The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Picture books!

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Picture books! Empty Picture books!

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Amanda stepped into the library cautiously, just to be sure she wasn't disturbing anybody. She walked over to one of the shelves and started looking through the books. Picking up the colourful ones only to find there were no pictures. Not that she had trouble reading, just didn't have the patience to deal with words. After a while she sighed and took a blue and pink book from a shelf and sat down, opened it to a random page and stared at the page, blissfully unaware the book was upside down.

Amanda sighed from the boredom yet didn't take her eyes of the page, almost as though there was something of grave important on that page that needed to be uncovered. However there wasn't...It was a book with a colourful cover Amanda didn't even know the title of.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Picture books! Empty Re: Picture books!

Post  Raye-Majick Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Raye sauntered through the library doors yaoi manga in hand, intent on sitting and reading in peace.

What she wasn't expecting was to walk in on a girl - Amanda, if her memory served her correctly - reading a book...upside down. Huh, normal...

"Hi. Interesting book?" she called to the girl sarcastically.
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Amanda thought that the voice was directed at someone else for a moment. She looked up just to check and then realized the question had been for her. Amanda gave a quiet squeak and hid her face behind the book again for a moment before re-emerging.

"H-hello...The book is rather...Interesting. I-it's about art" Amanda murmured quietly before closing the book and realizing that it was on in fact about homosexuality. She blushed and ran to put the book back, not wanting to give Raye the wrong idea. She tripped over on air and just about managed to stop herself from falling face first into the bookshelf. She hastily put the book in a random place and walked back to Raye, still blushing.

"W-well I was about finished with it anyway." She laughed awkwardly "S-so, what is your book about, anything interesting?" She asked trying to change the subject.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Raye gave a booming laugh when she caught sight of the title of the book and the big fuss Amanda made when she realised what the book was about.

"Oh, it's quite similar to your art," she replied with a twinkle in her eyes.
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Amanda tilted her head to see the cover of Raye's book. It took a moment for her to figure out what she was seeing.

"Those two boys. They're not wearing any-" 'Surprised' as Amanda was to see this but then remembered Rayes comment "Wait you have it all wrong! I wasn't, I mean to say I'm not, I-I-I" Amanda burst out in a frustrated jumble, blushing even harder. She took a deep breath "I'm sorry" she muttered, not entirely sure what she was apologizing for. "It's just...I can't focus on words I prefer pictures...But I couldn't find any books with pictures..."
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Raye laughed, enjoying the girls squirming. "I'm inclined to agree. I prefer my comic books to novels. Novels can get so boring."
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Amanda wasn't really sure what the laughing was about, but chose to not join in.

"Really? Do you have any interesting comics?" Amanda asked forgetting entirely about the yaoi in Rayes hand
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:22 pm

The Jinn grinned wickedly, offering the book in her hand to the girl. "You could always try this."
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Amanda's face lit up as she took the book offered to her.

"T-thank you very much" Amanda said excitedly and opened the book and began to read. "This seems interesting already!" Amanda commented.

A few pages later her face began to drop

"W-what are they doing?" She asked pointing at the two boys kissing.

She turned the page before waiting for an answer, after seeing the contents of the pages following she began to let out a quiet scream then stopped herself and pushed the book away blushing furiously.

"O-o-on second thought I don't think I like this style of drawing." Amanda muttered, scarred by what she had just seen.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Raye bit her lip and curled in on herself, shaking with silent laughter.
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm

The girl before her seemed to be dying from the laughter. Apparently she knew Amanda would act this way.

"S-s-so y-you read this type of thing...Much?" Amanda asked slightly scared
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:41 pm

"Y-yeah," she gasped through her fits of laughter. Oh, this girl was gonna be fun to rile up.
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Amanda's eyes widened slightly "O-oh...Is that so?" Amanda asked "Uh...So...You actually enjoy that kind of thing?"
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

She was sober now... to some extent. She was able to stand back to full height but she was grinning like she was mad and the occasional chuckle escaped her lips. "I wouldn't read it if I didn't enjoy it."
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:31 pm

"That's nice" Amanda replied deciding she'd not let it show that it bugged her when a thought occurred "Y-your not thinking of doing something like that with anyone here?" Her eyes widened once more in fear for herself.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

The Jinn shrugged. "Possibly." No use in lying about it, ne?
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Amanda laughed nervously "You know I really don't think doing that kind of thing is a-allowed here...Maybe...Don't suppose you know if there are any l-l-less...E-explicit...Books in here?" Amanda asked trying to change the subject
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Hryshen felt like going to the library again. It had been awhile and the last time she was there she hadn't finished reading the books she had picked out. She strode inside with a light mood. She looked around and noticed two girls conversing. She didn't recognize either, having never met them nor have them in her class. She thought of confronting them but wasn't sure if they'd want to be interrupted so she went to a bookcase near them and skimmed the titles of books there.

--------
I hope you don't mind my joining. I thought it'd be nice to meet Raye and Amanda sometime and it seemed like a nice topic to join. If you do mind I can always delete this

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Weight : Drawing and Reading

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Amanda noticed the new person walk in, she ran to her, she looked...Safer than Raye.

"Hi, n-nice to m-meet you. My name's A-amanda" She murmured slightly louder than normal.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 am

Raye strolled behind Amanda casually, slipping her yaoi book in her overlarge jacket pocket. She gave the newcomer a casual wave of her hand. "Hey. I'm Raye-Majick."

The Jinn was curious about the newcomer. She had met quite a few interesting people here at AALC and she was more than willing to meet more.

((Hakuna matata. Join the party~ I love meeting new people here - thye're all so interesting))
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Hryshen blinked then smiled, she was somewhat surprised by the blonde girl's sudden rush to her. "Why hello. Amanda? That's a nice name." She waited a moment as the other girl introduced herself. "Very nice to meet you both. I'm Hryshen." She bowed slightly. "What might you two be here for?" She asked the question more for what type of books, she hoped they didn't retort that they were here for something other than books. She knew that 'joke' to well, and found it unamusing by now. She looked over the books she had been skimming over, her finger resting on a leather-bound book about contraptions made in the 1600s to 1800s.

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:18 pm

"It's nice to meet you too!" Amanda smiled Someone less scary. "I was just in here looking for a book with lot's of pictures...Then Raye came in and introduced me to a new kind of...Art." Amanda blushed "A-anyway, how about you? What bring you to the library?"
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:18 am

"I came in here for some quiet so I could read my...art." Her lip twitched as she said it.

She leaned against the bookcase directly to her right with her hip, crossing her arms over her chest. With a slight yawn, her ears, tail and red eyes appeared. They usually did when she was tired. And reliving the death of people close to her almost every night didnt allow for much restful sleep.

The tail swayed behind her slowly and her one ear perked up, the other drooping close to her blue hair.

"But I found Amanda and thought it the best time to introduce her to some good manga." A roguish grin overtook her features. "Ne, Manda-chan~?"
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 am

"Art?" Hryshen's face lit up at the word. "I always did love art. Which artist are you looking into? Pablo Picasso? Or could it be Rembrandt? I'm partial to Greek art myself. I even love their statues...though I focus most on the faces than anything else..." Hryshen smiled, at the two girls, excited to hear what artist they liked.

She blinked at Amanda's question. "O...Oh yeah." She slid the book her fingers had kept watch over. "I came to look at the inventions of the past...I'm horrible with machines and so I thought I'd read up on it.... I bet...if you'd like to read it too, there are quite a few pictures of the older machines.. Like sketchs from Da Vinci's notebooks or the Wright Brother's original plane design."

Hryshen looked at Raye. The ears and tail didn't surprise her, having been used to the strange fish of the deep. She had even comforted a dying two-headed fish. Just goes to show, radiation does kill. She raised her eyebrow. "Manga? What kind of book is that?"

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Amanda looked down in slight guilt of calling it 'art' and pulling Hryshen into it. "Uhm, well...It's all so pretty I can't pick a favourite artist or style, all of it is just so magical and inspiring you know?" Amanda smiled

"Oh that sounds really really interesting!" Amanda's face lit up, no idea what it was about, but hey it sounded interesting.

Amanda went silent as Hryshen mentioned Raye's manga.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next