half dozen remained in his stores after these. But he had a hunch--or at least a hope--from their previous dealings that the mechanics professor could very easily enjoy the whole line of them in a sitting, even if the hotness would surely incapacitate the average person's taste buds.

The brown paper in his other hand hid a tear-shaped glass vial with a very tightly fit cork, complete with red melted wax to ensure no leakage. Inside the bottle was what looked like water, but perhaps a bit thicker like sugar-water. But this was nowhere near the liquid's identity. The clear liquid was in fact the raw base form of the paralyzing painkiller Od had administered to Rendaz after he injured his ribs. This version was potentially fatal when administered as an injected venom. His smile was smug and secretive because the second gift took a while to collect since his body could only produce so much at a time--the venom was his own.

He didn't say a word, just waited to observe.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm

"I know that," he arrogantly snapped to Kale, lightly tapping the seated egg with a claw. "I have an eye for value." His gaze was distracted by the jewel again, already looking forward to crafting it into jewellery. Most gems were difficult to obtain these days, especially when you were an orange, scaley humanoid. Although he'd managed to do a fine job until now guising as a mad old woman with skin problems and a crooked back, a lot of people didn't trust their possessions with someone who's face refused to be seen.

His head lifted at the sound of Odqura's voice, his red eyes narrowing on the proposed gift. The box was taken tentatively, almost mistrustingly, and he was surprised when a second present was offered. The parcel was balanced under an armpit while he focused his attention on this strange black box. Shaking it lightly, he was pleased to note that there was at least something inside this box, quite unlike the box Everly had granted him earlier.

The ribborn was cut and the box was opened. "Chocolates?" he immadiately snorted. "You're so romantic." A lucid sneer shown plainly on his face, he selected a treat from the ones presented before him, noting its peculiar shape in comparison to other chocolates he'd encountered. It was popped into his mouth. The effect was almost immediate - the spicy hotness erupted on his tongue, flaring down his throat. The chocolate - although a treat he was usually not fond of - added an interesting texture. A hiss of pleasure escaped his jaws. Smoke whisped absent mindedly. To the say the least, it seemed Od's gift had really hit the spot, and he savoured it a few moments before looking down at the box again. There was 19 more...

The box was placed beneath his stool - there didn't seem to be much of any alternative flat surfaces for him to safely place it on. His attention was returned to the package, which was retrieved from 'neath his armpit. After it was opened, he peered around it suspiciously, having no idea what it was. Od's smug grin was difficult to decipher. He had been hopeful, for just a brief second, but the vial was nowhere near hot enough to be what he wanted it to be. The cork was forced out with a 'pop', and he peered within, frowning at the water-like substance within. It was sniffed. As all else failed, he gave Od a rather baffled, curious look. "...What is this?" He was almost tempted to taste it, thinking it to be some sort of wine. But why would Od give him wine? He'd specifically said the drink was foul during the ballroom event.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next