The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Congratulations are in order

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations are in order - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations are in order

Post  Everly Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 pm

The headmistress shifted on her stool, smoothing and pulling lightly at her skirt, even though the fabric needed no attention. It was just a movement for the sake of moving, or of appearing to fix something. It appeared as though both Kale and Odqura's gifts had satisfied the new dean, who she had originally thought unsatisfiable. Was it her fault that she couldn't get off the island to shop? That all she had to pick from was her missing husband's old belongings? Anyway, it didn't matter now.

She watched the harpy professor make her way back to her seat and wondered what exactly it was that she didn't like about the woman. She had an elitist attitude, without a doubt, but that wasn't it. There was just something, something that Everly couldn't quite place her finger on, that made her feel on her guard whenever the other woman was in the room. She stared perhaps too long at the harpy before she caught herself and averted her eyes back towards the ruckarl and his second gift.

All she wanted to do at the moment was leave this disaster of a room, return to her own quarters and read a book. But it would not be appropriate yet, and she was still curious about Od's second gift. She would have asked what it was herself, but as Rendaz had asked the question for her, she simply waited to hear the answer.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 53 kg

http://aalc.deviantart.com/gallery/32021409#/d49g3u1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Kale rolled her eye. Chocolates, how...Od. Really, something so fancy was so like him. As the woman's gaze roamed in this circle, she caught Everly looking at her. She raised an eyebrow, what was she looking at? Kale's eye narrowed on the woman. She didn't want Everly to study her, to pay any attention to her really. The harpy's glare turned slightly hostile before she looked away and schooled her features, turning her attention back to the second gift from Od. Straightening slightly, Kale wondered what that would be. She doubted it was water, the viscosity was wrong and Od was not that boring. Could it be a cooking ingredient? Again, doubtful, seeming as who the gift was being given to. Plus, the sealing was too cautionary to be a drink to go with the stupid chocolates...A chemical, then? ...
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:57 pm

There was merely a quiet hum of agreement when the accusation of being romantic was tossed his way. Od tried to practice discretion with how closely he was watching Rendaz, but that he was severly pleased with the reaction to the chili peppers would not be guarded. His smirk could not become more smug at the sound of Rendaz's hiss and Od filed away a quick mental note to secure some seeding for more of the peppers at the soonest opportunity so that they could eventually be attained from the castle gardens. It would be his next mission whenever they managed to organize a mainland trip.

When attentions turned to the vial, Odqura's smug expression settled into simply watchful. He waited for Rendaz to inspect it and glanced at the other two in the room to see if they were curious as well. They seemed to him to be well enough, so he eyed the bottle with some pride in his gaze while he shrugged one shoulder as if it were no large fuss.

"Where I'm from, we call that yongheng shuimian." He pronounced the words carefully for the benefit of others, but batted his fingertips to silently imply that they needn't remember the name. "It is a highly potent neurotoxic venom extracted from Mongolian volatiraptors. It boasts a high fatality rate, in fact." He continued to explain without divulging any more on the species lest he bore his listeners. "So please do take care with it."

He paused as if satisfied with this explanation and nodded surely, leaning in towards Rendaz just slightly and lowering his decibel conspiratorially. "I figured you could inspire some compelling use for it. Or it inspire you, either way." He shrugged again and glanced off to the side dismissively, though he remained watchful from the corner of his eye.
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 183
Weight : 32

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+odqura

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Rendaz stared intently as Od spoke, giving the flask a glance every so often. At first he was intruiged, before his expression changed to flat-out disgust, holding the liquid further away from his nostrils. To think he was about to drink that? He mentally shivered. But another look was given to it, and he allowed it to slosh around in its little capsule, a thoughtful expression crossed his face.

He could understand the chocolates, but it baffled him why the dean would grant him with such a weapon. Either he was suicidal, or maybe he really trusted him to use it well? He couldn't tell, but he wouldn't press the matter, not when others were present. "I will find a use for this.." he said simply, setting the vial carefully down next to the egg. Although, with such a potent venom, he couldn't help but grin faintly at the uses that he imagined. He would most definately not waste this.

He blinked, realising that their little ceremony of gift giving was over. "Well," he started, his bored gaze skimming over Everly and Kale. "Is that it?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Everly Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:13 pm

It was strange that Odqura would trust the ruckarl with such a gift. Everly felt her stomach jump when he announced just what the vial contained. She turned her focus to the raptor, her eyebrows furrowed above narrowed eyes, silently asking what his motives could possibly be. But she didn't wait for an answer. The gift was given and it could not be taken back. She would simply have to discuss the matter with her friend later.

Everly shifted her eyes from Od to Kale to Rendaz. Then she stood up, her dress billowing slightly around her legs before settling. "I must be going, then," she said, bowing her head just a bit and lowering her eyelids. "Again, congratulations, Dean Rendaz. I have high hopes that you will fill the position well." She folded her hands in front of herself and made her way to the door.
Everly
Everly
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 53 kg

http://aalc.deviantart.com/gallery/32021409#/d49g3u1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Kale's gaze tracked the vial. Neurotoxin, hm? The science professor was thoroughly curious and interested, already making plans to visit Od later to insist upon a full report of the poison's effects. Maybe the mechanics professor would even enlighten her to what he exactly used it for eventually.

Tearing her gaze away from the toxin as Everly stood, Kale watched her head towards the door, not offering a goodbye. Glancing to Od and Rendaz she made no move to leave yet herself, instead looking towards the mechanics professor and smiling slightly.

"I actually have a request to make of you before you kick me out, Dean Rendaz. I wish to have something built and I while I normally would have my personal mechanic do it...I would prefer a more experienced hand for something that requires such perfection. I offer to pay you of course, should you accept to hear me out." She inclined her head towards him marginally.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Od caught the Headmistress's unsettled stare but he ignored it for now. He would try to explain himself later if he had to, though it wasn't like he knew what the gift's purpose was any thoroughly than anyone else. It just seemed like a decent gift, both rare and valuable, and that was really good enough a reason for him.

"Yes," he hummed, "I suppose that is all, Professor." He moved a bit to follow the Headmistress out of the room and listened as Kale said her piece. "I actually have business to discuss with you as well, Dean Rendaz." Using the ruckarl's new title brought a small smirk to his lips. "But I will wait until you both are through."

Od was content with going second. He bowed his head to the pair politely and made his way from the room to prop himself with his shoulder blades against the wall and patiently wait just outside the doorway until Kale had finished with whatever she needed to talk about.

(( so skip my turn until Kale is through, then I'll rejoin if Rendaz will hear Od out ;3 ))
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:43 am

Rendaz had reason to assume that Everly didn't fully mean her congratulations, and she recieved nothing more than a skeptic glance in response. However, momentarily glancing at her dress, he gave a curt nod. "Don't trip over on the way out." His attention was quickly averted from her.

Still holding the venom preciously in his claws, he was surprised when Kale did not immediately take her leave. Her complimenting - although he saw it merely as means of persuasion - did not stop the ruckarl from raising his chin slightly higher. The offer of pay was enough to hook his interest.

A glance was given towards Od as he too chipped in. It made him curious, but he quelled the thought, returning his attention to the harpy. "What is it you desire, Dean Kale?" he inquired, his tone slightly mocking, yet nonetheless sincere. It'd better be good.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Kale smirked slightly. This was really an experimental idea, but she wanted to gain back some of her lost abilites, and this might work. She was sure Rendaz would be more than able to do the task, and it would benefit her greatly.

“I have another.” She gestured to the egg she had given as a present. “I wish for you to use it to make me a mask.” She casually pulled back her bangs like a curtain to reveal the large scar that ceased the function of her eye. It was large and a darker red/brow that stood out starkly from her pale skin. It was indented with ridges from the healing method that had been used: burning the would shut. It crossed from her forehead, over her brow and eye, over the cheetkbone, thinning to an end on her cheek almost level with the corner of her mouth. The scar itself was huge and distracting, completely destroying the effect of the right side of her face, even though she would have been pretty without it.

“I require it to be intricate and detailed with perfection and utmost craftsmanship to cover this.” She stared hard at him. “Do you think you have the talent to fufill this desire of mine, Dean Rendaz?”
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am

Another egg? He stared in interest. His sharp, unruly teeth showed through the smug grin on his face as he leaned an arm on one of the stools. His expression was unwavering at her request, although he did wonder about the mask. The scar must’ve been an embarrassment – a sign of weakness as it were. Of course, Rendaz himself had obtained many scars, but they never did last too long, they always healed. Heck, even after having his fingers sliced off, they grew back with little problem.

“Do I think?” he sneered, gesturing to some of the tools and gadgets displayed around the room. “I know I can do this. My talent is incomparable, y’know.” His pompous, self absorbed attitude was briefly dropped as he gave her a slightly more serious look. “But there’s just a few conditions.” He paused to allow a breath of grey, wispy smoke flood from his mouth. “You see, if you’re supplying the materials, then I’ll gladly make it. But I’ll need an extra payment for spending my precious time slaving over your request. And I require this extra payment before I do this commission of yours.” He could’ve gotten off with just the egg, but he wasn’t about to waste the opportunity to squeeze just a something little extra from her.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:08 am

Kale glanced about the room as Rendaz gestured to all the gadgets, seemingly unimpressed by the collection. She looked back to the mechanics professor unconvinced.

"I have only heard rumors, I have not yet seen any proof that you can in fact do anything like what I want. But, I suppose that is what I am figuring out, isn't it?" The harpy hummed lightly, wings shifting behind her to shuffle her feathers in to laying neatly and comfortably. She looked upon the orange creature as if he were an amusing kid as he proposed conditions.

"Now see here, Rendaz. The egg itself is worth more than just your time." Her gaze was hard and something about her air was chilled. "I will not pay you extra. I can take my materials elsewhere...perhaps a human jeweler? They are cheaper...and they wont have an inkling as to how valuable what they are working with is." She lifted a hand to study her nails in a disinterested fashion. "In fact, I was going to offer that whatever you didn't use of the second egg for the mask you could keep afterwards for compensation...but I could get the scraps back from an ignorant human...could have the profit myself." Kale dropped her hand and schooled her face into an expression that said she might have actually talked herself out of using Rendaz at all for her commission. "That may actually be the better deal for me. I am usually too lazy to go out and sell the egg myself, as I'm still sitting on the pile of gold I got from selling one fifty years ago. But, I guess that doesn't mean I should readily give away my valuables, does it? That is, if I don't loose them. I am horrible of keeping track of things I don't particularly need."

She sighed, as if having to deal with the extra valuable egg fragments would be tiresome and bothersome, despite the gain she would get. Kale moved to rise off the stool and turn towards the door, feigning a resigned attitude to this fate of finding another to make her mask and becoming richer by scamming a clueless human.

The harpy was betting on the ruckarl taking the lower price with no extra payment over no business at all.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 am

As Rendaz listened to her, he tried to keep his expression still, smug and confident, like he'd always done on the brink of rejection. After all, if he showed any sign of defeat, he could lose out on this deal. He did come to regret saying what he had said earlier, but a determination overcame him not to let it go to waste. He could work his way around this.

"Ha!" Rendaz shifted swiftly towards the door, trying not to look like he was blocking her way out, but trying to persuade her back. He resisted grabbing her shoulder. "A mere human wouldn't understand the quality expected of him," he insisted. "Nor would he understand the properties of an jewel so valuable! Their stubby little fingers couldn't craft anything resembling beauty." Smoke hissed through his nostrils, and his expression seemed to show the slightest hint of desperation.

A smirk crossed his face. "Now I know you won't be easily swayed by such words. Actions speak louder after all." He gestured to a few bracelets lying on a desk somewhere. "How 'bout I throw in an extra pair of bracelets into the deal? Custom made, of course." He looked to the egg again, grinning widely. "I do still require the full egg, and..." His eyes seemed to gleam with anticipation. "...Any price you decide to add that will be a fully appreciated... donation to my cause."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Kale tried not to grin as Rendaz stepped right to where she wanted him. She schooled her face into a thoughtful, maybe skeptical, look as she stopped and raised an eyebrow at the ruckarl. Bringing a hand up to tap lightly at her lips, she glanced over to the desk. This was too sweet, not only was she getting her mask, but the professor had offered her even more. Looking back to him again, she lowered her hand and straightened her posture.

"And you can assure me that your work will be so significantly better that the price difference is worth it?" Kale asked, although she already had no doubts. Humans were near worthless, after all. "The egg has a peculiar shape and it is very fine, you will certainly need to be careful in working with it." She narrowed her eyes, putting on a serious look. "You will have to make this mask, for the majority of it, out of the egg. However, you may keep any left over and you may add metals in to it if you wish, but they must be of high quality and compliment the design in the egg. It is of utmost importance that it looks of Harpy genuine and fits perfectly to my appearance." She took a few steps forward, imposing the significance of this aspect. This was only a hunch after all, it may not work, but the best chance it had was if it looked like her before her scar and had the appeal of a harpy. Her own egg, how much closer could she get? Still, she did not have an abundance of eggs, it had to be done right the first time.

"If I am pleased by your work, I may just add a generous extra gold donation." She tilted her chin up. "Also, no bracelets. A belt. A decorative, but sturdy, metal belt that will hold an easily accessible looped chain at my hip." She smiled in a seemingly kind way. "How does that sound?"

(( The chain she is talking about is a Chinese chain whip with a scythe on the end. It's her weapon of choice. ))
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am

“I can assure you, business such as this is second nature to me,” he grinned, resting an arm on his hip. He raised an eyebrow quizzically. “How do you think I’ve gotten through life without satisfying my customer’s desires?”
His lips twisted into a slight frown at her second request, however, he tried to diguise it as a grin. She wanted a belt now? Such a thing wouldn’t have been a big deal, however, it did use extra material, and the specifics of the design were dissatisfying. Bracelets, he could have easily scavanged a few that he had pre-prepared, adjust it a little and call it ‘custom’. “My offer covered bracelets, madame, not a belt,” he nodded, his voice almost straining in the attempt to sound polite. “But if you want your belt so bad, then I’m afraid an extra little something is needed.”

He turned away, reaching into several drawers before finally pulling out a measuring tape. “I really don’t know what you mean by ‘if’. Besides, anything you are dissatisfied with returns to me. Waste not, want not.” He stepped forward, stretching the tape out. “Allow me to make a few measurements, if you will. I can’t do this off the top of my head now.”
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm

"Very well, then." Kale hummed lightly, as if off-handed. "I'll trust you to be able to do this task for me." She inclined her head, smirking. "Bracelets are useless to me. A pretty trinket, but nothing more. However, for the inconvenience..." The owl paused and looked over Rendaz as if deciding how much he was worth. "Two hundred pounds for the belt." She stated simply with finality. Now, she knew two hundred pounds for a belt - any belt - was ridiculous, but she wanted to give the mechanic incentive to do a really nice job.

Her eyes ran over the tape measure and she nodded her consent. Not exactly knowing what Rendaz would do, she stayed standing perfectly still, waiting for either instruction or for him to just get on with it and be done. Knowing her habit of leeching energy, she consciously quelled the action, the air directly around her skin heating again as she expelled a small amount of energy rather than take. It was not significant, just the amount a blushing person might have over a normal body heat (minus the redness of skin), but just enough to be detectable. Especially when her air had been so chilled before.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

As he was looked over, his posture became slightly narrowed, wearing that confident smirk, as if that would somehow affect the decision of her price. His expression soon lightened as she decreed her price. A considerable sum of money indeed, and he almost praised his own ingeniousness. Of course, if she was willing to offer that much for a simple belt, then he was almost completely certain that there would be more to squeeze out of her yet. That was better left until a later time though. "A deal it is!" he agreed, not about to give her a chance to withdraw the offer.

He felt the slight warmth radiating from her, but his smug expression didn't shift once. "Stand still and don't complain," he instructed, specific emphasis being put on the latter command. He moved forward to wrap the tape around the circumference of her head, humming a tuneless melody under his breath as he peered at the small numbers. Stowing them into his memory, he continued to find other measurements - the height of her face, her nose, the size of her cheeks. Such measurements were taken in a rather hurried manner without much words, and after taking a waist measurement, he quickly rushed to a desk, scrawling numbers down on a notepad lying nearby. "You're small," he simply commented.

He looked up, his red gaze returning to Kale. "Give it a week. I'll have them done by then." He gave her a curious glance. "...If you require then faster than that, I may require... compensation for generously setting aside my busy schedule for you."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 am

The harpy nodded curtly at the completion of the deal, a small smirk at the corner of her lips. She would have paid most any price he had pushed, no one was she letting some foul human do her work, but this sum was better than she had anticipated. She needed this mask and she needed it soon and done right. If he could do this, she would have time to experiment with it. She had important work to get to.

At the Ruckarl's demands she narrowed her eye, but stood rigid. As Rendaz stood close and began his measurements, a small stream of air slipped from her mouth as a small hiss. She focused purely on controlling her desire to lash out at the other body. It was really an unexplainable urge. She wanted to step back and just be away from him. She didn't like being so close when it wasn't on her terms. Kale had to remind herself that it was on her terms though. She wanted the mask, she asked him to make it, and he was only now complying to her original desire. She huffed, obviously annoyed.

The harpy only opened her eye when the mechanic had moved away, and she watched him write down the numbers. She only rolled her eyes at his comment and walked over to stand in front of him again. Kale raised an eyebrow at the obvious suggestion for more money and smiled a little secretively.

"A week is fine. However, should you finish earlier than that with still exceeding quality, I may feel inclined to show some generosity." Darting forward, Kale aimed a small peck of a kiss on the ruckarl's nose.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Kale's attitude towards the measurements annoyed him. She'd asked for this mask to be of the highest standard,, and he certainly couldn't do that if he were second-guessing all the sizes, especially if she wanted it to fit her. Actually, he would have preferred to mould the shape directly from her face, but he wasn't prepared to deal with the complaining from that.

'Feel inclined', frankly, wasn't specific enough. He knew she was only toying with him, though. "Of course," he coolly promised, placing the utensil to the side. It was her kiss, however, that caught him by surprise.

He blinked, staring to her, before busting into a small, wheezy chuckle, as if she'd just told some absurd joke. What was she hoping he would do? Leap into her arms with a loving, promising hug? "Unfortunately for you, I'm not as thick as most men. My judgement isn't swayed by female attention." He'd put up with it for years. His expression seemed thoroughly amused as he stared, a hand leaning on the table.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:04 pm

"Female attention?" Kale scoffed, giving the amused man an incredulous look. "Mais, monsieur, I am but French. If you had thought that kiss was anything more than simple friendly appreciation, you are mistaken." She tilted her head and smirked superiorily. "As if I would pay you any 'female attention'..." She rolled her eye as if such a thing were preposterous.

Pausing, however, she glanced over him as if considering and raised an eyebrow. "Too bad, though. If such a thing would work, I might. You do seem particularly useful and are seeming to be expensive for commissions, on top of that, you really aren't that bad looking." Her lips quirked up in amusement. No, she wasn't being serious, she was just messing with the professor, but still, it was fun. The harpy's wings flicked to reorganize her feathers as she shrugged.

"Either way, I do believe Od would be quite put out to hear of any affairs between me and you." Kale gave a small laugh and gave Rendaz a rather suggestive look. "Perhaps...that is why you are unphased by my femininity? Would you accept if I said that not I, but Od, could be offered to you?" She held a smug air as she crossed her arms, tilting her hips and dopping her right shoulder and wing lower in a rather confident stance.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:24 pm

You're female, he couldn't help but think, ignoring the incredulous look she gave him. And you're paying me attention. Rendaz resisted pointing out this blatant contradiction to her statements, allowing her to continue. It was almost as if keeping his thoughts to himself gave him a superior position. For now, she'd allow her to continue her merry line of thought. The customer was always right, or at least, he would pretend they were until the moment their back was turned.

Rendaz feigned an offended look at Kale's remark. Not that bad? Whilst he wasn't exactly the king of fashion, he felt he deserved a little more than that. Then again, he assumed any compliment was rare from the harpy, no matter how meagre it was.

It was her mentioning of Od that earned a raised eyebrow from the ruckarl. Did she think there was something between the two? Of course, he'd come to feel some sort of trust for the history teacher - if anything, he was one of the few people here with a good head on his shoulders. "Oh please. Unless you're offering him as a test subject, I'll have to say no," he said, shaking his head almost as if he regretted his decision. "He ain't cut out for stuff like this anyway. Too fancy for my tastes, I'm afraid." He glanced quickly to the door. Would the dean be able to overhear? Probably. Did Rendaz care? Nope.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 pm

"You can call it that, if it makes you feel better." Kale rolled her eyes and flipped a hand casually. "Although, please keep your experimenting to yourselves. I have good hearing, and I am not always out hunting and far enough away to not hear you at night should you decide to use him as a 'test subject' after all." She crossed her arms in a superior fashion, though her quirked eyebrow and smug smirk told of her jesting nature.

"You know, Le Poulet Bleu has his moments. I think if you gave him a chance, he might surprise you." Kale too, glanced to the door quickly. Then, she shrugged. "But, what do I know? You're just cute together, I think you should go for it. He's definitely a good person to have on your side, and it's quite obvious he fancies you. Just a thought. Being someone of strategy, I would not pass up this chance." She lingered an undecipherable gaze on Rendaz. "You'll need allies." Her face was passive, then she flashed him a sudden, bright and cheery smile that seemed completely uncharacteristic, though not entirely misplaced on her face. She picked up a hand and gave a quick girly wave, calling a quick "Ta!" in farewell. As she spun and made for the door with a particularly quick haste, it was obvious she was retreating for one reason or another. She couldn't help the light laughter that came out, being in a particularly good mood.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Rendaz huffed loudly. Trust Kale to twist his words into different meanings - and he was absolutely sure she'd phrased it that way on purpose. By 'test subject', he was most certainly referring to a target dummy on which to practise his firearms, or just to take his frustrations out. Of course, both their minds were less than innocent.

He stared with a strange sort of disbelieving expression, scoffing in a 'are you kidding' sort of way. He sorely hoped she was. He wasn't about to be dragged into some fabled relationship her rather creepy mind had conjured. But before he had time to retort, she was already slithering away. "Hey!" he snapped, doubting that she would stop but trying anyway. There was no way he was going to allow her not only kick dust in his face, but also get the last laugh about it. "What exactly do you mean?" he hissed hastily. "What make you think I need allies?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:21 pm

The harpy stopped at the door, turning just enough to get Rendaz back in her sights. She paused, then smiled slightly sad, as if apologetic and slightly pitying of the other newly appointed Dean.

"Because, Rendaz. I do find you amusing, and I may just be sad to see you perish. I think it would not hurt you to make some connections, is all." She nodded. "It has been a delight talking." With that, the harpy opened the door and let herself out.

It was true. She did find the man brilliant and she hated to see talent go to waste. However...well, no one knew how this was going to go down yet. She had work to do.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Od had waited patiently leaning on his bit of wall outside the door for the duration of their meeting. He had heard snippets, and at least understood the gist of Kale's request. So Rendaz would be making something for her. It disappointed him a little for he had wished to make a similar request. But now that the harpy had beat him to the chase, he figures it might be best to allow Rendaz to focus on her order before piling more commissions upon him. Besides, this visit was supposed to be of the congratulatory variety, not business. Of course, he could neither leave without an explanation when it had been announced he would wait, so wait he did if only to excuse himself when the other two were done.

When Kale exited the room, Od schooled his thoughtful features into a friendly enough smile. "Professor." Her parting words had been suspicious, but he did not know enough to judge. And so with a nod to her, he stepped away from the wall and back towards Rendaz's rooms. His fingers curled around the edge of the door and he peeked inside. When his eyes found the ruckarl, a slyly amused smile wouldn't be suppressed as he recalled some things overheard. He took a half-step into the room, still partly behind the door.

"Perhaps my audience can wait, Professor. I would not wish to overwhelm you." He tried to sound politely professional, but the insistent smirk on his face spoke of his eavesdropping guilt. He made as if to leave again, then stopped himself short for show as if he'd just thought of something important. "Oh but Dean..." A teasingly thoughtful look settled on his features and he tapped one index finger to his bottom lip. "If you should ever find yourself in need of a test subject... You know where I live."
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, he had expected anything put a serious response from the harpy. With a resigned sigh, he could only knead his temple in pent up frustration. A strange, baffling woman. The statement in itself was redundant - most women already were. He would've felt relieved with her derpature, but matters weren't quite over yet.

He readily faced the dean, crossing his arms, his fingers impatiently tapping his elbows. For one joke, the others were taking this 'test subject' thing further than he preferred. "As always, Od," he grunted in exasperation. "You can't honestly tell me that you stood waiting out that door just so you could say 'goodbye'. Whatever you're wanting, just spit it out." His expression only seemed mildly annoyed, slightly reminiscent of a scowl, but a small smirk would betray his feelings. If anything, the history professor was easier to confront than Kale.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next